- Countdown trial for pedestrians
- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Katter candidates called homophobic
Two candidates of Bob Katter's party are standing by homophobic comments, amid angry calls for them to be dis-endorsed. Victoria hopeful Tess Corbett claims homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to teach in kindergartens in the same way paedophiles can't.
While Queensland Australian Party candidate Bernard Gaynor says he wouldn't want his children being taught by a gay or lesbian teacher. Mr Gaynor tells Dicko and Sarah the candidates have the support of their electorates.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Gay and lesbian groups are outraged over comments made from members of Bob Katter's political party, likening homosexuals to paedophiles. National President of Katter's Australian Party is also angered by the comments and tells Paul Murray that is not what the party's policy actually is, and the candidates are out of line.
Bob Katter Australia Party candidates are under fire for linking pedophiles to homosexuals. The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, says he doesn't want homosexuals teaching his children.
Maurie Mulheron of the NSW Teachers Federation tells Paul Murray we don’t need this kind of ignorance in public life.
Two candidates for Katter's Australian Party have been suspended after making homophobic slurs.
Bernard Gaynor, who was standing as a Senate candidate, has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett has also resigned from the party, after likening paedophilia to gay and lesbian rights.
Justin Koonin from the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby says the pair are out of step with the rest of the country.
Jason Morrison looks at the Prime Minister Julia Gillard's unveiling of a new vision for Australia's security, with a focus on enhanced regional engagement and stronger defences against the rising cyber threat.
Dick Smith is outraged an ad he made for Australia Day has been banned because it is saturated with dick jokes. Jason Morrison asks you if it is too offensive to put on the TV or have we lost our Aussie sense of fun?
Everyones a phobic unless they agree with the Greens ??
What if a Homosexual doesn`t want a christian teaching in their adopted kids kindy, are they called a moralphobic ??Jo Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:06 PM
Calling someone 'homophobic' may become an ationable offense?Liberator Friday 25 January, 2013 - 9:34 AM
I don't want minority groups in any of our what 7 damned parliaments at all. That includes homosexuals, lesbains, transvestites et al. These people are seriously liabilities in every way. They do not fit in with main stream Australia. Why don't they all simply band together and piss off to some remote Asian island. I have had enough to these morons.Samuel Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:27 PM
POLITICAL CANDIDATES OR THE MAN IN THE STREET - SHOULD NOT BE LABELLED "PHOBIC" FOR HOLDING A DIFFERING MORAL FEW ON HUMAN SEXUALITY (OR ANYTHING ELSE). IT IS SIMPLY A NAME CALLING; BULLYING PLOY TO STIFLE FREE SPEECH & BELIEFS... DANGEROUS!Des Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:23 PM
But, when some gay bars openly ban heterosexuals thatâ??s perceived as â??tolerantâ??? Sounds like a case of selective outrage.Ben Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Arh Yes, the truth hurts doesn't it? If somebody prefers a person for whatever reason not to have contact with their children, isn't that their right? Seems as though the minority groups want to run everybodies lives at the expence of common sense.Peter Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 12:58 PM