- What is age appropriate clothing?
- World goes to hell in a hand basket
- Drones growing in popularity
- Your questions about the Opal Card
- Who is funding the evil Islamic State?
- Palmer deal to affect your super
- Your cash splashed on 'Study Trips'
- US Journalist beheaded by IS
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- O.I.L. on Who is funding the evil Islamic State? They claim islam to be a peaceful religion? Just whereabouts? more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Abbott has lost his way already, so many broken promises. Unemployment higher than in the depths of the 2nd worst global ... more
- peter on Millers Point sales shock investors This was the home for 6 people working in the city up until the last tennant died 4 years ago. all it ever needed was a coat ... more
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
Horror of patrolling asylum detainees
Jason Morrison reveals the reality within our detention centres. The story of staff member Andy, doused in hot water and wounded during a riot. Charges were acquitted, and the asylum seeker treated for injuries first.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Morrison is trying to influence a matter using the actions of certain individuals, rather than the principle on the broader question of refugees and our obligations as members of the international community.
Even if what he says is true, and there is some doubt about that because of Morrison's liberty with the truth in the past, but even then, it should not be a reason to renege on our obligations.
The perpetrators of civil disorder should be dealt with under the law, if necessary legislation should be introduced for harsher penalties.
Morrison must be having a hard time finding stories.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 11:03 AM
James W, guess who makes and has the ability and authority to change the law. Also, there is a procedure in place to process legal asylum seekers before entering Australia. These people are attempting to circumvent the system by entering illegally, then claiming asylum (justified or not) after their arrival; using our facilities to do so and at our expense. In fact, even some of the unsuccessful ones have been returned to their countries at our expense and with a nice little nest-egg paid for by us.David T. Friday 17 February, 2012 - 2:08 PM
If they want effective policing of these facilities why not employe some of the people that these people are putting out of work. I am sure there will be hundreds of potential takers only too willing to keep them in line.
Stop farting around and pull this scum into line the old fashion way!Peter Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:27 PM
To ALL you Green/Labor , Independents , Bleeding Hearts , Refugees' Advocates , Amnesty & UN Representatives etc. etc. :
WHAT GOES ROUND COMES AROUND !
It is called " KARMA " !!!!
One day you and your families will pay dearly for the suffering and dammage you are causing to some innocent Australian Families !!!
You EVIL , EVIL PEOPLE !!!
Even HELL is too good for you to be in !!!!sonja silic Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:14 AM
Years ago when they burnt Port Hedland down and were throwing sewrage at the guards no one was charged, it`s because we`re putting them through too much stressJohn A Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 9:58 PM
Send them bloody back!! Is that the sort of people we want in our country, to be called fellow Austalian's? Hell no. I'm all for multiculturalism, but that's bull****Lexi Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 7:04 PM