- Disabled parking demerit points
- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute!
- AIRA gossip from Richard Wilkins
- Council protest ships at White Bay
- Cowan appeals Morcombe confession
- Shorten plays co-payment all wrong?
- Phil Hughes: Ambo response queires
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- md nurul amin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! pathetic news for me and shocked at the dawn demise of HUGE. CA lost a legend' tribute to him more
- Paul Carter on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My condolences to Phillip Hughes Family, Friends and the Cricket Fraternity after his tragic death yesterday. more
- Yvonne Holmes on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My deepest sympathy to Phillip Hughes' family at this tragic time. I have joined thousands of others in crying for your ... more
- Mohammed Salim on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! In Memory of Philip HughesCricket is not just a game but a family. We are all brothers ; surpassing borders and nations. We ... more
- Dr Wajdi Hadi on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My Condolences to family and to all Australia,May God give patience to his family and friends.I suggets to gather support to ... more
- kathleen, richard, ryan & blake on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We have followed your journey and with sadness, we along with your family and friends mourn the loss of a talented player ... more
- Colin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! A very very sad day for the world of cricket. So sorry for Phillip Hughes and his family. RIP PhilSpare a thought for Sean ... more
- sada siwan on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! have not met him, but there are some cricketers whom I just like and Phil is one of them. may god be with you and rest in ... more
- Trevor Lord on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened as an ex East St resident. Knew his mum casually at Macksville RSL.his uncle cut my 90 year old parents ... more
- Ross & Sylvia Tollow on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We express our deepest sympathy to all the Hughes family, may your son and brother rest in peace. Our thoughts are also with ... more
- Tejas on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My best wishes to the family. He passed playing the game he loved. He reminds us how precious life is. Please let his death ... more
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
Gillard's Gonski education 'crusade'
The Gillard government's new national schools reforms want to lift Australian students into the top 5 countries in the world for education. Jason Morrison questions where the funding will come from.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The government plans to lift the global ranking of the nation's education system to the top five by 2025 and adopt a new benchmark Schooling Resource Standard for students.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has outlined a new $6.5-billion funding model which would see schools paid on a per-student basis from 2014.
Schools would also be forced to show they are improving reading, science and maths skills of their students in a bid to win extra money.
Ian 'Dicko' Dickson with 2UE Chief Political Correspondent Michael Pachi on the plans being outlined and questions where the money will be coming from.
The Gillard Government says it has a ''once in a generation'' opportunity to support the education needs of every student in the country.
Federal Education Minister Peter Garrett has confirmed the Government plans to adopt a new school funding model that will see a benchmark amount for each student, and additional loadings for students who face disadvantage.
Mr Garrett tells 2UE's John Stanley the new scheme would be more equitable.
Teachers and Principals have mostly welcomed the Government's plan, but argue the Commonwealth needs to stump-up most money, which will be a reversal from the current system.
Prime Minister Gillard wouldn't be drawn on funding arrangements, other than to say she'll lead talks with the states to reach a new agreement from 2014.
Former 2UE broadcaster and former Shadow Education Minister Stephen O'Doherty reveals to John Stanley why he likes the proposal and the vision it shows for all schools.
The Australian Education Union says the federal government should cover the lion's share of the new with the NSW government echoing a similiar sentiment.
The Greens say they will seek to amend new laws to make the educational targets more ambitious in order to lift overall standards.
The independent schools sector says it's happy to continue working with the government on school funding reforms and how they'll be implemented. (AAP)
Jason Morrison reveals how cameras on the morning a mongrel decided to mount the Cenotaph were not working as they should. Is it a sign there needs to be a change of direction at town hall this election?
Liberal State Senator Bill Heffernan says the Gillard Government's sale of Cubbie Station to a Chinese-led consortium is a bad deal. He tells John Stanley the company has roots in the Chinese Government.
As a dinky Di Aussie I cannot understand how or why anyone would vote for the LaborParty. Failed roof bats; resulted in the deaths of four young Aussies; Carbon Tax- ." there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead " What a mess with electricity prices going through the roof; Boat people- opening Nahru without temporary visas; they still keep coming and recieve Centrelink benefits which exceed those received by our own Age Pensioners. Government debt in the bilions after inheriting a surplus of (?) $billions from the previous government which our children and maybe grandchildren will have to repay. Now a mining Tax which may well be sending Aussie jobs overseas. As for those Traitors Windsor and Oakshot, words fail me except to say I will
Be glad to see both of them annihilated at the next Federal Election at which I trust Australians will engage brain before casting their votes.John M Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 8:37 PM
How on earth could anyone still vote Labor?? They would have to be so damned stupid. Liberal at least do offer some hope while Labor are a dead loss. Liberal need to get back to the very basics and genuinely look after Aussies, Australian sovereignty first and foremost. Liberal need to make this crystal clear in the coming election campaign, because there are some very suspicious Liberal characters, no names need mentioning who are really not Liberal and are deeply Labor/Green and they do not give a fig about Australians. Tony Abbott needs to get troubled Australia "relaxed and comfortable" once again, just like the honest patriot John Howard did for us. Traitorous and anti-Australia, Labor have made Australia very nervous and stressed with absolutely no future with Labor.Michael Harrison Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 5:24 PM
All you ungrateful whinging sexist bigoted Australians, please note; Juliar skillfully managed to just avoid dangerous anthropogenic global warming, giving us Labor's fantastic carbon dioxide tax, she just avoided the European/US financial crisis, she gladly scrapped temporary protection visas/closed Nauru and revolutionized migration and border unprotection, bringing in the illegals, she personally led the rorted Building Education Revolution and the fatal chinese pink batts scheme, stuffed up the hospitals and dentists need I go on, she led the world in cash $Billion dollar donations to our enemies while ignoring our poor, she has borrowed and wasted about $300 BILLION Dollars from china and says we are the envy of the world, she watched grocery and fuel prices skyrocket out of control and arranged for us to be clean and green with the worlds dearest electricity prices, need I go on, she improved chinese relations selling off the farm with lots of our jobs gone to china etc, etc you ungratefulls should all say thank you, Juliar!!Joey Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 5:00 PM
Alex you are probably one of those people that voted labour in the first place and then decided to un-vote labour am I correct?luke Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 4:56 PM
Well dumb boy steve, easy fixed just you stop voting for Juliar/Labor.Alex Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 4:27 PM
I'm so sick of seeing her talk... WHY WHY WHY AUSTRALIA!!
Why have we let this pathetic politician guide our country to a drain hole.Wise Man Steve Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 10:25 AM