- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Mid-East rocket attacks condemned
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
The White House says it's in close contact with Israel about its military campaign into the Hamas-controlled territory, in a conflict that officials say has killed 16 Palestinians and three Israelis.
The United States, Israel's closest ally, has strongly condemned the barrage of rocket fire from Gaza into Israel, and regrets the death and injury of innocent Israeli and Palestinian civilians caused by the ensuing violence.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says they will not tolerate ongoing attacks.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has condemned attacks on Israel, as tensions rise with Palestinians on the Gaza Strip, as Francis Keany reports from Canberra.
Developer of a cervical cancer vaccine says he's heartened the drug has led to a plunge in diagnosis rates. Prof. Ian Frazer tells Jason Morrison it's partly due to the success of the way the vaccine was rolled out.
Thousands of people have joined in the #ThingsMorePopularThanAbbott twitter trend. David Oldfield asks social media expert Mark Pearson if it is harmless fun or offensive trolling.
I know a lot of people are frustrated that media and governments in western countries seem to be biased against the oppressed - the Palestinians - who have lost so much since the west created a zionist state on their lands.
To me though, it is very simple. The western powers were 100% complicit in dispossessing the Palestinians; Britain was the main culprit. For this very reason, these same western govts have no option but to defend what they did, so they use all their powers to perpetuate the occupation and the US plays the main role in this regard.Terrence Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:51 PM
I think its a printing mistake, shouldn't Gillard condemn Israel and not Palestine.
Israel is the one with hundreds of nukes, Israel is the one that has illegally occupies Palestine, Israel is the one that keeps building settlements, Israel is the one that bombs hospital and red cross, Israel is the one that o bombs pregnant women and the western nations, Israel is the one that breaks most UN resolutions!!
I am confused.susie jarvis Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 2:34 PM
Its time for laughing boy to show the world what he showed Gillard. He was an amusing clown in his first term but now the entire world is bemused. He must now make decisions that will effect the national and financial security of America immediately and for the foreseeable future. The decisions are difficult ones. They will have some downsides. However those decisions are long overdue and each day they are delayed they will become more difficult and the associated problems will become more acute. The decisions will take courage. Goolies. However that is of course the job of president. Courage is expected. Soon it will be demanded. Personally I dont think he has got it in him. The power to control America must be taken back from the minority of a couple of million and restored to the majority of a couple of hundred million. Loose the stranglehold of Israel over America or loose the remaining allies. The clock is running. The countdown has begun.Man Up or Crawl Away Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 10:57 AM
@Media Mercenaries is right on here. The [hypocrites] elitist green Labor media have become the exacerbating problem and certainly not the meditating solution, these radical lying, omitting scumbag lefties in the media have a lot to answer for!!!! They will soon be gnashing at their false teeth, squealing like baby pigs while the enemy butt strokes them, these traitors have done the damage and there are obviously horrible consequences coming. Lest We Forget!Earle Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:58 PM
You own a house, an intruder enters the house with force and influence of prominent institutions and takes over most of the house and gives you an a small toilet.
Later the intruder tells you to remain in the toilet and not leave it at any cost, when you try to leave it, it creates blockade. When you try to fight for your house, the intruder calls you a terrorist and throws bombs at you and says it has a right to defend itself.
However your rights dont exist, you have no right to defend your house and your family.
Israel is that intruder, USA and most of the western and European nations are the influencing organisations that support the intruder and the toilet is Gazaa and the people in it are the Palestinans.
Let the so called civlised world hang its head in shame and including the pathetic and immoral media who appease the intruder.yusuf Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:21 PM
Today I have nothing but contempt for the mainstream media. Now you will get your Iran war. Probably in time for Christmas. You had the knowledge and the ability to stop it but you did not. The people rely on the media to act on their behalf and prevent such events but you rarely do. You are the only facility with the power to stop such events but you nearly always seek personal and corporate reward over truth and justice. You use the events and associated words to generate an offer to change your perspective and toe the line and when that is given you surrender your integrity and do as you are told. The Iran war will escalate and no other nation will be at greater risk of annihilation than Australia. I have spent years attempting to inspire courage and public debate driven by the media because the following events were completely predictable. Unfortunately the courage and integrity does not appear to exist in any quantity within the media. Enjoy your war and your blood money while they last. I apologise to the minority of decent people who work within the media and seek the same outcome for any adverse association.Media Mercenaries Friday 16 November, 2012 - 1:33 PM