- Drivers not tested for cocaine use?
- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- Close encounters on planet Mars
- Who deserved their shonky award
- Clubs to expand into childcare?
- Not enough jobs for uni grads?
- Who's been snooping in your bin?
- Demerits for illegal disabled parkers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Latham on celebrity candidate MPs
Getting behind the news and behind the political party machine. Paul Murray speaks with former Labor Opposition Leader Mark Latham about picking celebrity MP candidates to run for the party at elections.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Oil reserves potentially worth more than $20 trillion discovered in South Australia. Paul Murray & Peter Bond of Linc Energy reveals it may be enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient fuel producer.
ICAC has uncovered documents that reveal Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid secretly has $3.4 million investments in a water company with an exclusive 25-year agreement with the O'Farrell government.
Gary Newman wrote a piece recently about Bernard Tomic where he compared him to Latham: "He's destined to become the Mark Latham of Australian sport - supremely talented but terminally unelectable." I thought his observation of Mark Latham was spot on. I did not vote for him. I thought Beazley at the time would have cantered through. Anyway, Latham is a big loss to Labour, not as PM, but as a parliamentarian. He is so incisive, reminds you of Keating, I think even better than Keating. He is very intelligent and makes forceful arguments as he has done here. I recall the debate he had against Howard where he almost demolished him and Howard had to express thanks that the worm does not vote. I think the other side must be thankful they don't have to deal with Latham any more, and I suspect some on his own side are too.Terrence Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 12:50 PM
I trust the Taxation Department will be knocking on Mr Damned Obeid's door and the also the doors of his family and extended family to seriously and professionally recover a huge amount of unpaid taxation. But, sadly, we do still have a failed labor party government at the National level. I rest my case in disgust!Audrey Wilson Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:02 PM
You are absolutely correct Peter with your helpful posting here! Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is nothing but an obstinate, self aggrandising fool who failed in private enterprise and then hopped on the political bandwagon. She should have never ever been accepted into the labor rotten now defunct party. The numbers men in it have a lot to account for. But they can get stuffed as the right thinking voter shall do the number on her and her rotten comrades. I rest my case.Bill T Abrahams B.Ec Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:38 PM
Yes I understand Mark Latham, the motor mouth who failed, but yet would have been a better PM that foul mouthed Rudd and the liar Gillard, did have a handle in putting the soccer ball headed clown and dancing man, Peter Garrett into our federal parliament on a massive salary and for what! For abject stuff ups and raw incompetence.Sandra M Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:31 PM
I have a suspicion that Mark Latham did the same thing by electing Peter Garrett into the Labor Team...Would I be correct in assuming that?..
And, Peter, I must say that I like your comment re Julia "putting more knives in peoples backs than a circus knife thrower"...SO TRUE!!!CARMEN Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:24 PM
What southerners do not know is that, by Julia Gillard selecting Nova Peris, Marion Scryngmor was rejected as she had put her name up for the senate ticket. Like Nova Peris, Marion is both female and indigenous but, unlike Nova, marion has been a tireless, hard working member of the Labor Party in the Northern Territory for years.
With that in mind, now tell me that this wasn't more about politics than trying to get a good female inigenous candidate into the Senate.
Clearly Julia Gillard does not care what the NT thinks, she only wants to impress the southerners who do not know the real facts.
What a disgrace.Peter of Darwin Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 1:11 PM