- Ian Roberts: the effects of concussion
- Search for mystery flight MH370
- Mark Bosnich on his career at the net
- Hotseat: OK to profit off WWI?
- Aussies to zap space junk with lasers?
- Vivid Sydney set to be biggest yet!
- Making TV soapies in a war zone?
- Buy local: vote with your wallet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Greer's pot shot at PM's posterior
Iconic Feminist Germaine Greer has caused controversy, by criticising Prime Minister Julia Gillard, not for her policies, but for her dress sense. Speaking on ABC TV, she slammed the PM's recent choice of outfits.
Two Murrays speak with Editor of In Style Magazine Kerrie McCallum about dressing the Prime Minister and her sense of fashion. Would more autumnal colours suit her?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@Peter B, why do you ask me to keep my views to myself while you continue your abuses of others? Is it because you don't have any answer? Or is it because you don't like our Aussie way? If you don't then you are free to leave.Terrence Friday 23 March, 2012 - 1:19 AM
Most Ausrralians despise most things about Ju-Liar the Pariah to Australia, People like Terrence should keep their own misguided views and Love for this Liar of a PM to themselves. Sane people have no time for this Arrogant woman who is Australia's PM. Have you got your spelling checker on Terrence you puny brained Goon. Tony Abbott for Australias next PM, for sure.Peter B Thursday 22 March, 2012 - 11:11 AM
@Concerned mother, I think Australians share your concern at this double-standard. I must observe though, that the LieBerals crticism of Gillard is now reduced to her voice and dress matters only. What intellectual bludgers these people are that they can't conduct solid opposition based on policies and arguments, but have to resort to comments on dress and voice, and hurl abuses and lies with an abundance of spelling mistakes!Terrence Wednesday 21 March, 2012 - 11:40 PM
Having just had a discussion with my young, teenage daughter regarding a friendâ??s serious anorexia issues, it concerns me to read the messages being posted. As a society we have it all wrong - the comments Germaine Greer made, which the audience thought were hysterically funny, were to me astonishingly demeaning. Itâ??s not WHAT was said - itâ??s HOW it was said. No, I don't like Julia and the way she disrespects the Australian people either - BUT - I respect her right to be who she is and dress the way she feels comfortable. If we donâ??t like it, we can let her know at the ballot box. Letâ??s â??play the ball and not the personâ??. We don't need a 'fashionista' - we need a good Prime Minister. I'm ashamed to be a part of the society that has created this 'you have to look beautiful' vision for our girls (and boys) - they are saturated with it and itâ??s causing serious problems. Nelson Mandella wrote in his autobiography: â??I defeated my opponents without dishonouring themâ?? - please, letâ??s do the same.Concerned Mother Wednesday 21 March, 2012 - 3:46 PM
Well the only 'controversy' that the feminazi so called Doctor Germaine Greer would have caused by criticizing Madame Jul-liar Gillard's dress sense would be within the Gillard camp - certainly not with the real most important people, such as the rorted Australian voters! We all enjoin with Madame Greer in her well justified criticism of Madame Jul-liar, she being the worst temporary prime minister in Australia's history thus far!Justin J Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 9:30 PM
If it is OK to critisise a male politician , then why not a female !!!
The PM was desperate to get this position , so , she should take what comes along !
Germaine said out loud what a lot of females say behind closed doors re PM ' s physical appearance & attire !
Perhaps it would be a good idea to get a new Fashion Consultant in ( hopefully NOT on Taxpayers money ) !!!!sonja silic Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 7:47 PM