- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
Losing our land to foreign ownership
Time to stop talking, and start acting on the amount of foreign ownership taking our farms and industry. Jason Morrison looks at the fight farmers have undertaken as frustration boils over at inaction by politicians.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Jason Morrison is calling for more fairness when it comes to speed limits in work zones on our roads. Too often we see the speed limit lowered at times when no work is being done, and that causes driver frustration.
A report has found 2,000 Australians take their own lives every year. Professor Ian Hickey from the Brain and Mind Institute has told Paul Murray Australia has a poor record on delivering mental health care.
@Robert, it is very convenient of you to point to others as "foreigners" now and take an intolerant attitude towards them. You have benefitted from our system and our hospitality and our great country has made it all possible for you and many others through all these years under different governments. Obviously, you don't like our system and our fair go culture. So perhaps you should move elsewhere where rednecks are in more demand, e.g Hungary or Greece perhaps.Franco Monday 3 December, 2012 - 10:10 PM
Robert, obviously those farmers that have taken the foreigners' money don't share your views.James W Monday 3 December, 2012 - 11:28 AM
@Franco. Thanks for the communistic and rather pathetic "we were all foriegners once" line. Guess what?? We stopped being foreigners over a hundred years ago. This country is ours now and we dont like selling out to people who are NOT our people. MANY of us still believe in the importance of National Sovereignty. The commie education system and the lefty media havent effectively brainwashed enough people to make us think otherwise and thank goodness for that!Robert Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:14 AM
I don't what they mean by "foreigners"? We were all foreigners here, except for the aboriginals. Many of us bought land and properties here, most of us paid taxes, and in due course we became Aussies. Some people are trying to make this a partisan issue to try to appeal to rednecks. I should point out that the Nationals and Liberals don't have the same view on this either.Franco Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:19 PM
@goodness luke don't blame the "banks love money" like who doesn't love money? Blame the traitorous Labor Gillard global govt. who are clearly selling Australia out, getting organised for the corrupt UN global governance. ie Labor's fraudulent carbon dioxide global warming tax, our tax money for the untrustworthy U.N.Karen J. Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:24 PM
Its called TREASON plain and simple and the politicians responsible must pay one day!Robert Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:40 PM