- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Heatwave: Sydney tops 42 degrees
Sydney residents are warned to stay hydrated, as sweltering temperatures of up to 43 degrees hit the city.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons has told Stuart Bocking they're already under the pump.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
As NSW braces for the worst fire danger day in the state's history, people are being urged to leave campsites and evacuate homes in areas most at risk.
A total fire ban will be in place across NSW as the state experiences severe, extreme and catastrophic fire conditions.
With temperatures set to soar to 43 degrees in Sydney - we're being encouraged to do everything we can to keep cool.
A health alert has been issued for today's hot weather, with those without air conditioning encouraged to visit shopping centres and movie theatres.
Acting Commission of the NSW Ambulance Service Mike Willis has a few tips with Stuart Bocking on how to tackle the pressure cooker heat today.
Thousands of volunteer firefighters are being briefed on conditions in their local areas this morning - as we face one of the worst bushfire-dangers in the state's history.
A total fire ban is in force state-wide, with temperatures forecast to reach well into the 40s.
Conditions have been declared "catastrophic" in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, and Southern Ranges - where strong winds are predicted, and there's a build-up of fuel.
National Parks have been closed with people in camp grounds urged to leave.
Police are also set to monitor known arsonists - in a bid to prevent any fires being deliberately lit in today's conditions.
Undercover officers will use a comprehensive intelligence file to mount a major suveillance operation.
Premier Barry O'Farrel says anyone caught lighting fires will have the book thrown at them.
With these soaring temperatures on the forecast - Sydney beaches are expected to be packed today.
Lifeguards are appealing with swimmers to stay safe and keep in patrolled areas.
Dean Storey from Surf Lifesaving New South Wales says it's going to be busy and they don't want to be dealing with people suffering heat stroke.
@Juliarr posting here- I am not so sure the real Jul-liar was right that this 43 degree heat is global warming. Ordinarily, she would blame Mr Abbott! Tch Tch!Bill T Abrahams Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:41 AM
Labor hack, 2UE's John Stanley was right about global warming today and tomorrow. Well done John & 2UE.Jesmond Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:41 PM
Liar Juliarrr was right this is global warming...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:31 PM