- Cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- Drivers just drones behind the wheel
- Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger
- Should we scrap school homework?
- Sydney petrol price collusion?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
- Laurie on Is Joe Hockey too out of touch? What an arrogant, cigar chomping (bad look for our kids) man Hockey is. He is so out of touch with ordinary Australians, and ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Hockey backlash on poor comments Everyone can now see untalented U.N. sloppy Joe's true colours and they are definitely not liking what they see. Lazy and ... more
Latham on celebrity candidate MPs
Getting behind the news and behind the political party machine. Paul Murray speaks with former Labor Opposition Leader Mark Latham about picking celebrity MP candidates to run for the party at elections.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Oil reserves potentially worth more than $20 trillion discovered in South Australia. Paul Murray & Peter Bond of Linc Energy reveals it may be enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient fuel producer.
ICAC has uncovered documents that reveal Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid secretly has $3.4 million investments in a water company with an exclusive 25-year agreement with the O'Farrell government.
Gary Newman wrote a piece recently about Bernard Tomic where he compared him to Latham: "He's destined to become the Mark Latham of Australian sport - supremely talented but terminally unelectable." I thought his observation of Mark Latham was spot on. I did not vote for him. I thought Beazley at the time would have cantered through. Anyway, Latham is a big loss to Labour, not as PM, but as a parliamentarian. He is so incisive, reminds you of Keating, I think even better than Keating. He is very intelligent and makes forceful arguments as he has done here. I recall the debate he had against Howard where he almost demolished him and Howard had to express thanks that the worm does not vote. I think the other side must be thankful they don't have to deal with Latham any more, and I suspect some on his own side are too.Terrence Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 12:50 PM
I trust the Taxation Department will be knocking on Mr Damned Obeid's door and the also the doors of his family and extended family to seriously and professionally recover a huge amount of unpaid taxation. But, sadly, we do still have a failed labor party government at the National level. I rest my case in disgust!Audrey Wilson Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:02 PM
You are absolutely correct Peter with your helpful posting here! Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is nothing but an obstinate, self aggrandising fool who failed in private enterprise and then hopped on the political bandwagon. She should have never ever been accepted into the labor rotten now defunct party. The numbers men in it have a lot to account for. But they can get stuffed as the right thinking voter shall do the number on her and her rotten comrades. I rest my case.Bill T Abrahams B.Ec Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:38 PM
Yes I understand Mark Latham, the motor mouth who failed, but yet would have been a better PM that foul mouthed Rudd and the liar Gillard, did have a handle in putting the soccer ball headed clown and dancing man, Peter Garrett into our federal parliament on a massive salary and for what! For abject stuff ups and raw incompetence.Sandra M Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:31 PM
I have a suspicion that Mark Latham did the same thing by electing Peter Garrett into the Labor Team...Would I be correct in assuming that?..
And, Peter, I must say that I like your comment re Julia "putting more knives in peoples backs than a circus knife thrower"...SO TRUE!!!CARMEN Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:24 PM
What southerners do not know is that, by Julia Gillard selecting Nova Peris, Marion Scryngmor was rejected as she had put her name up for the senate ticket. Like Nova Peris, Marion is both female and indigenous but, unlike Nova, marion has been a tireless, hard working member of the Labor Party in the Northern Territory for years.
With that in mind, now tell me that this wasn't more about politics than trying to get a good female inigenous candidate into the Senate.
Clearly Julia Gillard does not care what the NT thinks, she only wants to impress the southerners who do not know the real facts.
What a disgrace.Peter of Darwin Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 1:11 PM