- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- Court delay on Roger Rogerson case
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Hockey on Labor surplus promises
Joe Hockey says it's becoming clearer the Government is preparing to scrap its promise to bring the budget back to surplus this financial year.
Federal Treasury is reported to have advised the Government that it's push to bring the budget back in the black will actually weaken the economy.
The Shadow Treasurer has told Stuart Bocking it's a strategic leak designed to soften the blow.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The question What Is Permeate was one of Australia's most Googled inquiries this year. But it was the Korean pop act Psy's Gangnam Style that was the nation's highest-trending search term on Google.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is pushing ahead with plans to contest the Federal election, despite being holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy. He says plans to run for a senate seat are 'significantly advanced.'
Hi Terrence, honest John Howard, Liberal had fine tuned Australia humming, prospering "relaxed and com-for-table"...obviously unlike sabotaging, dishonest lying nerve-racking Labor. All your grovelling failed bankrupt "western countries" are printing money 24/7 like there is no tomorrow and are obviously after more cash $$$donations from stupid Australia-Juliar-Labor. Terrence, what do you really want for Australia?? No answer needed, I already know, it is quite obvious!!MERRY CHRISTMAS Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:39 PM
@Terrence with your usual foolhardy posting here - Mr John Howard was a PM with outstanding skill and ability! He managed the National government here with strict accountability and indeed financial responsibility of taxpayer funds. The dole bludgers still got their weekly pay drop/grog money and the economy was in excellent condition with a $22 Billion surplus when it went to Rudd then Gillard - the worst labor party government since Federation in 1901. It is well documented and there for all to see. Wake up boofhead Terrence!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM
Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after going through some of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Regardless, I'm certainly pleased I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back often!make money with internet Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 4:33 PM
The OECD do not agreemick Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:28 AM
@Howard did not give anything from his pocket. Those who were around would remember how massively he cut all services. And then when it came to election time, he started pork barelling but didn't succeed.
All the western countries admit that the way we tackled the GFC was extremely effective. If it was simply about spending money we would have seen a few other successes like ours, because other western countries spend money too but Austrlia had a very detailed plan and we implemented it effectively.Terrence Friday 14 December, 2012 - 10:46 PM
Peter, yes we sold assets and put some $4,000 each away in the bank 'for a rainy day'. You seem to be oblivious to the fact that, economically speaking, it has been pissing down since late 2008. Now we might owe about $11k each, hardly a HUGE debt given that we have been able to preserve a high level of employment, a great standard f living, property prices have held up as has our share market. We are doing very well.James W Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM