- Open Mic: Distance Education
- 19 new charges against Thomson
- Politician hands out his pay rise
- Ford to cut production in Australia
- Cost of raising children on the rise
- Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW
- Nationwide crackdown on illegal guns
- Video: The Great Gatsby Red Carpet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence again you think all gays just want to go to discos and saunas and have many partners.Well there are many who ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death I come from London .Homegrown Islamic extremism is a problem, however the EDL the English Defence League that rioted after ... more
- m on Man refuses rising for magistrate what i would like to see is someone giving parking tickets out in front of any mosque on a friday. council !! anyone ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Carry on Barry! If a Lieberal party stooge accuses you of being Labour - you who won a landslide election for the party, ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support @Paulo, why is it prejudice to point out that the institution of marriage has nothing to do with homosexual lifestyle? Tell ... more
- Terrence on Economic hard times for Aussies Well Bill, I wish you had said that before you came here. If you think we are doing it tough spare a thought for most of the ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Party hacks will always talk like party hacks. To them the country or the state is not more important than their petty ... more
- Michael on PM back in Sydney's greater west Well if Bob Hawke is going to be there, he can explain to Julia what its like to be stabbed in the back whilst P.M. Maybe ... more
- Michael on Claims against Ben Te'o denied Put simply, no charges laid by her or Mr Te'o so this is a non event. No one should condone violence of any kind against ... more
- Bill Baxter on PM back in Sydney's greater west A community cabinet eh! She would not even understand how cabinet government is supposed to operate! What a horrible piece ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Contempt not standing for Magistrate This is called Cultural Jihad!It is the thin edge of the wedge.Join the Q Society to uphold Australian values.Jason they are ... more
- bazza on PM back in Sydney's greater west bob is only going to get a bit of the ndis cash. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Girl held at gun point in robbery Again, people these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Contempt not standing for Magistrate People these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full of ... more
- CARMEN on PM back in Sydney's greater west Does she, Julia Gillard, REALLY NEED Bob Hawke to hold her hand in the Western Suburbs????....WHAT AN ABSOLUTE ... more
Gillard's Gonski education 'crusade'
The Gillard government's new national schools reforms want to lift Australian students into the top 5 countries in the world for education. Jason Morrison questions where the funding will come from.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The government plans to lift the global ranking of the nation's education system to the top five by 2025 and adopt a new benchmark Schooling Resource Standard for students.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has outlined a new $6.5-billion funding model which would see schools paid on a per-student basis from 2014.
Schools would also be forced to show they are improving reading, science and maths skills of their students in a bid to win extra money.
Ian 'Dicko' Dickson with 2UE Chief Political Correspondent Michael Pachi on the plans being outlined and questions where the money will be coming from.
The Gillard Government says it has a ''once in a generation'' opportunity to support the education needs of every student in the country.
Federal Education Minister Peter Garrett has confirmed the Government plans to adopt a new school funding model that will see a benchmark amount for each student, and additional loadings for students who face disadvantage.
Mr Garrett tells 2UE's John Stanley the new scheme would be more equitable.
Teachers and Principals have mostly welcomed the Government's plan, but argue the Commonwealth needs to stump-up most money, which will be a reversal from the current system.
Prime Minister Gillard wouldn't be drawn on funding arrangements, other than to say she'll lead talks with the states to reach a new agreement from 2014.
Former 2UE broadcaster and former Shadow Education Minister Stephen O'Doherty reveals to John Stanley why he likes the proposal and the vision it shows for all schools.
The Australian Education Union says the federal government should cover the lion's share of the new with the NSW government echoing a similiar sentiment.
The Greens say they will seek to amend new laws to make the educational targets more ambitious in order to lift overall standards.
The independent schools sector says it's happy to continue working with the government on school funding reforms and how they'll be implemented. (AAP)
Jason Morrison reveals how cameras on the morning a mongrel decided to mount the Cenotaph were not working as they should. Is it a sign there needs to be a change of direction at town hall this election?
Liberal State Senator Bill Heffernan says the Gillard Government's sale of Cubbie Station to a Chinese-led consortium is a bad deal. He tells John Stanley the company has roots in the Chinese Government.
As a dinky Di Aussie I cannot understand how or why anyone would vote for the LaborParty. Failed roof bats; resulted in the deaths of four young Aussies; Carbon Tax- ." there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead " What a mess with electricity prices going through the roof; Boat people- opening Nahru without temporary visas; they still keep coming and recieve Centrelink benefits which exceed those received by our own Age Pensioners. Government debt in the bilions after inheriting a surplus of (?) $billions from the previous government which our children and maybe grandchildren will have to repay. Now a mining Tax which may well be sending Aussie jobs overseas. As for those Traitors Windsor and Oakshot, words fail me except to say I will
Be glad to see both of them annihilated at the next Federal Election at which I trust Australians will engage brain before casting their votes.John M Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 8:37 PM
How on earth could anyone still vote Labor?? They would have to be so damned stupid. Liberal at least do offer some hope while Labor are a dead loss. Liberal need to get back to the very basics and genuinely look after Aussies, Australian sovereignty first and foremost. Liberal need to make this crystal clear in the coming election campaign, because there are some very suspicious Liberal characters, no names need mentioning who are really not Liberal and are deeply Labor/Green and they do not give a fig about Australians. Tony Abbott needs to get troubled Australia "relaxed and comfortable" once again, just like the honest patriot John Howard did for us. Traitorous and anti-Australia, Labor have made Australia very nervous and stressed with absolutely no future with Labor.Michael Harrison Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 5:24 PM
All you ungrateful whinging sexist bigoted Australians, please note; Juliar skillfully managed to just avoid dangerous anthropogenic global warming, giving us Labor's fantastic carbon dioxide tax, she just avoided the European/US financial crisis, she gladly scrapped temporary protection visas/closed Nauru and revolutionized migration and border unprotection, bringing in the illegals, she personally led the rorted Building Education Revolution and the fatal chinese pink batts scheme, stuffed up the hospitals and dentists need I go on, she led the world in cash $Billion dollar donations to our enemies while ignoring our poor, she has borrowed and wasted about $300 BILLION Dollars from china and says we are the envy of the world, she watched grocery and fuel prices skyrocket out of control and arranged for us to be clean and green with the worlds dearest electricity prices, need I go on, she improved chinese relations selling off the farm with lots of our jobs gone to china etc, etc you ungratefulls should all say thank you, Juliar!!Joey Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 5:00 PM
Alex you are probably one of those people that voted labour in the first place and then decided to un-vote labour am I correct?luke Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 4:56 PM
Well dumb boy steve, easy fixed just you stop voting for Juliar/Labor.Alex Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 4:27 PM
I'm so sick of seeing her talk... WHY WHY WHY AUSTRALIA!!
Why have we let this pathetic politician guide our country to a drain hole.Wise Man Steve Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 10:25 AM