- Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign?
- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Manglish: new buzz words of 2011
What were the worst words and phrases we all had to endure this year from politicians, corporations and government agencies, and especially the teenagers? Manglish is the mashing up of everyday phrases.
Dr Neil James, Executive Director of the Plain English Foundation and Author of Manglish speaks with 2UE’s Peter Berner & David Prior of the new and invented buzz words of 2011.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
'Its sustainable' is another one that gives me corns in the ears. And rank incompetent Gillard's - 'it's the right thing to dooooooo' makes me feel ill.Sam Tuesday 3 January, 2012 - 8:20 AM
Like, yeah going forward!Keep children safe, keep them off the roads! Friday 30 December, 2011 - 8:46 PM
Tell-tale, "At the end of the day" is usually just a misleading politician's end-justification for something ominous, being forced onto the upset, helpless electorate. i.e. uncontrolled, skyrocketing electricity prices 'at the end of the day' we will be better-off with the carbon tax. At the beginning of the day, they can all get stuffed.Jerry Friday 30 December, 2011 - 6:33 PM
Robert, and I thought I was one of few, but ateotoday,
I see your nerves are a tad grated too
SandraSandra Thursday 29 December, 2011 - 2:51 PM
'All things being equal' and 'It's the right thing to dooo' - are worn out Jul-liar Gillard phrases I keep hearing and they give me gastro-enteritis!Justin J Wednesday 21 December, 2011 - 5:19 PM
The best use of 'manglish' which is not only the mixing up of words and phrases but the use of useless words and tautology! Madame Jul-liar takes the cake with her recent garbled speech in which she referred to her utterly incompetent, failed, wasteful minority 'government' as "we are us".Sam Wednesday 21 December, 2011 - 6:31 AM