- GST future looms at election?
- Students using performance drugs?
- Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply
- The Stir: Alien or a deformed child?
- Sydney rail timetable changes ahead
- Help 'Save Our Sons'
- 2UE at Matthew Pearce Public School
- Lee Kernaghan: Flying with the King
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on Packer picks Barangaroo design It looks frail, theres no sense of permanence and its a bit poofy. Basically, it looks crap. more
- CARMEN on Asylum seeker cost out of control? I fully agree with Bikinis not Burkas SOLUTION to this very unwelcome problem....IT MUST BE STOPPED AT ANY ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Thomson to contest as independent Mentored friend and confidant of JuLia Gillard and now a so called Independent Craig Thomson is loaded with "Labor values" ... more
- Sandra M on Thomson to contest as independent He's as good as a dozen damned vacancies this joker. I trust the court hearing of the long line of charges is not delayed ... more
- Mick on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock I have to say Paul. You made yourself look ignorant by not even letting this bloke explain. I agree with what he said and ... more
- Peter on Labor handouts uncovered in Budget It's been found, everybody knows what it is going to be used for, Simple - Quarantine it till after the election. more
- Peter on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This subject will still be on the agenda for the foreseeable future until we get somebody with the BALLS to say enough is ... more
- paulo on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other!The USA always vetos anything against Israel.So we should all be on the ... more
- Robert on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This problem lies squarely at the feet of the labour goons and their anti-Australian agenda. If they love 'asylum seekers' ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on 5G: download a movie in a second Faster on fiber optic and no distance restrictions and no peak volume problems! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Is Australia a fair country? The Federal Government is unfair to us fair dinkum Aussies! Muslim Colonits first Aussies last! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Easy solution build a Refugee camp in the middle of Western Australia, provide food, water, tents and long drops, (the same ... more
- Terrence on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock 70 years after Palestinians were so cruelly uprooted and dispossessed from their lands to create a country for the Zionists ... more
- Terrence on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Well, you have been saying these things for months now until you have exhausted all the superlatives. The only thing you ... more
- lyndal on Palmer party: is he really serious? He is such a goose, he tried to bribe the LNP and couldnt, so he picked up his bat and ball and went mad more
- Robert on Who are Sydney's worst drivers? Part of Sydney already on its way to third world status. No surprises there. Once again thanks for nothing to all the idiots ... more
- Egon on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Don't worry the tears she is showing are only crocodile tears and are part of the ceremony more
- Keith A Tudor on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Another well performed deceitful act Jul-liar Eileen Gillard. And don't feel any sympathy for yourself you damned fool ... more
- jim on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates GILLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!The two are incompatable more
- Franco on Palmer party: is he really serious? Morrison is worried Palmer may eat into Abutt's big business support base. more
Job cuts across education services
Paul Murray reveals the Government has announced TAFE fees will rise by almost 10% while funding for independent schools will be capped for 4 years. 1,800 jobs will go including 800 TAFE positions.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Funding will be redirected from TAFE programs that have not attracted large numbers of students, like sculpture and ceramics courses, to more popular courses such as graphic design.
This means students attending TAFE will pay $44 extra for certificate one and two courses and an extra $150 for advanced diplomas.
CUTS TO EDUCATION ANNOUNCED
The government will cut jobs and freeze funding across the education sector to save $1.7 billion
600 jobs to be cut from state and regional offices in the education department
800 TAFE positions to be cut over the next four years
400 school administrative staff to go
Government funding to independent schools frozen for four years at the 2012/2013 level, for savings of $116 million
TAFE fees to increase by 9.5 per cent
TAFE student concession fees to increase from $53 to $100 (AAP)
Jason Morrison reveals the NSW Government plans to cut $67 million from Catholic and Independent Schools. It means some schools may have to put up fees by 10%, have larger class sizes and even cut jobs.
Tafe has been an overstaffed bureaucracy for years and damned years. Bring on the cuts. Then focus on the wider NSW public service including City Rail. Note all the smokers standing around all day long in their SickieRail Uniforms smoking themselves stupid on the eastern upper pavillion of central railway station just outside the paper shop and eateries there.. Hmmmmm.Justin J Tuesday 11 September, 2012 - 8:27 PM
Gee aren't we all glad we voted liberal, keep up the great work BarryPeter Tuesday 11 September, 2012 - 4:50 PM