- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
Latham on celebrity candidate MPs
Getting behind the news and behind the political party machine. Paul Murray speaks with former Labor Opposition Leader Mark Latham about picking celebrity MP candidates to run for the party at elections.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Oil reserves potentially worth more than $20 trillion discovered in South Australia. Paul Murray & Peter Bond of Linc Energy reveals it may be enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient fuel producer.
ICAC has uncovered documents that reveal Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid secretly has $3.4 million investments in a water company with an exclusive 25-year agreement with the O'Farrell government.
Gary Newman wrote a piece recently about Bernard Tomic where he compared him to Latham: "He's destined to become the Mark Latham of Australian sport - supremely talented but terminally unelectable." I thought his observation of Mark Latham was spot on. I did not vote for him. I thought Beazley at the time would have cantered through. Anyway, Latham is a big loss to Labour, not as PM, but as a parliamentarian. He is so incisive, reminds you of Keating, I think even better than Keating. He is very intelligent and makes forceful arguments as he has done here. I recall the debate he had against Howard where he almost demolished him and Howard had to express thanks that the worm does not vote. I think the other side must be thankful they don't have to deal with Latham any more, and I suspect some on his own side are too.Terrence Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 12:50 PM
I trust the Taxation Department will be knocking on Mr Damned Obeid's door and the also the doors of his family and extended family to seriously and professionally recover a huge amount of unpaid taxation. But, sadly, we do still have a failed labor party government at the National level. I rest my case in disgust!Audrey Wilson Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:02 PM
You are absolutely correct Peter with your helpful posting here! Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is nothing but an obstinate, self aggrandising fool who failed in private enterprise and then hopped on the political bandwagon. She should have never ever been accepted into the labor rotten now defunct party. The numbers men in it have a lot to account for. But they can get stuffed as the right thinking voter shall do the number on her and her rotten comrades. I rest my case.Bill T Abrahams B.Ec Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:38 PM
Yes I understand Mark Latham, the motor mouth who failed, but yet would have been a better PM that foul mouthed Rudd and the liar Gillard, did have a handle in putting the soccer ball headed clown and dancing man, Peter Garrett into our federal parliament on a massive salary and for what! For abject stuff ups and raw incompetence.Sandra M Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 8:31 PM
I have a suspicion that Mark Latham did the same thing by electing Peter Garrett into the Labor Team...Would I be correct in assuming that?..
And, Peter, I must say that I like your comment re Julia "putting more knives in peoples backs than a circus knife thrower"...SO TRUE!!!CARMEN Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 3:24 PM
What southerners do not know is that, by Julia Gillard selecting Nova Peris, Marion Scryngmor was rejected as she had put her name up for the senate ticket. Like Nova Peris, Marion is both female and indigenous but, unlike Nova, marion has been a tireless, hard working member of the Labor Party in the Northern Territory for years.
With that in mind, now tell me that this wasn't more about politics than trying to get a good female inigenous candidate into the Senate.
Clearly Julia Gillard does not care what the NT thinks, she only wants to impress the southerners who do not know the real facts.
What a disgrace.Peter of Darwin Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 1:11 PM