- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Horror of patrolling asylum detainees
Jason Morrison reveals the reality within our detention centres. The story of staff member Andy, doused in hot water and wounded during a riot. Charges were acquitted, and the asylum seeker treated for injuries first.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Morrison is trying to influence a matter using the actions of certain individuals, rather than the principle on the broader question of refugees and our obligations as members of the international community.
Even if what he says is true, and there is some doubt about that because of Morrison's liberty with the truth in the past, but even then, it should not be a reason to renege on our obligations.
The perpetrators of civil disorder should be dealt with under the law, if necessary legislation should be introduced for harsher penalties.
Morrison must be having a hard time finding stories.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 11:03 AM
James W, guess who makes and has the ability and authority to change the law. Also, there is a procedure in place to process legal asylum seekers before entering Australia. These people are attempting to circumvent the system by entering illegally, then claiming asylum (justified or not) after their arrival; using our facilities to do so and at our expense. In fact, even some of the unsuccessful ones have been returned to their countries at our expense and with a nice little nest-egg paid for by us.David T. Friday 17 February, 2012 - 2:08 PM
If they want effective policing of these facilities why not employe some of the people that these people are putting out of work. I am sure there will be hundreds of potential takers only too willing to keep them in line.
Stop farting around and pull this scum into line the old fashion way!Peter Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:27 PM
To ALL you Green/Labor , Independents , Bleeding Hearts , Refugees' Advocates , Amnesty & UN Representatives etc. etc. :
WHAT GOES ROUND COMES AROUND !
It is called " KARMA " !!!!
One day you and your families will pay dearly for the suffering and dammage you are causing to some innocent Australian Families !!!
You EVIL , EVIL PEOPLE !!!
Even HELL is too good for you to be in !!!!sonja silic Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:14 AM
Years ago when they burnt Port Hedland down and were throwing sewrage at the guards no one was charged, it`s because we`re putting them through too much stressJohn A Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 9:58 PM
Send them bloody back!! Is that the sort of people we want in our country, to be called fellow Austalian's? Hell no. I'm all for multiculturalism, but that's bull****Lexi Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 7:04 PM