- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
Job cuts across education services
Paul Murray reveals the Government has announced TAFE fees will rise by almost 10% while funding for independent schools will be capped for 4 years. 1,800 jobs will go including 800 TAFE positions.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Funding will be redirected from TAFE programs that have not attracted large numbers of students, like sculpture and ceramics courses, to more popular courses such as graphic design.
This means students attending TAFE will pay $44 extra for certificate one and two courses and an extra $150 for advanced diplomas.
CUTS TO EDUCATION ANNOUNCED
The government will cut jobs and freeze funding across the education sector to save $1.7 billion
600 jobs to be cut from state and regional offices in the education department
800 TAFE positions to be cut over the next four years
400 school administrative staff to go
Government funding to independent schools frozen for four years at the 2012/2013 level, for savings of $116 million
TAFE fees to increase by 9.5 per cent
TAFE student concession fees to increase from $53 to $100 (AAP)
Jason Morrison reveals the NSW Government plans to cut $67 million from Catholic and Independent Schools. It means some schools may have to put up fees by 10%, have larger class sizes and even cut jobs.
Tafe has been an overstaffed bureaucracy for years and damned years. Bring on the cuts. Then focus on the wider NSW public service including City Rail. Note all the smokers standing around all day long in their SickieRail Uniforms smoking themselves stupid on the eastern upper pavillion of central railway station just outside the paper shop and eateries there.. Hmmmmm.Justin J Tuesday 11 September, 2012 - 8:27 PM
Gee aren't we all glad we voted liberal, keep up the great work BarryPeter Tuesday 11 September, 2012 - 4:50 PM