- What happened to flight MH370?
- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Katter candidates called homophobic
Two candidates of Bob Katter's party are standing by homophobic comments, amid angry calls for them to be dis-endorsed. Victoria hopeful Tess Corbett claims homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to teach in kindergartens in the same way paedophiles can't.
While Queensland Australian Party candidate Bernard Gaynor says he wouldn't want his children being taught by a gay or lesbian teacher. Mr Gaynor tells Dicko and Sarah the candidates have the support of their electorates.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Gay and lesbian groups are outraged over comments made from members of Bob Katter's political party, likening homosexuals to paedophiles. National President of Katter's Australian Party is also angered by the comments and tells Paul Murray that is not what the party's policy actually is, and the candidates are out of line.
Bob Katter Australia Party candidates are under fire for linking pedophiles to homosexuals. The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, says he doesn't want homosexuals teaching his children.
Maurie Mulheron of the NSW Teachers Federation tells Paul Murray we don’t need this kind of ignorance in public life.
Two candidates for Katter's Australian Party have been suspended after making homophobic slurs.
Bernard Gaynor, who was standing as a Senate candidate, has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett has also resigned from the party, after likening paedophilia to gay and lesbian rights.
Justin Koonin from the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby says the pair are out of step with the rest of the country.
Jason Morrison looks at the Prime Minister Julia Gillard's unveiling of a new vision for Australia's security, with a focus on enhanced regional engagement and stronger defences against the rising cyber threat.
Dick Smith is outraged an ad he made for Australia Day has been banned because it is saturated with dick jokes. Jason Morrison asks you if it is too offensive to put on the TV or have we lost our Aussie sense of fun?
Everyones a phobic unless they agree with the Greens ??
What if a Homosexual doesn`t want a christian teaching in their adopted kids kindy, are they called a moralphobic ??Jo Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:06 PM
Calling someone 'homophobic' may become an ationable offense?Liberator Friday 25 January, 2013 - 9:34 AM
I don't want minority groups in any of our what 7 damned parliaments at all. That includes homosexuals, lesbains, transvestites et al. These people are seriously liabilities in every way. They do not fit in with main stream Australia. Why don't they all simply band together and piss off to some remote Asian island. I have had enough to these morons.Samuel Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:27 PM
POLITICAL CANDIDATES OR THE MAN IN THE STREET - SHOULD NOT BE LABELLED "PHOBIC" FOR HOLDING A DIFFERING MORAL FEW ON HUMAN SEXUALITY (OR ANYTHING ELSE). IT IS SIMPLY A NAME CALLING; BULLYING PLOY TO STIFLE FREE SPEECH & BELIEFS... DANGEROUS!Des Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:23 PM
But, when some gay bars openly ban heterosexuals thatâ??s perceived as â??tolerantâ??? Sounds like a case of selective outrage.Ben Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Arh Yes, the truth hurts doesn't it? If somebody prefers a person for whatever reason not to have contact with their children, isn't that their right? Seems as though the minority groups want to run everybodies lives at the expence of common sense.Peter Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 12:58 PM