- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Gay lifestyle attack by Christian lobby
John Stanley speaks with Jim Wallace, leader of the Australian Christian Lobby who, during a debate on same-sex marriage, has suggested a homosexual "lifestyle" was more hazardous to health than smoking.
Jim Wallace has denied he compared homosexuality with smoking in a debate on same-sex marriage. Mr Wallace told a University of Tasmania audience that homosexuality reduced life expectancy more than smoking and should therefore be discouraged.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has withdrawn from speaking at the Australian Christian Lobby's conference next month over its leader's "offensive" comments about homosexuality.
Prime Minister Gillard, an avowed atheist, was due to address the conference on October 6 in Canberra on the topic of "religious freedom in a secular democracy".
But she's now pulled out because of what she described as an "offensive" comment by ACL boss Jim Wallace that smoking is healthier than same-sex marriage.
She says there are a range of deeply held views in the community on the issue of same-sex marriage but it's the responsibility of all parties in this debate to be respectful and responsible in any public comments they make.
Mr Wallace allegedly made the claim in a debate on marriage equality with Greens leader Christine Milne at the University of Tasmania yesterday but has denied comparing homosexuality with smoking.
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for
natural enhancementbuy virility ex Monday 17 September, 2012 - 7:04 PM
Bikinis not burkas. Gene variations for homosexuals claim is just fake science pushed as fact by the Any-Lie-Will-Do same-sex lobby. Just google Gay Gene to see the dispute and conjecture. If such a gene ever capable of validation, it would be bad news for all the phonies claiming their homosexuality is not merely a lifestyle choice.CC Wednesday 12 September, 2012 - 6:00 PM
Bikinis not burkas. Gene variations for homosexuals claim is just fake science pushed as fact by the â??any-lie-will-doâ?? same-sex lobby. Just google â??gay geneâ?? to see the dispute and conjecture. If such a gene ever capable of validation, it would be bad news for all the phonies claiming their homosexuality is not merely a lifestyle choice.CC Wednesday 12 September, 2012 - 9:45 AM
Bikinis not burka, if homosexual sex is healthy why can`t they donate blood. Do you really believe they should be teaching that homosexual sex is healthy in our public schools ?. Which group has the highest rates of Depression, suicide, STD`s and medical problems, Hetrosexuals or homosexuals ?If it`s so healthy as you write, why are the hospitalsd clogged up with more men with HIV than smokers ? Jim Wallace is about the only leader in this country to stand up for the health of our nation.Joe Monday 10 September, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Sadly all around the globe, millions of male homosexuals have already died and are still dying terrible deaths because of A.I.D.S. People need to be made aware before it is too late!!! The homosexual marriage push is clearly inappropriate.Alex Monday 10 September, 2012 - 10:31 AM
Is Jim Wallace the only man strong enough to bring this real issue up ?Johannes Monday 10 September, 2012 - 7:26 AM