- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Honeymoon over for Barry O'Farrell?
The honey-moon period appears over for Premier Barry O'Farrell, with a huge dip in the latest polls. Jason Morrison on the Newspoll that shows his satisfaction rating has fallen 11 points to just 37% in three months.
He's also dropped nine points to 47% as preferred premier, with Opposition Leader John Robertson improving from 14 to 18%.
But the Coalition would still romp to victory if an election was held today, leading Labor 61% to 39% two-party preferred.
Are they not getting on with the job they were given?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The state government will send some rail staff to radio school to improve announcements at train stations. Federal Disability Discrimination Commissioner Graeme Innes tells John Stanley more needs to be done.
2UE VIDEO: Two of Australia's most loved female artists perform some of our best classical, folk, jazz and pop songs. Katie Noonan & Karin Schaupp perform live for 2UE a much loved Cold Chisel classic.
I have just sent the following question to Barry O'Farrell and to Mike Gallacher ..... stand by for their reply:
The NSW Government has tasked the FRNSW Commissioner with reducing expenditure by 1.2% from a budget of around $614 Million.. however the savings all must come from labour costs i.e. fire fighter wages. This is a directive that goes across most State Government departments. However in the case of Fire and Rescue NSW [previously NSWFB] funding is not the sole responsibility of the government.
In fact NSW Govt pays only 14.6 % of the budget [around $85.96Million p.a.] So while the Commissioner has been tasked with making savings of around $64 Million over 4 yrs the actual reduction required to save 1.2% for the Government from it's own contributions would need only be $1,031,520 p.a.not $16 Million p.a. ... This is increasing the savings by more than fifteen fold ......sorry about all the maths.
Why do you insist on cutting not only the NSW Government contribution but making the cuts across all contributors?Jeff Sundstrom Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Recently I was in a Merrylands street and had the pleasure of talking to a very talented, highly respected, patriotic Australian, the local Liberal Granville Member Mr. (Tony) Antoine ISSA, O.A.M. M.P.
N.S.W. Premier Barry O'Farrell clearly needs experienced hands on energetic can-do ministers who know exactly what they are doing. Caring family minded God fearing honest people who will get the job done properly, only with attention to detail! I would politely suggest that N.S.W. Premier O'Farrell needs to quickly appoint Tony Issa to a ministerial portfolio which would immediately improve his government! Furthermore, I would like to see Tony Abbott enlist Tony Issa into his team to assist in the resurrection of a dying, problematic immoral Australia. Sensible, plain common sense; Tony Issa knows the problems and he knows how to repair these damning problems for Australia. Tony Issa would also make a very fine minister in a Liberal-Tony Abbott Australian Federal Government.Veronica M. Tuesday 28 August, 2012 - 11:45 AM