- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Millions on flights for illegal arrivals
The Coalition has pounced on figures showing more than $6-million a month is being spent on ferrying illegal arrivals around the country. That compares to just $4-million for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
But Immigration Minister Chris Bowen says most of the cost is coming from implementing offshore processing, which the Opposition pushed for.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Opposition has sought to link the Gillard Government's promised budget surplus to its border protection failures
New figures show Labor is spending $6-million a month to transfer asylum seekers to Nauru or Papua New Guinea, putting further pressure to get the budget back in the black by next year
Opposition leader Tony Abbott maintains the Government has squandered taxpayer dollars and won't achieve its surplus.
Electricity companies are cold calling people, urging them to switch providers. John Stanley looks at the pressure being placed on people to switch, and just what your rights are as a consumer.
Tasmanian conservationist Miranda Gibson filmed the snow falling in the upper canopy of the forest, on her 100th day at the top of an old growth tree. Tim & Tracey speak with her, a year on in the wilderness.
Those lying damaging atheists, that opposing, anti-Christian Labor government are a living nightmare for all Australians of good character and integrity!! A Holy Christmas and a very Happy New Year in 2013 to all those good Aussies and their very worried families. A happy new year without this disgusting, in your face, rotten to the core Juliar Gillard and her so called "reform" Labor government. A deceitful, contemptuous and most arrogant Labor government who are seriously and actively hurting and permanently damaging our almost completely white-anted country. I rest my case...JULIARRR Monday 10 December, 2012 - 6:21 PM
It is common knowledge, that damned lying, twisting Labor inappropriately shutdown very successful Nauru and abolished the ever important TPV' s with both measures stopping the damned illegals! Labor have deliberately created a massive problem for Australians. And here we have that blatantly lying hypocrite and traitor of Australia, failed Labor Immigration Minister Chris Bowen with the bloody hide in trying to shift the blame ontoTony Abbott-Liberal. These traitorous Labor party of habitual liars, need to be charged with treason and put before a court.Andrea Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:20 PM