- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Horror of patrolling asylum detainees
Jason Morrison reveals the reality within our detention centres. The story of staff member Andy, doused in hot water and wounded during a riot. Charges were acquitted, and the asylum seeker treated for injuries first.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Morrison is trying to influence a matter using the actions of certain individuals, rather than the principle on the broader question of refugees and our obligations as members of the international community.
Even if what he says is true, and there is some doubt about that because of Morrison's liberty with the truth in the past, but even then, it should not be a reason to renege on our obligations.
The perpetrators of civil disorder should be dealt with under the law, if necessary legislation should be introduced for harsher penalties.
Morrison must be having a hard time finding stories.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 11:03 AM
James W, guess who makes and has the ability and authority to change the law. Also, there is a procedure in place to process legal asylum seekers before entering Australia. These people are attempting to circumvent the system by entering illegally, then claiming asylum (justified or not) after their arrival; using our facilities to do so and at our expense. In fact, even some of the unsuccessful ones have been returned to their countries at our expense and with a nice little nest-egg paid for by us.David T. Friday 17 February, 2012 - 2:08 PM
If they want effective policing of these facilities why not employe some of the people that these people are putting out of work. I am sure there will be hundreds of potential takers only too willing to keep them in line.
Stop farting around and pull this scum into line the old fashion way!Peter Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:27 PM
To ALL you Green/Labor , Independents , Bleeding Hearts , Refugees' Advocates , Amnesty & UN Representatives etc. etc. :
WHAT GOES ROUND COMES AROUND !
It is called " KARMA " !!!!
One day you and your families will pay dearly for the suffering and dammage you are causing to some innocent Australian Families !!!
You EVIL , EVIL PEOPLE !!!
Even HELL is too good for you to be in !!!!sonja silic Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:14 AM
Years ago when they burnt Port Hedland down and were throwing sewrage at the guards no one was charged, it`s because we`re putting them through too much stressJohn A Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 9:58 PM
Send them bloody back!! Is that the sort of people we want in our country, to be called fellow Austalian's? Hell no. I'm all for multiculturalism, but that's bull****Lexi Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 7:04 PM