- Millers Point sales shock investors
- Redfoo shocked at glass attack
- Hawke-Keating: who was better PM?
- Qantas loss of $2.84 billion
- Gatecrashers causing party chaos
- Sydney Putt Putt sold out to Chinese
- Stopping fighters heading overseas
- New NBN plan to save $16 billion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
Mid-East rocket attacks condemned
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
The White House says it's in close contact with Israel about its military campaign into the Hamas-controlled territory, in a conflict that officials say has killed 16 Palestinians and three Israelis.
The United States, Israel's closest ally, has strongly condemned the barrage of rocket fire from Gaza into Israel, and regrets the death and injury of innocent Israeli and Palestinian civilians caused by the ensuing violence.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says they will not tolerate ongoing attacks.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has condemned attacks on Israel, as tensions rise with Palestinians on the Gaza Strip, as Francis Keany reports from Canberra.
Developer of a cervical cancer vaccine says he's heartened the drug has led to a plunge in diagnosis rates. Prof. Ian Frazer tells Jason Morrison it's partly due to the success of the way the vaccine was rolled out.
Thousands of people have joined in the #ThingsMorePopularThanAbbott twitter trend. David Oldfield asks social media expert Mark Pearson if it is harmless fun or offensive trolling.
I know a lot of people are frustrated that media and governments in western countries seem to be biased against the oppressed - the Palestinians - who have lost so much since the west created a zionist state on their lands.
To me though, it is very simple. The western powers were 100% complicit in dispossessing the Palestinians; Britain was the main culprit. For this very reason, these same western govts have no option but to defend what they did, so they use all their powers to perpetuate the occupation and the US plays the main role in this regard.Terrence Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:51 PM
I think its a printing mistake, shouldn't Gillard condemn Israel and not Palestine.
Israel is the one with hundreds of nukes, Israel is the one that has illegally occupies Palestine, Israel is the one that keeps building settlements, Israel is the one that bombs hospital and red cross, Israel is the one that o bombs pregnant women and the western nations, Israel is the one that breaks most UN resolutions!!
I am confused.susie jarvis Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 2:34 PM
Its time for laughing boy to show the world what he showed Gillard. He was an amusing clown in his first term but now the entire world is bemused. He must now make decisions that will effect the national and financial security of America immediately and for the foreseeable future. The decisions are difficult ones. They will have some downsides. However those decisions are long overdue and each day they are delayed they will become more difficult and the associated problems will become more acute. The decisions will take courage. Goolies. However that is of course the job of president. Courage is expected. Soon it will be demanded. Personally I dont think he has got it in him. The power to control America must be taken back from the minority of a couple of million and restored to the majority of a couple of hundred million. Loose the stranglehold of Israel over America or loose the remaining allies. The clock is running. The countdown has begun.Man Up or Crawl Away Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 10:57 AM
@Media Mercenaries is right on here. The [hypocrites] elitist green Labor media have become the exacerbating problem and certainly not the meditating solution, these radical lying, omitting scumbag lefties in the media have a lot to answer for!!!! They will soon be gnashing at their false teeth, squealing like baby pigs while the enemy butt strokes them, these traitors have done the damage and there are obviously horrible consequences coming. Lest We Forget!Earle Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:58 PM
You own a house, an intruder enters the house with force and influence of prominent institutions and takes over most of the house and gives you an a small toilet.
Later the intruder tells you to remain in the toilet and not leave it at any cost, when you try to leave it, it creates blockade. When you try to fight for your house, the intruder calls you a terrorist and throws bombs at you and says it has a right to defend itself.
However your rights dont exist, you have no right to defend your house and your family.
Israel is that intruder, USA and most of the western and European nations are the influencing organisations that support the intruder and the toilet is Gazaa and the people in it are the Palestinans.
Let the so called civlised world hang its head in shame and including the pathetic and immoral media who appease the intruder.yusuf Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:21 PM
Today I have nothing but contempt for the mainstream media. Now you will get your Iran war. Probably in time for Christmas. You had the knowledge and the ability to stop it but you did not. The people rely on the media to act on their behalf and prevent such events but you rarely do. You are the only facility with the power to stop such events but you nearly always seek personal and corporate reward over truth and justice. You use the events and associated words to generate an offer to change your perspective and toe the line and when that is given you surrender your integrity and do as you are told. The Iran war will escalate and no other nation will be at greater risk of annihilation than Australia. I have spent years attempting to inspire courage and public debate driven by the media because the following events were completely predictable. Unfortunately the courage and integrity does not appear to exist in any quantity within the media. Enjoy your war and your blood money while they last. I apologise to the minority of decent people who work within the media and seek the same outcome for any adverse association.Media Mercenaries Friday 16 November, 2012 - 1:33 PM