- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- Court delay on Roger Rogerson case
- MH17: Putin behind the attack?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Latham on Tony Abbott's diplomacy
Paul Murray & Mark Latham on the Indonesian visit of Tony Abbott. Why he didn't raise turning boats around policy? Why is he scared to talk about it with the one person who would implement the arrangements.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard speaking out about Tony Abbott not discussing his plan to turn back refugee boats to Indonesia with the nation's president because he knows it won't happen.
Prime Minister Gillard announced on a visit to New Delhi, Sachin Tendulkar would receive an Order of Australia. Gary Hardgraves tells Paul Murray it is designed to make Australian Indian community like the Prime Minister.
Hey Terrence Latham didnt "deal with Shane Stone" he just abused him, shouted over the top as you can when you are in the studio and control the microphone for having the temerity to point out Latham was wrong, Stone would eat this bloke for breakfast.Henry Lawson Sunday 21 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Gillard, her cohorts, including ex cohorts in the personage of Mark Latham are yesterdays political has beens. They are not worth 20 cents in my view and the track record of these utterly useless pair of knuckleheads is well documented and available for all to see. How long does this Gillard failure expect to remain as the dunce of our country! Amen.Justin Friday 19 October, 2012 - 9:33 PM
Thanks Paul Murray for such a lively show. One thing with Latham, love him or loathe him, he is never boring. I don't agree with a lot of things he says but since becoming a commentator he is freer to speak his mind without worrying about party positions and sometimes he does hit the nail on the head; at other times he functions as a loose canon. If Labour had not chosen him to be their leader he would still be in the parliament today regularly tormenting the other side in the way he just dealt with Shane Stone.
I don't agree with his view that 'turning the boat' is the solution. Nor do I think Tony Abbott does either. Abbott has adopted this approach not out of conviction but as a populist slogan that appeals to a lot of rednecks. However, the point Latham was making, which was lost on party stooges, is that there is a big contradiction in Abbott's talk and action.
Lastly, thanks to Paul Murray for a bit more balance these days. I know even such mild criticisms or scrutiny of Abbott is intolerable for Lieberal party stooges. For them balance means you have to condemn the other side all the way and abuse them and not raise any questions about their own side of politics. This is why the standard of discourse has deteriorated so much with them.Terrence Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:51 PM
Sadly Mark Latham is dead right, well done Mark! Pussyfooting about, frightened Tony Abbott is not showing leadership or guts!! There is absolutely no point in turning around the boats, when Australia obviously must simply just, as the Indonesian President, General Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono advises "get the sugar off the table" the problem then is so easily solved, the boats will cease. Abbott needs to wake up to himself and throw all of his useless uni-degrees into the garbage bin and apply some common sense or get Barnaby Joyce's good advice.JuLiar Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 7:57 PM
What is the deal with Mark Latham? Has he been offered the seat on the Security Council if the Labor Government get it?
I have never seen such a turn around in opinion. One moment he hates the labor party and now he has embraced them like a "conga line of ....holes".
Mark firmly believes that Tony Abbott should have raised turning back the boats with the Indonesian President but he is totally silent about what he believes Julia Gillard should do?
If you believe that turning back the boats is a great idea, why aren't you also attacking the Gillard government. oh, that's right - future work.
Paul Murray - I expected a lot more balance from you.Peter of Larrakeyah Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 5:15 PM