- Sarah Snook: Predestination
- Leaked celeb nude photo scandal
- Drugs: treatment over punishment?
- Homebush Bay Bridge connection
- How to find your credit score
- Minster issues warning to councils
- Illegal brothel rise across suburbia
- Surrogacy again under the spotlight
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Qantas loss of $2.84 billion Qantas is a hard fix. The next 12 months will be vital. For all the expenditure etc they still have poor service. I don't ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? You jest. This is mythology. We have had a succession of PMs who have placed self preservation ahead of public interest. ... more
- Craig on Taxpayers lose to black economy Don't steal the Government hates the competition. more
John Howard reflects on 9/11
John Howard was in Washington DC when terrorism struck the United States. His message with George & Paul for Australians on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is that "the terrorists have not succeeded".
The former PM, who took Australia into wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to fight terrorism, says there have been no attacks on our mainland, because of the efforts of our intelligence and security apparatus, and the inherent strength of the Australian way of life.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A fasciast pretending to be a real right winger, talking about freedom. Once a politician always a politician. If he ever starts trying to make amends for how he really sold us out then he'll be worth 2ue dusting him off. Him aside restore that important right he took away.Leslie Monday 12 September, 2011 - 12:23 AM
Paper mills and hard drive makers thank Mr. Howard for his measures fighting the war on terror.Sean Sunday 11 September, 2011 - 3:27 PM
because of the efforts of our intelligence and security apparatus
That's half right, because he neglects to say "the continued efforts". Sure wasn't little Johnny efforts that kept everyone safe. He did get a free kick at elections because of it. Good to see John still putting the 'ass' in class.
Now with decreasing freedoms (including his recorded efforts in office) why does it sound like the 'terrorists' have won?
A lot of fun telling Republicans exactly what Howard did in office and seeing their faces drop.
Keep walking John. That hippy should have belted you a little harder that day.Henderson Sunday 11 September, 2011 - 3:23 PM