- Parliament House $800 doorknob?
- Sydney facing homeless challenge
- NRL Monopoly: twitter goes viral
- Australia's record games gold haul
- Loo with a view a step too far?
- Sydney Art: what do you think?
- McClymont: He who must be Obeid
- Terror links to Aussies in Syria
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Australia's record games gold haul This is the best news story and 'reality' TV in the last two weeks, will be sorry when it's all over, so proud of our ... more
- Tony on Terror links to Aussies in Syria Does anybody really think that these lowlife scum of the earth will ever see the inside of an Australian prision? What the ... more
- Loudon Cleary on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Artless, ugly, a mindless scribble that must have taken all of 30 seconds to conceive and draw. Jorn Utzen, where are you? more
- Join the Q Society on No place to top up Opal cards? I can't even find out how much want to charge me to buy one to get the honour of paying for a ride! more
- Jan McTiernan on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD It looks like it could be a lightening conductor.I hope no one dies from it.Cannot see it being a big tourist attraction. more
- Cleangirl on What to call the new CBD sculpture? The Wilted Clover. more
- Cleangirl on Work for Dole rules far too strict? You can`t have these guys doing nothing. Send the long termers off to pick fruit for 6 week stints, others to take up those ... more
- fabio on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Cheap CRUSADE against unemployed!Pick on the rich tax dodgers more
- Samuel J on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Well, I don't think it is a caricature of the shape of Clover Moore - it is more of a bastardised shape of body of Marilyn ... more
- carole on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a complete waste of our money. God save us from idiots.. more
- Laura on No place to top up Opal cards? Why hasn't the Govt. organised a solution regarding the purchase of OPAL tickets? this is a nightmare for all commuters ... more
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Jester4212 on No place to top up Opal cards? Even with our horrible 'Myki' travel solution in Melbourne we can still top up at all train stations.Forget about these auto ... more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
Immigrants ungrateful of handouts?
Jason Morrison says he is sick and tired of hearing the complaints about the lack of money we are paying immigrants, some of who have come here illegally. He points out those studying are getting less money.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The era of over-policing of parking areas is coming to an end. Jason Morrison reveals how councils are starting to see the light on the parking rip off. No parking means no shoppers and no one is winning.
The opal card is about to begin on our transport services. A simple tap and go card for ferries, rail and busses. Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian with Jason Morrison on how the service will work.
It won't be too long before we are just like America and England with their social & economic problems, its only a matter of time before we start printing more money too. Our rich chinese mortgagees must be having a big laugh at the Gillard-Labor governments' complete stupidity. Any fool can borrow money, its easy to borrow money but its obviously very hard to pay it back, just look at the mounting $16 trillion US debt! Furthermore after ridiculously jacking up electricity prices with her fraudulent global warming carbon dioxide tax scam, badly hurting our economy and the working poor, pensioners of Australia etc here we now have that crazy Labor hypocrite liar Juliar Gillard pretending like she cares saying she now will try to reduce her "carbon tax" rip-off high electricity prices-a mere election gimmick! Australia should have the cheapest electricity in the world not the dearest, because of UN hacks Labor we have the bloody dearest now. Yet our wealthy mortgagees China use our coal to have cheap power! "There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" ...buzz off Juliar with all your damned egg head supporters, youse are killing Australia!Julyar Dullard Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 10:17 AM
William , we get the point, it`s cheap money. So why don`t you borrow a couple of mill, and let your kids pay off the cheap interest ? Because in reality you don`t borrow money for things you don`t need. We need jobs and infastructure, not money thrown at the arts, ex M.Ps travelperks for life, free ciggies for asylum seekers, govt. grants to muslim sport teams, millions sent to asian schools to teach global warming (c/o Rudd $45 mill), etc etc.Bill Saturday 1 December, 2012 - 8:37 PM
The more pathetic, shameful bunch of parasites are the Refugee Advocates that keep on fighting for these "ILLEGAL" country shoppers using our money!Peter Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:49 PM
Immigrants today are the most pathetic, shameful bunch of parasites ever to enter our country. And that goes for the 'asylum seekers' as well.Robert Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:42 PM
Johannes, the yield on 10yr Australia Government Bonds was as low as 2.7%pa in July of this year. $20Bn is currently 'lent' at 10.66%pa to Aussie businesses who haven't remitted their GST on time. The current tax take is 10% lower now than it was under the last days of Howard's Government, when expressed as a proportion of GDP. Johannes, you should be clear on the facts as it is giving you the wrong outlook on where we are at.James W Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:36 AM
Johannes is a blind Lieberal stooge who makes statements without verifying them first just as his leader Abbott does - shoots straight from the hip without making sure of his facts.
The interest rates are in public domain and anyone can look them up.
On debt too, it is easy to verify where Australia stands compared to ALL DEVELOPED economies as far as debt ratio is concerned. Once they see that, Australians will feel proud of our economy unless they are Abbott stooges of course.Terrence Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 11:02 PM