- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Latham on Tony Abbott's diplomacy
Paul Murray & Mark Latham on the Indonesian visit of Tony Abbott. Why he didn't raise turning boats around policy? Why is he scared to talk about it with the one person who would implement the arrangements.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard speaking out about Tony Abbott not discussing his plan to turn back refugee boats to Indonesia with the nation's president because he knows it won't happen.
Prime Minister Gillard announced on a visit to New Delhi, Sachin Tendulkar would receive an Order of Australia. Gary Hardgraves tells Paul Murray it is designed to make Australian Indian community like the Prime Minister.
Hey Terrence Latham didnt "deal with Shane Stone" he just abused him, shouted over the top as you can when you are in the studio and control the microphone for having the temerity to point out Latham was wrong, Stone would eat this bloke for breakfast.Henry Lawson Sunday 21 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Gillard, her cohorts, including ex cohorts in the personage of Mark Latham are yesterdays political has beens. They are not worth 20 cents in my view and the track record of these utterly useless pair of knuckleheads is well documented and available for all to see. How long does this Gillard failure expect to remain as the dunce of our country! Amen.Justin Friday 19 October, 2012 - 9:33 PM
Thanks Paul Murray for such a lively show. One thing with Latham, love him or loathe him, he is never boring. I don't agree with a lot of things he says but since becoming a commentator he is freer to speak his mind without worrying about party positions and sometimes he does hit the nail on the head; at other times he functions as a loose canon. If Labour had not chosen him to be their leader he would still be in the parliament today regularly tormenting the other side in the way he just dealt with Shane Stone.
I don't agree with his view that 'turning the boat' is the solution. Nor do I think Tony Abbott does either. Abbott has adopted this approach not out of conviction but as a populist slogan that appeals to a lot of rednecks. However, the point Latham was making, which was lost on party stooges, is that there is a big contradiction in Abbott's talk and action.
Lastly, thanks to Paul Murray for a bit more balance these days. I know even such mild criticisms or scrutiny of Abbott is intolerable for Lieberal party stooges. For them balance means you have to condemn the other side all the way and abuse them and not raise any questions about their own side of politics. This is why the standard of discourse has deteriorated so much with them.Terrence Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:51 PM
Sadly Mark Latham is dead right, well done Mark! Pussyfooting about, frightened Tony Abbott is not showing leadership or guts!! There is absolutely no point in turning around the boats, when Australia obviously must simply just, as the Indonesian President, General Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono advises "get the sugar off the table" the problem then is so easily solved, the boats will cease. Abbott needs to wake up to himself and throw all of his useless uni-degrees into the garbage bin and apply some common sense or get Barnaby Joyce's good advice.JuLiar Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 7:57 PM
What is the deal with Mark Latham? Has he been offered the seat on the Security Council if the Labor Government get it?
I have never seen such a turn around in opinion. One moment he hates the labor party and now he has embraced them like a "conga line of ....holes".
Mark firmly believes that Tony Abbott should have raised turning back the boats with the Indonesian President but he is totally silent about what he believes Julia Gillard should do?
If you believe that turning back the boats is a great idea, why aren't you also attacking the Gillard government. oh, that's right - future work.
Paul Murray - I expected a lot more balance from you.Peter of Larrakeyah Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 5:15 PM