- US voices "deep concerns" to Russia
- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Angela Coombes on Being a smarter, not a faster country? Well, while ever we have the large number of people on the dole and undeserved so called 'disability' pensions, this country ... more
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
God versus atheism: the TV debate
The vast majority of people believe in a religious interpretation of life, but what happens when George Pell was placed up against atheist Richard Dawkins. George & Paul look at the recent atheist debate on TV's Q&A.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Q&A Is there a God?Can an Atheist go to heaven?Paul, New Test. 2Cor12:2 talks of 3 heavens, describes them as 'degrees of glory" in 1Cor 15:39-41. So people according to their works,can inherit either a Celestial (the Sun),Terrestial, (the moon) and the stars( Telestial)
etc heaven .Christ said in His Fathers House'are many mansions.'He is expecting a lot of people,it seems.So, a good living Atheist can do Heaven,but not necessarilly the one in which God dwells, which would be the Celestial,the highest degree.
After all, God is a God of love,
Because the Saviour attoned (paid) for our sins,he bought us entry into any kingdom,depending on our righteousness.
And God, the biblecontains many scriptures which indicate that God is a person,and Christ is a person both with bodies .
We were made in their image.Gen.1:27
2Cor 4:4 Acts 7:56 for example.
Christ is the only begotten of the Father John 3:16.We all learned that to conceive a baby, there has to be 46 chromosomes,23 from each parent,Mary,Jesus' mother had 23,God the Father had the other 23.What is amazing is that Jesus inherited 'eternal life'from his Fathers genes.
Its a shame Richard Dawkins couldn't have figured that out, and taught it to us Christians.
Regards,Janice ConlonJanice Conlon Sunday 15 April, 2012 - 9:21 PM
Atheists do not believe in Truth. Without Truth you have nothing. I note that pathological liar Julia Gillard is a convenient atheist too! The Ten Commandments are from GOD for all HIS chosen people. Everyone is called but few are chosen by +JESUSâ?¦the Alternative is Eternal Damnation. HELL. Better to believe, than not to believe, if there is no GOD what have you lost? Rather than not believe and risk Eternal Damnation-HELL. Why is it that so many Atheists strongly resent and criticize peaceful, good living decent +Christians?? Who hate Abortion and are pro-life and love life, unlike atheists! Without Christianity the successful, relatively peaceful Western Civilization would not exist today! Why do you think so many moslems are jumping borders to get here for? The likes of a million of the evil-minded Richard Dorkinsâ??s around the place who are destroying Souls, are not worthy of one Cardinal George Pell who is the antithesis of and is saving millions of Souls. This is just plain common sense, you are chosen by God, please do not just turn your back on God. The horrible alternative is Eternal Damnation- HELL. Happy Easter All...Thank You JESUS, The Alpha & the Omega..AMEN.Magdalena Sunday 15 April, 2012 - 12:18 AM
The message of Jesus Christ is Love. Love is not a fairy tale but affects each one of us every day. The message is the proof. It has lived on and been a positive force in this world we live in. No one even comes close to the influence Jesus has had on the human race. 'Love one another' is his message, then and now!Christine Saturday 14 April, 2012 - 9:33 PM
It takes more faith to be an atheist. But to be sure, just ask Jesus.John A Saturday 14 April, 2012 - 9:27 PM
I have blood type A rh+ the rhesus factor therefore I can prove that I and 31% of Australians with the same blood type evolved from monkeys and apes, not from some ficticious entity!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Saturday 14 April, 2012 - 5:40 PM