- Homebush Bay Bridge connection
- How to find your credit score
- Minster issues warning to councils
- Illegal brothel rise across suburbia
- Surrogacy again under the spotlight
- Anger over council "study tours"
- Nude photos leaked via Cloud
- The dangers we face with air drops?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
How Labor messed up the mining tax
John Stanley speaks with Peter Martin of SMH to discuss the mining tax and what a mess it has become for the government. He reveals that members of government were kept out of the room during negotiations.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott today has told business leaders a Coalition government would inject an "instantaneous adrenalin charge" into the economy by scrapping taxes and introducing "controversial" spending cuts.
The carbon tax, mining tax, school kids bonus and thousands of public sector workers are some of the first on Mr Abbott's hit list, should he be elected in September.
A Coalition government would also scrap the 6,000 a year increase to the country's refugee intake.
Mr Abbott told a Committee for Economic Development of Australia conference in Sydney his government's number one priority would be to lower taxes and improve productivity.
@James W posting here calling 'bring back Rudd'! Don't you realise son that run wantonly 'piddled in the pickles' as PM or, in the common venacular speak, he 'urinated in the condiments' so to speak -thus bringing about his booting by his own equally stupid, utterly incompetent labor party comrades?Justin J Monday 18 February, 2013 - 8:42 PM
$129 million was it? well thats $129 million they never had before i guessPete Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:02 PM
It is all very well Bleating on about the Ruddster but it is the ALP which are the bufoons. Gingerella and Swansong are not solely reliable for this country's mess. If Rudd were to make a comeback we need the following culls:- Swansong, gillard, albanese, crombet, wong, garret and especially that irritating ...Conroy. With those commies out of the way ALP may be a viable alternativeJon Perrett Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:02 PM
@Peter posting here - very good. I feel when Gingerella and Swansong are booted out of office, every radio station across this Nation should play Johnny Cash's song "Burning Ring of Fire" on the hour as a message of good riddance to these pair of liars and scoundrels and their rorting incompetent comrades!Sandra M Sunday 17 February, 2013 - 8:19 AM
Bring back Rudd.James W Saturday 16 February, 2013 - 8:29 PM
Note how in these well deserved criticisms of Gillard, Swan and comrades that they never ever come back and request an audience with 2UE to try and reverse or cease this well justified criticism of them. That my dear fellow Aussies is the perfect example of their inability to accept criticism and there abject proven failure to even communcate properly. Just useless damned rorting labor fools. F off Swan and Gillard and take your rorting comrades too.Peter S. Saturday 16 February, 2013 - 8:04 PM