- Tradies charge by Sydney suburb?
- Ice: the 'worst of the worst' drugs
- Damning report into insulation scheme
- Sydney's 5th season, Sprinter?
- Proposal with a $1million donation
- Terror threat: alert not alarmed?
- Standard starting age at schools
- What's the future for Qantas?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
Manglish: new buzz words of 2011
What were the worst words and phrases we all had to endure this year from politicians, corporations and government agencies, and especially the teenagers? Manglish is the mashing up of everyday phrases.
Dr Neil James, Executive Director of the Plain English Foundation and Author of Manglish speaks with 2UE’s Peter Berner & David Prior of the new and invented buzz words of 2011.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
'Its sustainable' is another one that gives me corns in the ears. And rank incompetent Gillard's - 'it's the right thing to dooooooo' makes me feel ill.Sam Tuesday 3 January, 2012 - 8:20 AM
Like, yeah going forward!Keep children safe, keep them off the roads! Friday 30 December, 2011 - 8:46 PM
Tell-tale, "At the end of the day" is usually just a misleading politician's end-justification for something ominous, being forced onto the upset, helpless electorate. i.e. uncontrolled, skyrocketing electricity prices 'at the end of the day' we will be better-off with the carbon tax. At the beginning of the day, they can all get stuffed.Jerry Friday 30 December, 2011 - 6:33 PM
Robert, and I thought I was one of few, but ateotoday,
I see your nerves are a tad grated too
SandraSandra Thursday 29 December, 2011 - 2:51 PM
'All things being equal' and 'It's the right thing to dooo' - are worn out Jul-liar Gillard phrases I keep hearing and they give me gastro-enteritis!Justin J Wednesday 21 December, 2011 - 5:19 PM
The best use of 'manglish' which is not only the mixing up of words and phrases but the use of useless words and tautology! Madame Jul-liar takes the cake with her recent garbled speech in which she referred to her utterly incompetent, failed, wasteful minority 'government' as "we are us".Sam Wednesday 21 December, 2011 - 6:31 AM