- War looming in the Middle East
- My religion needs fixing?
- Extremists the enemy of Islam
- Drug action in female prisons
- Bali arrest may affect Corby bail
- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
How Labor messed up the mining tax
John Stanley speaks with Peter Martin of SMH to discuss the mining tax and what a mess it has become for the government. He reveals that members of government were kept out of the room during negotiations.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott today has told business leaders a Coalition government would inject an "instantaneous adrenalin charge" into the economy by scrapping taxes and introducing "controversial" spending cuts.
The carbon tax, mining tax, school kids bonus and thousands of public sector workers are some of the first on Mr Abbott's hit list, should he be elected in September.
A Coalition government would also scrap the 6,000 a year increase to the country's refugee intake.
Mr Abbott told a Committee for Economic Development of Australia conference in Sydney his government's number one priority would be to lower taxes and improve productivity.
@James W posting here calling 'bring back Rudd'! Don't you realise son that run wantonly 'piddled in the pickles' as PM or, in the common venacular speak, he 'urinated in the condiments' so to speak -thus bringing about his booting by his own equally stupid, utterly incompetent labor party comrades?Justin J Monday 18 February, 2013 - 8:42 PM
$129 million was it? well thats $129 million they never had before i guessPete Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:02 PM
It is all very well Bleating on about the Ruddster but it is the ALP which are the bufoons. Gingerella and Swansong are not solely reliable for this country's mess. If Rudd were to make a comeback we need the following culls:- Swansong, gillard, albanese, crombet, wong, garret and especially that irritating ...Conroy. With those commies out of the way ALP may be a viable alternativeJon Perrett Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:02 PM
@Peter posting here - very good. I feel when Gingerella and Swansong are booted out of office, every radio station across this Nation should play Johnny Cash's song "Burning Ring of Fire" on the hour as a message of good riddance to these pair of liars and scoundrels and their rorting incompetent comrades!Sandra M Sunday 17 February, 2013 - 8:19 AM
Bring back Rudd.James W Saturday 16 February, 2013 - 8:29 PM
Note how in these well deserved criticisms of Gillard, Swan and comrades that they never ever come back and request an audience with 2UE to try and reverse or cease this well justified criticism of them. That my dear fellow Aussies is the perfect example of their inability to accept criticism and there abject proven failure to even communcate properly. Just useless damned rorting labor fools. F off Swan and Gillard and take your rorting comrades too.Peter S. Saturday 16 February, 2013 - 8:04 PM