- Was John Howard our best PM?
- Light rail to service Greater West
- Is terrorism behind missing plane?
- Will Crimea be engulfed in war?
- Why is Sydney so expensive?
- Leo Sayer: why he became an Aussie
- Bees buzzing all over Sydney's CBD?
- Ok to leave baby behind on holidays?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
Latham on Tony Abbott's diplomacy
Paul Murray & Mark Latham on the Indonesian visit of Tony Abbott. Why he didn't raise turning boats around policy? Why is he scared to talk about it with the one person who would implement the arrangements.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard speaking out about Tony Abbott not discussing his plan to turn back refugee boats to Indonesia with the nation's president because he knows it won't happen.
Prime Minister Gillard announced on a visit to New Delhi, Sachin Tendulkar would receive an Order of Australia. Gary Hardgraves tells Paul Murray it is designed to make Australian Indian community like the Prime Minister.
Hey Terrence Latham didnt "deal with Shane Stone" he just abused him, shouted over the top as you can when you are in the studio and control the microphone for having the temerity to point out Latham was wrong, Stone would eat this bloke for breakfast.Henry Lawson Sunday 21 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Gillard, her cohorts, including ex cohorts in the personage of Mark Latham are yesterdays political has beens. They are not worth 20 cents in my view and the track record of these utterly useless pair of knuckleheads is well documented and available for all to see. How long does this Gillard failure expect to remain as the dunce of our country! Amen.Justin Friday 19 October, 2012 - 9:33 PM
Thanks Paul Murray for such a lively show. One thing with Latham, love him or loathe him, he is never boring. I don't agree with a lot of things he says but since becoming a commentator he is freer to speak his mind without worrying about party positions and sometimes he does hit the nail on the head; at other times he functions as a loose canon. If Labour had not chosen him to be their leader he would still be in the parliament today regularly tormenting the other side in the way he just dealt with Shane Stone.
I don't agree with his view that 'turning the boat' is the solution. Nor do I think Tony Abbott does either. Abbott has adopted this approach not out of conviction but as a populist slogan that appeals to a lot of rednecks. However, the point Latham was making, which was lost on party stooges, is that there is a big contradiction in Abbott's talk and action.
Lastly, thanks to Paul Murray for a bit more balance these days. I know even such mild criticisms or scrutiny of Abbott is intolerable for Lieberal party stooges. For them balance means you have to condemn the other side all the way and abuse them and not raise any questions about their own side of politics. This is why the standard of discourse has deteriorated so much with them.Terrence Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:51 PM
Sadly Mark Latham is dead right, well done Mark! Pussyfooting about, frightened Tony Abbott is not showing leadership or guts!! There is absolutely no point in turning around the boats, when Australia obviously must simply just, as the Indonesian President, General Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono advises "get the sugar off the table" the problem then is so easily solved, the boats will cease. Abbott needs to wake up to himself and throw all of his useless uni-degrees into the garbage bin and apply some common sense or get Barnaby Joyce's good advice.JuLiar Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 7:57 PM
What is the deal with Mark Latham? Has he been offered the seat on the Security Council if the Labor Government get it?
I have never seen such a turn around in opinion. One moment he hates the labor party and now he has embraced them like a "conga line of ....holes".
Mark firmly believes that Tony Abbott should have raised turning back the boats with the Indonesian President but he is totally silent about what he believes Julia Gillard should do?
If you believe that turning back the boats is a great idea, why aren't you also attacking the Gillard government. oh, that's right - future work.
Paul Murray - I expected a lot more balance from you.Peter of Larrakeyah Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 5:15 PM