- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- Court delay on Roger Rogerson case
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Horror of patrolling asylum detainees
Jason Morrison reveals the reality within our detention centres. The story of staff member Andy, doused in hot water and wounded during a riot. Charges were acquitted, and the asylum seeker treated for injuries first.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Morrison is trying to influence a matter using the actions of certain individuals, rather than the principle on the broader question of refugees and our obligations as members of the international community.
Even if what he says is true, and there is some doubt about that because of Morrison's liberty with the truth in the past, but even then, it should not be a reason to renege on our obligations.
The perpetrators of civil disorder should be dealt with under the law, if necessary legislation should be introduced for harsher penalties.
Morrison must be having a hard time finding stories.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 11:03 AM
James W, guess who makes and has the ability and authority to change the law. Also, there is a procedure in place to process legal asylum seekers before entering Australia. These people are attempting to circumvent the system by entering illegally, then claiming asylum (justified or not) after their arrival; using our facilities to do so and at our expense. In fact, even some of the unsuccessful ones have been returned to their countries at our expense and with a nice little nest-egg paid for by us.David T. Friday 17 February, 2012 - 2:08 PM
If they want effective policing of these facilities why not employe some of the people that these people are putting out of work. I am sure there will be hundreds of potential takers only too willing to keep them in line.
Stop farting around and pull this scum into line the old fashion way!Peter Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:27 PM
To ALL you Green/Labor , Independents , Bleeding Hearts , Refugees' Advocates , Amnesty & UN Representatives etc. etc. :
WHAT GOES ROUND COMES AROUND !
It is called " KARMA " !!!!
One day you and your families will pay dearly for the suffering and dammage you are causing to some innocent Australian Families !!!
You EVIL , EVIL PEOPLE !!!
Even HELL is too good for you to be in !!!!sonja silic Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:14 AM
Years ago when they burnt Port Hedland down and were throwing sewrage at the guards no one was charged, it`s because we`re putting them through too much stressJohn A Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 9:58 PM
Send them bloody back!! Is that the sort of people we want in our country, to be called fellow Austalian's? Hell no. I'm all for multiculturalism, but that's bull****Lexi Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 7:04 PM