- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet heading?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- Felipe Massa Grand Prix favourite?
- The best spins of the news week
- Flu season hitting early this year?
- How will credit changes affect you?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
Keep your taxes off cheap wine
Increasing the price of cheap wine as a way of stopping binge drinking seems like nanny state stuff. Will it have impact on anyone but those who cannot afford it? Jason Morrison on the increase of alcohol taxes.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Fair Work Australia has launched legal action against MP Craig Thomson. Paul Murray on allegations he broke union rules by misspending hundreds of thousands of dollars in Health Services Union funds.
Today is pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day, a day for families to reflect. Paul Murray reflects on his loss of little Leo 8 weeks ago, why we need to celebrate these special lives taken all too soon.
It is about time someone took a strong stand against the scourge of alcoholism, drugs, gambling and prostitution. Shame on Labour for reneging on 'pokie reform'! It must have been because of the pressure from their NSW Labour thugs... These thugs are the reason people kicked them out of govt. In NSW. It does not look like they have learnt any lesson. Many of the misdemeanours of politicians on both sides can be traced to alcohol. If clubs have to depend on alcohol to survive and be able to do community work, then they have a bad business model. Similarly, if politicians have to depend on alcohol for votes, that is very bad for the country.
On the other hand, I sense that Abbott is against these vices but he does not raise his voice on such matters. He is an impotent politician with hardly any conviction so he prefers to concentrate on making personal attacks on his political adversaries Ã¢Â?Â? a tactic which is bound to backfire as recent events clearly show. He would have been better off taking a vocal stand against vices like alcoholism and many people would support him. It is good that the govt is considering raising taxes on cigarettes. Tax on alcohol should be tripled.Terrence Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:22 PM