- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Heatwave: Sydney tops 42 degrees
Sydney residents are warned to stay hydrated, as sweltering temperatures of up to 43 degrees hit the city.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons has told Stuart Bocking they're already under the pump.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
As NSW braces for the worst fire danger day in the state's history, people are being urged to leave campsites and evacuate homes in areas most at risk.
A total fire ban will be in place across NSW as the state experiences severe, extreme and catastrophic fire conditions.
With temperatures set to soar to 43 degrees in Sydney - we're being encouraged to do everything we can to keep cool.
A health alert has been issued for today's hot weather, with those without air conditioning encouraged to visit shopping centres and movie theatres.
Acting Commission of the NSW Ambulance Service Mike Willis has a few tips with Stuart Bocking on how to tackle the pressure cooker heat today.
Thousands of volunteer firefighters are being briefed on conditions in their local areas this morning - as we face one of the worst bushfire-dangers in the state's history.
A total fire ban is in force state-wide, with temperatures forecast to reach well into the 40s.
Conditions have been declared "catastrophic" in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, and Southern Ranges - where strong winds are predicted, and there's a build-up of fuel.
National Parks have been closed with people in camp grounds urged to leave.
Police are also set to monitor known arsonists - in a bid to prevent any fires being deliberately lit in today's conditions.
Undercover officers will use a comprehensive intelligence file to mount a major suveillance operation.
Premier Barry O'Farrel says anyone caught lighting fires will have the book thrown at them.
With these soaring temperatures on the forecast - Sydney beaches are expected to be packed today.
Lifeguards are appealing with swimmers to stay safe and keep in patrolled areas.
Dean Storey from Surf Lifesaving New South Wales says it's going to be busy and they don't want to be dealing with people suffering heat stroke.
@Juliarr posting here- I am not so sure the real Jul-liar was right that this 43 degree heat is global warming. Ordinarily, she would blame Mr Abbott! Tch Tch!Bill T Abrahams Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:41 AM
Labor hack, 2UE's John Stanley was right about global warming today and tomorrow. Well done John & 2UE.Jesmond Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:41 PM
Liar Juliarrr was right this is global warming...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:31 PM