- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Katter candidates called homophobic
Two candidates of Bob Katter's party are standing by homophobic comments, amid angry calls for them to be dis-endorsed. Victoria hopeful Tess Corbett claims homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to teach in kindergartens in the same way paedophiles can't.
While Queensland Australian Party candidate Bernard Gaynor says he wouldn't want his children being taught by a gay or lesbian teacher. Mr Gaynor tells Dicko and Sarah the candidates have the support of their electorates.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Gay and lesbian groups are outraged over comments made from members of Bob Katter's political party, likening homosexuals to paedophiles. National President of Katter's Australian Party is also angered by the comments and tells Paul Murray that is not what the party's policy actually is, and the candidates are out of line.
Bob Katter Australia Party candidates are under fire for linking pedophiles to homosexuals. The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, says he doesn't want homosexuals teaching his children.
Maurie Mulheron of the NSW Teachers Federation tells Paul Murray we don’t need this kind of ignorance in public life.
Two candidates for Katter's Australian Party have been suspended after making homophobic slurs.
Bernard Gaynor, who was standing as a Senate candidate, has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett has also resigned from the party, after likening paedophilia to gay and lesbian rights.
Justin Koonin from the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby says the pair are out of step with the rest of the country.
Jason Morrison looks at the Prime Minister Julia Gillard's unveiling of a new vision for Australia's security, with a focus on enhanced regional engagement and stronger defences against the rising cyber threat.
Dick Smith is outraged an ad he made for Australia Day has been banned because it is saturated with dick jokes. Jason Morrison asks you if it is too offensive to put on the TV or have we lost our Aussie sense of fun?
Everyones a phobic unless they agree with the Greens ??
What if a Homosexual doesn`t want a christian teaching in their adopted kids kindy, are they called a moralphobic ??Jo Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:06 PM
Calling someone 'homophobic' may become an ationable offense?Liberator Friday 25 January, 2013 - 9:34 AM
I don't want minority groups in any of our what 7 damned parliaments at all. That includes homosexuals, lesbains, transvestites et al. These people are seriously liabilities in every way. They do not fit in with main stream Australia. Why don't they all simply band together and piss off to some remote Asian island. I have had enough to these morons.Samuel Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:27 PM
POLITICAL CANDIDATES OR THE MAN IN THE STREET - SHOULD NOT BE LABELLED "PHOBIC" FOR HOLDING A DIFFERING MORAL FEW ON HUMAN SEXUALITY (OR ANYTHING ELSE). IT IS SIMPLY A NAME CALLING; BULLYING PLOY TO STIFLE FREE SPEECH & BELIEFS... DANGEROUS!Des Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:23 PM
But, when some gay bars openly ban heterosexuals thatâ??s perceived as â??tolerantâ??? Sounds like a case of selective outrage.Ben Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Arh Yes, the truth hurts doesn't it? If somebody prefers a person for whatever reason not to have contact with their children, isn't that their right? Seems as though the minority groups want to run everybodies lives at the expence of common sense.Peter Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 12:58 PM