- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Heatwave: Sydney tops 42 degrees
Sydney residents are warned to stay hydrated, as sweltering temperatures of up to 43 degrees hit the city.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons has told Stuart Bocking they're already under the pump.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
As NSW braces for the worst fire danger day in the state's history, people are being urged to leave campsites and evacuate homes in areas most at risk.
A total fire ban will be in place across NSW as the state experiences severe, extreme and catastrophic fire conditions.
With temperatures set to soar to 43 degrees in Sydney - we're being encouraged to do everything we can to keep cool.
A health alert has been issued for today's hot weather, with those without air conditioning encouraged to visit shopping centres and movie theatres.
Acting Commission of the NSW Ambulance Service Mike Willis has a few tips with Stuart Bocking on how to tackle the pressure cooker heat today.
Thousands of volunteer firefighters are being briefed on conditions in their local areas this morning - as we face one of the worst bushfire-dangers in the state's history.
A total fire ban is in force state-wide, with temperatures forecast to reach well into the 40s.
Conditions have been declared "catastrophic" in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, and Southern Ranges - where strong winds are predicted, and there's a build-up of fuel.
National Parks have been closed with people in camp grounds urged to leave.
Police are also set to monitor known arsonists - in a bid to prevent any fires being deliberately lit in today's conditions.
Undercover officers will use a comprehensive intelligence file to mount a major suveillance operation.
Premier Barry O'Farrel says anyone caught lighting fires will have the book thrown at them.
With these soaring temperatures on the forecast - Sydney beaches are expected to be packed today.
Lifeguards are appealing with swimmers to stay safe and keep in patrolled areas.
Dean Storey from Surf Lifesaving New South Wales says it's going to be busy and they don't want to be dealing with people suffering heat stroke.
@Juliarr posting here- I am not so sure the real Jul-liar was right that this 43 degree heat is global warming. Ordinarily, she would blame Mr Abbott! Tch Tch!Bill T Abrahams Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:41 AM
Labor hack, 2UE's John Stanley was right about global warming today and tomorrow. Well done John & 2UE.Jesmond Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:41 PM
Liar Juliarrr was right this is global warming...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:31 PM