- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
Horror of patrolling asylum detainees
Jason Morrison reveals the reality within our detention centres. The story of staff member Andy, doused in hot water and wounded during a riot. Charges were acquitted, and the asylum seeker treated for injuries first.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Morrison is trying to influence a matter using the actions of certain individuals, rather than the principle on the broader question of refugees and our obligations as members of the international community.
Even if what he says is true, and there is some doubt about that because of Morrison's liberty with the truth in the past, but even then, it should not be a reason to renege on our obligations.
The perpetrators of civil disorder should be dealt with under the law, if necessary legislation should be introduced for harsher penalties.
Morrison must be having a hard time finding stories.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 11:03 AM
James W, guess who makes and has the ability and authority to change the law. Also, there is a procedure in place to process legal asylum seekers before entering Australia. These people are attempting to circumvent the system by entering illegally, then claiming asylum (justified or not) after their arrival; using our facilities to do so and at our expense. In fact, even some of the unsuccessful ones have been returned to their countries at our expense and with a nice little nest-egg paid for by us.David T. Friday 17 February, 2012 - 2:08 PM
If they want effective policing of these facilities why not employe some of the people that these people are putting out of work. I am sure there will be hundreds of potential takers only too willing to keep them in line.
Stop farting around and pull this scum into line the old fashion way!Peter Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:27 PM
To ALL you Green/Labor , Independents , Bleeding Hearts , Refugees' Advocates , Amnesty & UN Representatives etc. etc. :
WHAT GOES ROUND COMES AROUND !
It is called " KARMA " !!!!
One day you and your families will pay dearly for the suffering and dammage you are causing to some innocent Australian Families !!!
You EVIL , EVIL PEOPLE !!!
Even HELL is too good for you to be in !!!!sonja silic Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:14 AM
Years ago when they burnt Port Hedland down and were throwing sewrage at the guards no one was charged, it`s because we`re putting them through too much stressJohn A Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 9:58 PM
Send them bloody back!! Is that the sort of people we want in our country, to be called fellow Austalian's? Hell no. I'm all for multiculturalism, but that's bull****Lexi Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 7:04 PM