- Let Australians go fight for ISIL?
- Red flag: anti-terror raids a warning?
- Agenda set for upcoming G20
- Manly's drunk revellers targetted
- Are you a collector or hoarder?
- Raids to stop beheading in Sydney
- Raise in terror level justified?
- Fun police end muck up day?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Honeymoon over for Barry O'Farrell?
The honey-moon period appears over for Premier Barry O'Farrell, with a huge dip in the latest polls. Jason Morrison on the Newspoll that shows his satisfaction rating has fallen 11 points to just 37% in three months.
He's also dropped nine points to 47% as preferred premier, with Opposition Leader John Robertson improving from 14 to 18%.
But the Coalition would still romp to victory if an election was held today, leading Labor 61% to 39% two-party preferred.
Are they not getting on with the job they were given?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The state government will send some rail staff to radio school to improve announcements at train stations. Federal Disability Discrimination Commissioner Graeme Innes tells John Stanley more needs to be done.
2UE VIDEO: Two of Australia's most loved female artists perform some of our best classical, folk, jazz and pop songs. Katie Noonan & Karin Schaupp perform live for 2UE a much loved Cold Chisel classic.
I have just sent the following question to Barry O'Farrell and to Mike Gallacher ..... stand by for their reply:
The NSW Government has tasked the FRNSW Commissioner with reducing expenditure by 1.2% from a budget of around $614 Million.. however the savings all must come from labour costs i.e. fire fighter wages. This is a directive that goes across most State Government departments. However in the case of Fire and Rescue NSW [previously NSWFB] funding is not the sole responsibility of the government.
In fact NSW Govt pays only 14.6 % of the budget [around $85.96Million p.a.] So while the Commissioner has been tasked with making savings of around $64 Million over 4 yrs the actual reduction required to save 1.2% for the Government from it's own contributions would need only be $1,031,520 p.a.not $16 Million p.a. ... This is increasing the savings by more than fifteen fold ......sorry about all the maths.
Why do you insist on cutting not only the NSW Government contribution but making the cuts across all contributors?Jeff Sundstrom Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Recently I was in a Merrylands street and had the pleasure of talking to a very talented, highly respected, patriotic Australian, the local Liberal Granville Member Mr. (Tony) Antoine ISSA, O.A.M. M.P.
N.S.W. Premier Barry O'Farrell clearly needs experienced hands on energetic can-do ministers who know exactly what they are doing. Caring family minded God fearing honest people who will get the job done properly, only with attention to detail! I would politely suggest that N.S.W. Premier O'Farrell needs to quickly appoint Tony Issa to a ministerial portfolio which would immediately improve his government! Furthermore, I would like to see Tony Abbott enlist Tony Issa into his team to assist in the resurrection of a dying, problematic immoral Australia. Sensible, plain common sense; Tony Issa knows the problems and he knows how to repair these damning problems for Australia. Tony Issa would also make a very fine minister in a Liberal-Tony Abbott Australian Federal Government.Veronica M. Tuesday 28 August, 2012 - 11:45 AM