- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Latham on celebrity candidate MPs
Getting behind the news and behind the political party machine. Paul Murray speaks with former Labor Opposition Leader Mark Latham about picking celebrity MP candidates to run for the party at elections.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Oil reserves potentially worth more than $20 trillion discovered in South Australia. Paul Murray & Peter Bond of Linc Energy reveals it may be enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient fuel producer.
ICAC has uncovered documents that reveal Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid secretly has $3.4 million investments in a water company with an exclusive 25-year agreement with the O'Farrell government.
Gary Newman wrote a piece recently about Bernard Tomic where he compared him to Latham: "He's destined to become the Mark Latham of Australian sport - supremely talented but terminally unelectable." I thought his observation of Mark Latham was spot on. I did not vote for him. I thought Beazley at the time would have cantered through. Anyway, Latham is a big loss to Labour, not as PM, but as a parliamentarian. He is so incisive, reminds you of Keating, I think even better than Keating. He is very intelligent and makes forceful arguments as he has done here. I recall the debate he had against Howard where he almost demolished him and Howard had to express thanks that the worm does not vote. I think the other side must be thankful they don't have to deal with Latham any more, and I suspect some on his own side are too.Terrence Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 12:50 PM
I trust the Taxation Department will be knocking on Mr Damned Obeid's door and the also the doors of his family and extended family to seriously and professionally recover a huge amount of unpaid taxation. But, sadly, we do still have a failed labor party government at the National level. I rest my case in disgust!Audrey Wilson Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:02 PM
You are absolutely correct Peter with your helpful posting here! Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is nothing but an obstinate, self aggrandising fool who failed in private enterprise and then hopped on the political bandwagon. She should have never ever been accepted into the labor rotten now defunct party. The numbers men in it have a lot to account for. But they can get stuffed as the right thinking voter shall do the number on her and her rotten comrades. I rest my case.Bill T Abrahams B.Ec Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:38 PM
Yes I understand Mark Latham, the motor mouth who failed, but yet would have been a better PM that foul mouthed Rudd and the liar Gillard, did have a handle in putting the soccer ball headed clown and dancing man, Peter Garrett into our federal parliament on a massive salary and for what! For abject stuff ups and raw incompetence.Sandra M Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:31 PM
I have a suspicion that Mark Latham did the same thing by electing Peter Garrett into the Labor Team...Would I be correct in assuming that?..
And, Peter, I must say that I like your comment re Julia "putting more knives in peoples backs than a circus knife thrower"...SO TRUE!!!CARMEN Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:24 PM
What southerners do not know is that, by Julia Gillard selecting Nova Peris, Marion Scryngmor was rejected as she had put her name up for the senate ticket. Like Nova Peris, Marion is both female and indigenous but, unlike Nova, marion has been a tireless, hard working member of the Labor Party in the Northern Territory for years.
With that in mind, now tell me that this wasn't more about politics than trying to get a good female inigenous candidate into the Senate.
Clearly Julia Gillard does not care what the NT thinks, she only wants to impress the southerners who do not know the real facts.
What a disgrace.Peter of Darwin Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 1:11 PM