- Lyndey Milan: A Taste of Australia
- Putin threatens he can take Kiev
- Sarah Snook: Predestination
- Leaked celeb nude photo scandal
- Drugs: treatment over punishment?
- Homebush Bay Bridge connection
- How to find your credit score
- Minster issues warning to councils
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Qantas loss of $2.84 billion Qantas is a hard fix. The next 12 months will be vital. For all the expenditure etc they still have poor service. I don't ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? You jest. This is mythology. We have had a succession of PMs who have placed self preservation ahead of public interest. ... more
- Craig on Taxpayers lose to black economy Don't steal the Government hates the competition. more
Mid-East rocket attacks condemned
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
The White House says it's in close contact with Israel about its military campaign into the Hamas-controlled territory, in a conflict that officials say has killed 16 Palestinians and three Israelis.
The United States, Israel's closest ally, has strongly condemned the barrage of rocket fire from Gaza into Israel, and regrets the death and injury of innocent Israeli and Palestinian civilians caused by the ensuing violence.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says they will not tolerate ongoing attacks.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has condemned attacks on Israel, as tensions rise with Palestinians on the Gaza Strip, as Francis Keany reports from Canberra.
Developer of a cervical cancer vaccine says he's heartened the drug has led to a plunge in diagnosis rates. Prof. Ian Frazer tells Jason Morrison it's partly due to the success of the way the vaccine was rolled out.
Thousands of people have joined in the #ThingsMorePopularThanAbbott twitter trend. David Oldfield asks social media expert Mark Pearson if it is harmless fun or offensive trolling.
I know a lot of people are frustrated that media and governments in western countries seem to be biased against the oppressed - the Palestinians - who have lost so much since the west created a zionist state on their lands.
To me though, it is very simple. The western powers were 100% complicit in dispossessing the Palestinians; Britain was the main culprit. For this very reason, these same western govts have no option but to defend what they did, so they use all their powers to perpetuate the occupation and the US plays the main role in this regard.Terrence Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:51 PM
I think its a printing mistake, shouldn't Gillard condemn Israel and not Palestine.
Israel is the one with hundreds of nukes, Israel is the one that has illegally occupies Palestine, Israel is the one that keeps building settlements, Israel is the one that bombs hospital and red cross, Israel is the one that o bombs pregnant women and the western nations, Israel is the one that breaks most UN resolutions!!
I am confused.susie jarvis Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 2:34 PM
Its time for laughing boy to show the world what he showed Gillard. He was an amusing clown in his first term but now the entire world is bemused. He must now make decisions that will effect the national and financial security of America immediately and for the foreseeable future. The decisions are difficult ones. They will have some downsides. However those decisions are long overdue and each day they are delayed they will become more difficult and the associated problems will become more acute. The decisions will take courage. Goolies. However that is of course the job of president. Courage is expected. Soon it will be demanded. Personally I dont think he has got it in him. The power to control America must be taken back from the minority of a couple of million and restored to the majority of a couple of hundred million. Loose the stranglehold of Israel over America or loose the remaining allies. The clock is running. The countdown has begun.Man Up or Crawl Away Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 10:57 AM
@Media Mercenaries is right on here. The [hypocrites] elitist green Labor media have become the exacerbating problem and certainly not the meditating solution, these radical lying, omitting scumbag lefties in the media have a lot to answer for!!!! They will soon be gnashing at their false teeth, squealing like baby pigs while the enemy butt strokes them, these traitors have done the damage and there are obviously horrible consequences coming. Lest We Forget!Earle Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:58 PM
You own a house, an intruder enters the house with force and influence of prominent institutions and takes over most of the house and gives you an a small toilet.
Later the intruder tells you to remain in the toilet and not leave it at any cost, when you try to leave it, it creates blockade. When you try to fight for your house, the intruder calls you a terrorist and throws bombs at you and says it has a right to defend itself.
However your rights dont exist, you have no right to defend your house and your family.
Israel is that intruder, USA and most of the western and European nations are the influencing organisations that support the intruder and the toilet is Gazaa and the people in it are the Palestinans.
Let the so called civlised world hang its head in shame and including the pathetic and immoral media who appease the intruder.yusuf Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:21 PM
Today I have nothing but contempt for the mainstream media. Now you will get your Iran war. Probably in time for Christmas. You had the knowledge and the ability to stop it but you did not. The people rely on the media to act on their behalf and prevent such events but you rarely do. You are the only facility with the power to stop such events but you nearly always seek personal and corporate reward over truth and justice. You use the events and associated words to generate an offer to change your perspective and toe the line and when that is given you surrender your integrity and do as you are told. The Iran war will escalate and no other nation will be at greater risk of annihilation than Australia. I have spent years attempting to inspire courage and public debate driven by the media because the following events were completely predictable. Unfortunately the courage and integrity does not appear to exist in any quantity within the media. Enjoy your war and your blood money while they last. I apologise to the minority of decent people who work within the media and seek the same outcome for any adverse association.Media Mercenaries Friday 16 November, 2012 - 1:33 PM