- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Job cuts across education services
Paul Murray reveals the Government has announced TAFE fees will rise by almost 10% while funding for independent schools will be capped for 4 years. 1,800 jobs will go including 800 TAFE positions.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Funding will be redirected from TAFE programs that have not attracted large numbers of students, like sculpture and ceramics courses, to more popular courses such as graphic design.
This means students attending TAFE will pay $44 extra for certificate one and two courses and an extra $150 for advanced diplomas.
CUTS TO EDUCATION ANNOUNCED
The government will cut jobs and freeze funding across the education sector to save $1.7 billion
600 jobs to be cut from state and regional offices in the education department
800 TAFE positions to be cut over the next four years
400 school administrative staff to go
Government funding to independent schools frozen for four years at the 2012/2013 level, for savings of $116 million
TAFE fees to increase by 9.5 per cent
TAFE student concession fees to increase from $53 to $100 (AAP)
Jason Morrison reveals the NSW Government plans to cut $67 million from Catholic and Independent Schools. It means some schools may have to put up fees by 10%, have larger class sizes and even cut jobs.
Tafe has been an overstaffed bureaucracy for years and damned years. Bring on the cuts. Then focus on the wider NSW public service including City Rail. Note all the smokers standing around all day long in their SickieRail Uniforms smoking themselves stupid on the eastern upper pavillion of central railway station just outside the paper shop and eateries there.. Hmmmmm.Justin J Tuesday 11 September, 2012 - 8:27 PM
Gee aren't we all glad we voted liberal, keep up the great work BarryPeter Tuesday 11 September, 2012 - 4:50 PM