- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Latham on celebrity candidate MPs
Getting behind the news and behind the political party machine. Paul Murray speaks with former Labor Opposition Leader Mark Latham about picking celebrity MP candidates to run for the party at elections.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Oil reserves potentially worth more than $20 trillion discovered in South Australia. Paul Murray & Peter Bond of Linc Energy reveals it may be enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient fuel producer.
ICAC has uncovered documents that reveal Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid secretly has $3.4 million investments in a water company with an exclusive 25-year agreement with the O'Farrell government.
Gary Newman wrote a piece recently about Bernard Tomic where he compared him to Latham: "He's destined to become the Mark Latham of Australian sport - supremely talented but terminally unelectable." I thought his observation of Mark Latham was spot on. I did not vote for him. I thought Beazley at the time would have cantered through. Anyway, Latham is a big loss to Labour, not as PM, but as a parliamentarian. He is so incisive, reminds you of Keating, I think even better than Keating. He is very intelligent and makes forceful arguments as he has done here. I recall the debate he had against Howard where he almost demolished him and Howard had to express thanks that the worm does not vote. I think the other side must be thankful they don't have to deal with Latham any more, and I suspect some on his own side are too.Terrence Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 12:50 PM
I trust the Taxation Department will be knocking on Mr Damned Obeid's door and the also the doors of his family and extended family to seriously and professionally recover a huge amount of unpaid taxation. But, sadly, we do still have a failed labor party government at the National level. I rest my case in disgust!Audrey Wilson Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:02 PM
You are absolutely correct Peter with your helpful posting here! Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is nothing but an obstinate, self aggrandising fool who failed in private enterprise and then hopped on the political bandwagon. She should have never ever been accepted into the labor rotten now defunct party. The numbers men in it have a lot to account for. But they can get stuffed as the right thinking voter shall do the number on her and her rotten comrades. I rest my case.Bill T Abrahams B.Ec Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:38 PM
Yes I understand Mark Latham, the motor mouth who failed, but yet would have been a better PM that foul mouthed Rudd and the liar Gillard, did have a handle in putting the soccer ball headed clown and dancing man, Peter Garrett into our federal parliament on a massive salary and for what! For abject stuff ups and raw incompetence.Sandra M Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:31 PM
I have a suspicion that Mark Latham did the same thing by electing Peter Garrett into the Labor Team...Would I be correct in assuming that?..
And, Peter, I must say that I like your comment re Julia "putting more knives in peoples backs than a circus knife thrower"...SO TRUE!!!CARMEN Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:24 PM
What southerners do not know is that, by Julia Gillard selecting Nova Peris, Marion Scryngmor was rejected as she had put her name up for the senate ticket. Like Nova Peris, Marion is both female and indigenous but, unlike Nova, marion has been a tireless, hard working member of the Labor Party in the Northern Territory for years.
With that in mind, now tell me that this wasn't more about politics than trying to get a good female inigenous candidate into the Senate.
Clearly Julia Gillard does not care what the NT thinks, she only wants to impress the southerners who do not know the real facts.
What a disgrace.Peter of Darwin Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 1:11 PM