- State's top silk before the ICAC
- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Heatwave: Sydney tops 42 degrees
Sydney residents are warned to stay hydrated, as sweltering temperatures of up to 43 degrees hit the city.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons has told Stuart Bocking they're already under the pump.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
As NSW braces for the worst fire danger day in the state's history, people are being urged to leave campsites and evacuate homes in areas most at risk.
A total fire ban will be in place across NSW as the state experiences severe, extreme and catastrophic fire conditions.
With temperatures set to soar to 43 degrees in Sydney - we're being encouraged to do everything we can to keep cool.
A health alert has been issued for today's hot weather, with those without air conditioning encouraged to visit shopping centres and movie theatres.
Acting Commission of the NSW Ambulance Service Mike Willis has a few tips with Stuart Bocking on how to tackle the pressure cooker heat today.
Thousands of volunteer firefighters are being briefed on conditions in their local areas this morning - as we face one of the worst bushfire-dangers in the state's history.
A total fire ban is in force state-wide, with temperatures forecast to reach well into the 40s.
Conditions have been declared "catastrophic" in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, and Southern Ranges - where strong winds are predicted, and there's a build-up of fuel.
National Parks have been closed with people in camp grounds urged to leave.
Police are also set to monitor known arsonists - in a bid to prevent any fires being deliberately lit in today's conditions.
Undercover officers will use a comprehensive intelligence file to mount a major suveillance operation.
Premier Barry O'Farrel says anyone caught lighting fires will have the book thrown at them.
With these soaring temperatures on the forecast - Sydney beaches are expected to be packed today.
Lifeguards are appealing with swimmers to stay safe and keep in patrolled areas.
Dean Storey from Surf Lifesaving New South Wales says it's going to be busy and they don't want to be dealing with people suffering heat stroke.
@Juliarr posting here- I am not so sure the real Jul-liar was right that this 43 degree heat is global warming. Ordinarily, she would blame Mr Abbott! Tch Tch!Bill T Abrahams Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:41 AM
Labor hack, 2UE's John Stanley was right about global warming today and tomorrow. Well done John & 2UE.Jesmond Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:41 PM
Liar Juliarrr was right this is global warming...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:31 PM