- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Heatwave: Sydney tops 42 degrees
Sydney residents are warned to stay hydrated, as sweltering temperatures of up to 43 degrees hit the city.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons has told Stuart Bocking they're already under the pump.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
As NSW braces for the worst fire danger day in the state's history, people are being urged to leave campsites and evacuate homes in areas most at risk.
A total fire ban will be in place across NSW as the state experiences severe, extreme and catastrophic fire conditions.
With temperatures set to soar to 43 degrees in Sydney - we're being encouraged to do everything we can to keep cool.
A health alert has been issued for today's hot weather, with those without air conditioning encouraged to visit shopping centres and movie theatres.
Acting Commission of the NSW Ambulance Service Mike Willis has a few tips with Stuart Bocking on how to tackle the pressure cooker heat today.
Thousands of volunteer firefighters are being briefed on conditions in their local areas this morning - as we face one of the worst bushfire-dangers in the state's history.
A total fire ban is in force state-wide, with temperatures forecast to reach well into the 40s.
Conditions have been declared "catastrophic" in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, and Southern Ranges - where strong winds are predicted, and there's a build-up of fuel.
National Parks have been closed with people in camp grounds urged to leave.
Police are also set to monitor known arsonists - in a bid to prevent any fires being deliberately lit in today's conditions.
Undercover officers will use a comprehensive intelligence file to mount a major suveillance operation.
Premier Barry O'Farrel says anyone caught lighting fires will have the book thrown at them.
With these soaring temperatures on the forecast - Sydney beaches are expected to be packed today.
Lifeguards are appealing with swimmers to stay safe and keep in patrolled areas.
Dean Storey from Surf Lifesaving New South Wales says it's going to be busy and they don't want to be dealing with people suffering heat stroke.
@Juliarr posting here- I am not so sure the real Jul-liar was right that this 43 degree heat is global warming. Ordinarily, she would blame Mr Abbott! Tch Tch!Bill T Abrahams Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:41 AM
Labor hack, 2UE's John Stanley was right about global warming today and tomorrow. Well done John & 2UE.Jesmond Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:41 PM
Liar Juliarrr was right this is global warming...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:31 PM