- Indian mum group founder speaks out
- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet headed?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dean on Fire takes hold at Barangaroo Quick lets close the airport, stop the ferries and evacuate the city just in case this thing kicks up some dust. No such ... more
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
Kate expecting a royal baby
Prince William and wife Kate are set to become parents, with the Duchess of Cambridge announcing she's pregnant.
The Palace has this morning confirmed the pair is expecting, after Kate was taken to hospital with severe morning sickness.
An official statement says the Queen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles, Prince Harry and both sides of the family are delighted with the news.
But UK correspondent Malcolm Stuart has told Stuart Bocking it appears they didn't even know far in advance.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
What will be the baby's name?
Bookmakers reckon Prince William and his wife Catherine will name their baby after a close relative, with his late mother Diana among the early front-runners.
Betting chains are offering odds on a whole range of markets, from the baby's name to its sex, weight, godparents, hair colour and even the time and day of birth.
The baby will be third in line to inherit the throne, meaning a King John II or Queen Anne II could be on the cards.
Less regal-sounding names like Kevin, Wayne and Sharon all come in at 250/1.
Blog us below what you think the couple should name the royal baby:
Kate’s baby third in line to throne
Royal Correspondent Robert Jobson discusses with John Stanley Prince William and his wife, Catherine, expecting their first child. Whatever the sex of the child, they will be the third in line to the British throne.
Kate on the mend in hospital
The Duchess of Cambridge is continuing to feel better and St James's Palace says she and Prince William are immensely grateful for the good wishes they've received. Stuart Bocking gets the latest from London.