- Disabled parking demerit points
- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute!
- AIRA gossip from Richard Wilkins
- Council protest ships at White Bay
- Cowan appeals Morcombe confession
- Shorten plays co-payment all wrong?
- Phil Hughes: Ambo response queires
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- md nurul amin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! pathetic news for me and shocked at the dawn demise of HUGE. CA lost a legend' tribute to him more
- Paul Carter on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My condolences to Phillip Hughes Family, Friends and the Cricket Fraternity after his tragic death yesterday. more
- Yvonne Holmes on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My deepest sympathy to Phillip Hughes' family at this tragic time. I have joined thousands of others in crying for your ... more
- Mohammed Salim on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! In Memory of Philip HughesCricket is not just a game but a family. We are all brothers ; surpassing borders and nations. We ... more
- Dr Wajdi Hadi on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My Condolences to family and to all Australia,May God give patience to his family and friends.I suggets to gather support to ... more
- kathleen, richard, ryan & blake on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We have followed your journey and with sadness, we along with your family and friends mourn the loss of a talented player ... more
- Colin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! A very very sad day for the world of cricket. So sorry for Phillip Hughes and his family. RIP PhilSpare a thought for Sean ... more
- sada siwan on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! have not met him, but there are some cricketers whom I just like and Phil is one of them. may god be with you and rest in ... more
- Trevor Lord on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened as an ex East St resident. Knew his mum casually at Macksville RSL.his uncle cut my 90 year old parents ... more
- Ross & Sylvia Tollow on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We express our deepest sympathy to all the Hughes family, may your son and brother rest in peace. Our thoughts are also with ... more
- Tejas on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My best wishes to the family. He passed playing the game he loved. He reminds us how precious life is. Please let his death ... more
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
Latham on celebrity candidate MPs
Getting behind the news and behind the political party machine. Paul Murray speaks with former Labor Opposition Leader Mark Latham about picking celebrity MP candidates to run for the party at elections.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Oil reserves potentially worth more than $20 trillion discovered in South Australia. Paul Murray & Peter Bond of Linc Energy reveals it may be enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient fuel producer.
ICAC has uncovered documents that reveal Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid secretly has $3.4 million investments in a water company with an exclusive 25-year agreement with the O'Farrell government.
Gary Newman wrote a piece recently about Bernard Tomic where he compared him to Latham: "He's destined to become the Mark Latham of Australian sport - supremely talented but terminally unelectable." I thought his observation of Mark Latham was spot on. I did not vote for him. I thought Beazley at the time would have cantered through. Anyway, Latham is a big loss to Labour, not as PM, but as a parliamentarian. He is so incisive, reminds you of Keating, I think even better than Keating. He is very intelligent and makes forceful arguments as he has done here. I recall the debate he had against Howard where he almost demolished him and Howard had to express thanks that the worm does not vote. I think the other side must be thankful they don't have to deal with Latham any more, and I suspect some on his own side are too.Terrence Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 12:50 PM
I trust the Taxation Department will be knocking on Mr Damned Obeid's door and the also the doors of his family and extended family to seriously and professionally recover a huge amount of unpaid taxation. But, sadly, we do still have a failed labor party government at the National level. I rest my case in disgust!Audrey Wilson Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:02 PM
You are absolutely correct Peter with your helpful posting here! Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is nothing but an obstinate, self aggrandising fool who failed in private enterprise and then hopped on the political bandwagon. She should have never ever been accepted into the labor rotten now defunct party. The numbers men in it have a lot to account for. But they can get stuffed as the right thinking voter shall do the number on her and her rotten comrades. I rest my case.Bill T Abrahams B.Ec Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:38 PM
Yes I understand Mark Latham, the motor mouth who failed, but yet would have been a better PM that foul mouthed Rudd and the liar Gillard, did have a handle in putting the soccer ball headed clown and dancing man, Peter Garrett into our federal parliament on a massive salary and for what! For abject stuff ups and raw incompetence.Sandra M Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:31 PM
I have a suspicion that Mark Latham did the same thing by electing Peter Garrett into the Labor Team...Would I be correct in assuming that?..
And, Peter, I must say that I like your comment re Julia "putting more knives in peoples backs than a circus knife thrower"...SO TRUE!!!CARMEN Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:24 PM
What southerners do not know is that, by Julia Gillard selecting Nova Peris, Marion Scryngmor was rejected as she had put her name up for the senate ticket. Like Nova Peris, Marion is both female and indigenous but, unlike Nova, marion has been a tireless, hard working member of the Labor Party in the Northern Territory for years.
With that in mind, now tell me that this wasn't more about politics than trying to get a good female inigenous candidate into the Senate.
Clearly Julia Gillard does not care what the NT thinks, she only wants to impress the southerners who do not know the real facts.
What a disgrace.Peter of Darwin Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 1:11 PM