- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Greenslip increase of around $50
The State Government says it can't prevent a 10% increase in our Greenslip premiums for car owners this year. It has been revealed that insurers are planning to charge about $50 more for the average policy.
Finance Minister Greg Pearce tells Paul Murray he's planning reforms, to avoid further increases.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Michael Clarke admits the Australian team wanted to play-on in the rain, when the 4th One-Dayer against Sri Lanka was controversially washed out at the SCG. Paul Murray questions the umpire's decision.
Free speech may be at risk over changes to anti-discrimination laws according to many critics, particularly Paul Sheehan of SMH. Paul Murray speaks with him about abuse, hurt feeling and freedom of speech.
I have 5 cars of which my wife and I can only ever move 2 at a time. Why do I need to buy greenslips for all of them? The cheapest greenslip for my lnadcruiser is already $746. This increase will result in over $300 more onto a bill of more than $3000 (just for the greenslips) per year.
Surely it is not just me who says that there is somehting wrong here?Ben Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 3:09 PM
I feel the Insurance companies need to better manage the massive funds they receive from motorists for green slips. I trust too payouts need an overhaul as I believe they tend to throw money at many claims like confetti. A tightening up of policy and smarter management is needed by these boofheads.Sandra M Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 8:27 AM
Yes, that's the way O'Farrell in the best of liberal party tradition - keep on slugging the poor damned motorist. I note many people are already unable to afford comprehensive insurance on their vehicles and all this $50 impost will do is cause more uninsured and possibly more unregistered vehicles on our roads.Samuel Kyrikos Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:33 PM