- War looming in the Middle East
- My religion needs fixing?
- Extremists the enemy of Islam
- Drug action in female prisons
- Bali arrest may affect Corby bail
- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
John Howard reflects on 9/11
John Howard was in Washington DC when terrorism struck the United States. His message with George & Paul for Australians on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is that "the terrorists have not succeeded".
The former PM, who took Australia into wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to fight terrorism, says there have been no attacks on our mainland, because of the efforts of our intelligence and security apparatus, and the inherent strength of the Australian way of life.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A fasciast pretending to be a real right winger, talking about freedom. Once a politician always a politician. If he ever starts trying to make amends for how he really sold us out then he'll be worth 2ue dusting him off. Him aside restore that important right he took away.Leslie Monday 12 September, 2011 - 12:23 AM
Paper mills and hard drive makers thank Mr. Howard for his measures fighting the war on terror.Sean Sunday 11 September, 2011 - 3:27 PM
because of the efforts of our intelligence and security apparatus
That's half right, because he neglects to say "the continued efforts". Sure wasn't little Johnny efforts that kept everyone safe. He did get a free kick at elections because of it. Good to see John still putting the 'ass' in class.
Now with decreasing freedoms (including his recorded efforts in office) why does it sound like the 'terrorists' have won?
A lot of fun telling Republicans exactly what Howard did in office and seeing their faces drop.
Keep walking John. That hippy should have belted you a little harder that day.Henderson Sunday 11 September, 2011 - 3:23 PM