- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
Greer's pot shot at PM's posterior
Iconic Feminist Germaine Greer has caused controversy, by criticising Prime Minister Julia Gillard, not for her policies, but for her dress sense. Speaking on ABC TV, she slammed the PM's recent choice of outfits.
Two Murrays speak with Editor of In Style Magazine Kerrie McCallum about dressing the Prime Minister and her sense of fashion. Would more autumnal colours suit her?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@Peter B, why do you ask me to keep my views to myself while you continue your abuses of others? Is it because you don't have any answer? Or is it because you don't like our Aussie way? If you don't then you are free to leave.Terrence Friday 23 March, 2012 - 1:19 AM
Most Ausrralians despise most things about Ju-Liar the Pariah to Australia, People like Terrence should keep their own misguided views and Love for this Liar of a PM to themselves. Sane people have no time for this Arrogant woman who is Australia's PM. Have you got your spelling checker on Terrence you puny brained Goon. Tony Abbott for Australias next PM, for sure.Peter B Thursday 22 March, 2012 - 11:11 AM
@Concerned mother, I think Australians share your concern at this double-standard. I must observe though, that the LieBerals crticism of Gillard is now reduced to her voice and dress matters only. What intellectual bludgers these people are that they can't conduct solid opposition based on policies and arguments, but have to resort to comments on dress and voice, and hurl abuses and lies with an abundance of spelling mistakes!Terrence Wednesday 21 March, 2012 - 11:40 PM
Having just had a discussion with my young, teenage daughter regarding a friendâ??s serious anorexia issues, it concerns me to read the messages being posted. As a society we have it all wrong - the comments Germaine Greer made, which the audience thought were hysterically funny, were to me astonishingly demeaning. Itâ??s not WHAT was said - itâ??s HOW it was said. No, I don't like Julia and the way she disrespects the Australian people either - BUT - I respect her right to be who she is and dress the way she feels comfortable. If we donâ??t like it, we can let her know at the ballot box. Letâ??s â??play the ball and not the personâ??. We don't need a 'fashionista' - we need a good Prime Minister. I'm ashamed to be a part of the society that has created this 'you have to look beautiful' vision for our girls (and boys) - they are saturated with it and itâ??s causing serious problems. Nelson Mandella wrote in his autobiography: â??I defeated my opponents without dishonouring themâ?? - please, letâ??s do the same.Concerned Mother Wednesday 21 March, 2012 - 3:46 PM
Well the only 'controversy' that the feminazi so called Doctor Germaine Greer would have caused by criticizing Madame Jul-liar Gillard's dress sense would be within the Gillard camp - certainly not with the real most important people, such as the rorted Australian voters! We all enjoin with Madame Greer in her well justified criticism of Madame Jul-liar, she being the worst temporary prime minister in Australia's history thus far!Justin J Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 9:30 PM
If it is OK to critisise a male politician , then why not a female !!!
The PM was desperate to get this position , so , she should take what comes along !
Germaine said out loud what a lot of females say behind closed doors re PM ' s physical appearance & attire !
Perhaps it would be a good idea to get a new Fashion Consultant in ( hopefully NOT on Taxpayers money ) !!!!sonja silic Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 7:47 PM