- Nova Peris sets back race relations?
- 2UE Summer of Cricket
- Pop to Popism at Art Gallery of NSW
- New Gold Opal card for Seniors
- Men now reluctant to help kids?
- Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate
- Recycling everyday food scraps
- Joe Hockey's spat at red tape
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
- Paul on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? Yes it does bug me when people throw their cigarette butts, thats why I've videoed these idiots to embarrass them on ... more
- Cleangirl on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? or Cyclists running red lights, cars not using blinkers, people eating on the train, allowing dogs on ovals, dogs in school ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? I have on occasions got out of my car picked up the lit butt and tossed it onto their back seat and once I dropped it into ... more
Katter candidates called homophobic
Two candidates of Bob Katter's party are standing by homophobic comments, amid angry calls for them to be dis-endorsed. Victoria hopeful Tess Corbett claims homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to teach in kindergartens in the same way paedophiles can't.
While Queensland Australian Party candidate Bernard Gaynor says he wouldn't want his children being taught by a gay or lesbian teacher. Mr Gaynor tells Dicko and Sarah the candidates have the support of their electorates.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Gay and lesbian groups are outraged over comments made from members of Bob Katter's political party, likening homosexuals to paedophiles. National President of Katter's Australian Party is also angered by the comments and tells Paul Murray that is not what the party's policy actually is, and the candidates are out of line.
Bob Katter Australia Party candidates are under fire for linking pedophiles to homosexuals. The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, says he doesn't want homosexuals teaching his children.
Maurie Mulheron of the NSW Teachers Federation tells Paul Murray we don’t need this kind of ignorance in public life.
Two candidates for Katter's Australian Party have been suspended after making homophobic slurs.
Bernard Gaynor, who was standing as a Senate candidate, has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett has also resigned from the party, after likening paedophilia to gay and lesbian rights.
Justin Koonin from the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby says the pair are out of step with the rest of the country.
Jason Morrison looks at the Prime Minister Julia Gillard's unveiling of a new vision for Australia's security, with a focus on enhanced regional engagement and stronger defences against the rising cyber threat.
Dick Smith is outraged an ad he made for Australia Day has been banned because it is saturated with dick jokes. Jason Morrison asks you if it is too offensive to put on the TV or have we lost our Aussie sense of fun?
Everyones a phobic unless they agree with the Greens ??
What if a Homosexual doesn`t want a christian teaching in their adopted kids kindy, are they called a moralphobic ??Jo Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:06 PM
Calling someone 'homophobic' may become an ationable offense?Liberator Friday 25 January, 2013 - 9:34 AM
I don't want minority groups in any of our what 7 damned parliaments at all. That includes homosexuals, lesbains, transvestites et al. These people are seriously liabilities in every way. They do not fit in with main stream Australia. Why don't they all simply band together and piss off to some remote Asian island. I have had enough to these morons.Samuel Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:27 PM
POLITICAL CANDIDATES OR THE MAN IN THE STREET - SHOULD NOT BE LABELLED "PHOBIC" FOR HOLDING A DIFFERING MORAL FEW ON HUMAN SEXUALITY (OR ANYTHING ELSE). IT IS SIMPLY A NAME CALLING; BULLYING PLOY TO STIFLE FREE SPEECH & BELIEFS... DANGEROUS!Des Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:23 PM
But, when some gay bars openly ban heterosexuals thatâ??s perceived as â??tolerantâ??? Sounds like a case of selective outrage.Ben Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Arh Yes, the truth hurts doesn't it? If somebody prefers a person for whatever reason not to have contact with their children, isn't that their right? Seems as though the minority groups want to run everybodies lives at the expence of common sense.Peter Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 12:58 PM