- Countdown trial for pedestrians
- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Honeymoon over for Barry O'Farrell?
The honey-moon period appears over for Premier Barry O'Farrell, with a huge dip in the latest polls. Jason Morrison on the Newspoll that shows his satisfaction rating has fallen 11 points to just 37% in three months.
He's also dropped nine points to 47% as preferred premier, with Opposition Leader John Robertson improving from 14 to 18%.
But the Coalition would still romp to victory if an election was held today, leading Labor 61% to 39% two-party preferred.
Are they not getting on with the job they were given?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The state government will send some rail staff to radio school to improve announcements at train stations. Federal Disability Discrimination Commissioner Graeme Innes tells John Stanley more needs to be done.
2UE VIDEO: Two of Australia's most loved female artists perform some of our best classical, folk, jazz and pop songs. Katie Noonan & Karin Schaupp perform live for 2UE a much loved Cold Chisel classic.
I have just sent the following question to Barry O'Farrell and to Mike Gallacher ..... stand by for their reply:
The NSW Government has tasked the FRNSW Commissioner with reducing expenditure by 1.2% from a budget of around $614 Million.. however the savings all must come from labour costs i.e. fire fighter wages. This is a directive that goes across most State Government departments. However in the case of Fire and Rescue NSW [previously NSWFB] funding is not the sole responsibility of the government.
In fact NSW Govt pays only 14.6 % of the budget [around $85.96Million p.a.] So while the Commissioner has been tasked with making savings of around $64 Million over 4 yrs the actual reduction required to save 1.2% for the Government from it's own contributions would need only be $1,031,520 p.a.not $16 Million p.a. ... This is increasing the savings by more than fifteen fold ......sorry about all the maths.
Why do you insist on cutting not only the NSW Government contribution but making the cuts across all contributors?Jeff Sundstrom Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Recently I was in a Merrylands street and had the pleasure of talking to a very talented, highly respected, patriotic Australian, the local Liberal Granville Member Mr. (Tony) Antoine ISSA, O.A.M. M.P.
N.S.W. Premier Barry O'Farrell clearly needs experienced hands on energetic can-do ministers who know exactly what they are doing. Caring family minded God fearing honest people who will get the job done properly, only with attention to detail! I would politely suggest that N.S.W. Premier O'Farrell needs to quickly appoint Tony Issa to a ministerial portfolio which would immediately improve his government! Furthermore, I would like to see Tony Abbott enlist Tony Issa into his team to assist in the resurrection of a dying, problematic immoral Australia. Sensible, plain common sense; Tony Issa knows the problems and he knows how to repair these damning problems for Australia. Tony Issa would also make a very fine minister in a Liberal-Tony Abbott Australian Federal Government.Veronica M. Tuesday 28 August, 2012 - 11:45 AM