- War looming in the Middle East
- My religion needs fixing?
- Extremists the enemy of Islam
- Drug action in female prisons
- Bali arrest may affect Corby bail
- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
Heatwave: Sydney tops 42 degrees
Sydney residents are warned to stay hydrated, as sweltering temperatures of up to 43 degrees hit the city.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons has told Stuart Bocking they're already under the pump.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
As NSW braces for the worst fire danger day in the state's history, people are being urged to leave campsites and evacuate homes in areas most at risk.
A total fire ban will be in place across NSW as the state experiences severe, extreme and catastrophic fire conditions.
With temperatures set to soar to 43 degrees in Sydney - we're being encouraged to do everything we can to keep cool.
A health alert has been issued for today's hot weather, with those without air conditioning encouraged to visit shopping centres and movie theatres.
Acting Commission of the NSW Ambulance Service Mike Willis has a few tips with Stuart Bocking on how to tackle the pressure cooker heat today.
Thousands of volunteer firefighters are being briefed on conditions in their local areas this morning - as we face one of the worst bushfire-dangers in the state's history.
A total fire ban is in force state-wide, with temperatures forecast to reach well into the 40s.
Conditions have been declared "catastrophic" in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, and Southern Ranges - where strong winds are predicted, and there's a build-up of fuel.
National Parks have been closed with people in camp grounds urged to leave.
Police are also set to monitor known arsonists - in a bid to prevent any fires being deliberately lit in today's conditions.
Undercover officers will use a comprehensive intelligence file to mount a major suveillance operation.
Premier Barry O'Farrel says anyone caught lighting fires will have the book thrown at them.
With these soaring temperatures on the forecast - Sydney beaches are expected to be packed today.
Lifeguards are appealing with swimmers to stay safe and keep in patrolled areas.
Dean Storey from Surf Lifesaving New South Wales says it's going to be busy and they don't want to be dealing with people suffering heat stroke.
@Juliarr posting here- I am not so sure the real Jul-liar was right that this 43 degree heat is global warming. Ordinarily, she would blame Mr Abbott! Tch Tch!Bill T Abrahams Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:41 AM
Labor hack, 2UE's John Stanley was right about global warming today and tomorrow. Well done John & 2UE.Jesmond Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:41 PM
Liar Juliarrr was right this is global warming...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:31 PM