- Nth Sydney Council to be wound up?
- PM hasn't made the case for war?
- John & Garry on new MH370 theory
- Sydney's rising horror road accidents
- Safety cameras need a re-think?
- Jamie Soward on tight Panthers win
- MH370: Pilot crashed ghost plane?
- The Whisper: Counterfeit $50 notes
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
- G, Robertson on Revenue rise in speed cameras Very selective use of words in this conversation. You have to look at where the newer camera locations are to bring this ... more
- molly on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque According to a study, 73% of all Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands are of the opinion that those who go to Syria to ... more
- Ben on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque That is stupid.First of all it will be impossible to legally do and secondly it will only serve to make the flag more ... more
Latham on Tony Abbott's diplomacy
Paul Murray & Mark Latham on the Indonesian visit of Tony Abbott. Why he didn't raise turning boats around policy? Why is he scared to talk about it with the one person who would implement the arrangements.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard speaking out about Tony Abbott not discussing his plan to turn back refugee boats to Indonesia with the nation's president because he knows it won't happen.
Prime Minister Gillard announced on a visit to New Delhi, Sachin Tendulkar would receive an Order of Australia. Gary Hardgraves tells Paul Murray it is designed to make Australian Indian community like the Prime Minister.
Hey Terrence Latham didnt "deal with Shane Stone" he just abused him, shouted over the top as you can when you are in the studio and control the microphone for having the temerity to point out Latham was wrong, Stone would eat this bloke for breakfast.Henry Lawson Sunday 21 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Gillard, her cohorts, including ex cohorts in the personage of Mark Latham are yesterdays political has beens. They are not worth 20 cents in my view and the track record of these utterly useless pair of knuckleheads is well documented and available for all to see. How long does this Gillard failure expect to remain as the dunce of our country! Amen.Justin Friday 19 October, 2012 - 9:33 PM
Thanks Paul Murray for such a lively show. One thing with Latham, love him or loathe him, he is never boring. I don't agree with a lot of things he says but since becoming a commentator he is freer to speak his mind without worrying about party positions and sometimes he does hit the nail on the head; at other times he functions as a loose canon. If Labour had not chosen him to be their leader he would still be in the parliament today regularly tormenting the other side in the way he just dealt with Shane Stone.
I don't agree with his view that 'turning the boat' is the solution. Nor do I think Tony Abbott does either. Abbott has adopted this approach not out of conviction but as a populist slogan that appeals to a lot of rednecks. However, the point Latham was making, which was lost on party stooges, is that there is a big contradiction in Abbott's talk and action.
Lastly, thanks to Paul Murray for a bit more balance these days. I know even such mild criticisms or scrutiny of Abbott is intolerable for Lieberal party stooges. For them balance means you have to condemn the other side all the way and abuse them and not raise any questions about their own side of politics. This is why the standard of discourse has deteriorated so much with them.Terrence Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:51 PM
Sadly Mark Latham is dead right, well done Mark! Pussyfooting about, frightened Tony Abbott is not showing leadership or guts!! There is absolutely no point in turning around the boats, when Australia obviously must simply just, as the Indonesian President, General Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono advises "get the sugar off the table" the problem then is so easily solved, the boats will cease. Abbott needs to wake up to himself and throw all of his useless uni-degrees into the garbage bin and apply some common sense or get Barnaby Joyce's good advice.JuLiar Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 7:57 PM
What is the deal with Mark Latham? Has he been offered the seat on the Security Council if the Labor Government get it?
I have never seen such a turn around in opinion. One moment he hates the labor party and now he has embraced them like a "conga line of ....holes".
Mark firmly believes that Tony Abbott should have raised turning back the boats with the Indonesian President but he is totally silent about what he believes Julia Gillard should do?
If you believe that turning back the boats is a great idea, why aren't you also attacking the Gillard government. oh, that's right - future work.
Paul Murray - I expected a lot more balance from you.Peter of Larrakeyah Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 5:15 PM