- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Millions on flights for illegal arrivals
The Coalition has pounced on figures showing more than $6-million a month is being spent on ferrying illegal arrivals around the country. That compares to just $4-million for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
But Immigration Minister Chris Bowen says most of the cost is coming from implementing offshore processing, which the Opposition pushed for.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Opposition has sought to link the Gillard Government's promised budget surplus to its border protection failures
New figures show Labor is spending $6-million a month to transfer asylum seekers to Nauru or Papua New Guinea, putting further pressure to get the budget back in the black by next year
Opposition leader Tony Abbott maintains the Government has squandered taxpayer dollars and won't achieve its surplus.
Electricity companies are cold calling people, urging them to switch providers. John Stanley looks at the pressure being placed on people to switch, and just what your rights are as a consumer.
Tasmanian conservationist Miranda Gibson filmed the snow falling in the upper canopy of the forest, on her 100th day at the top of an old growth tree. Tim & Tracey speak with her, a year on in the wilderness.
Those lying damaging atheists, that opposing, anti-Christian Labor government are a living nightmare for all Australians of good character and integrity!! A Holy Christmas and a very Happy New Year in 2013 to all those good Aussies and their very worried families. A happy new year without this disgusting, in your face, rotten to the core Juliar Gillard and her so called "reform" Labor government. A deceitful, contemptuous and most arrogant Labor government who are seriously and actively hurting and permanently damaging our almost completely white-anted country. I rest my case...JULIARRR Monday 10 December, 2012 - 6:21 PM
It is common knowledge, that damned lying, twisting Labor inappropriately shutdown very successful Nauru and abolished the ever important TPV' s with both measures stopping the damned illegals! Labor have deliberately created a massive problem for Australians. And here we have that blatantly lying hypocrite and traitor of Australia, failed Labor Immigration Minister Chris Bowen with the bloody hide in trying to shift the blame ontoTony Abbott-Liberal. These traitorous Labor party of habitual liars, need to be charged with treason and put before a court.Andrea Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:20 PM