- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
Minority politics is now a joke!
What a shame our politicians have descended into slanging matches over policy, unable to get important policy issues fixed. John Stanley looks at pokie reform and how minority politics has become a joke.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Minority politics is not a joke. However the minority politicians are a joke as they have little knowledge or respect for the realities of government for the benefit of Australia.David T. Monday 23 July, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Why is "gross hypocrisy" John Stanley again tarring diligent shining Tony Abbott-Liberal with the same filthy, failed Labor government brush?? Tony Abbott-Liberal are clearly Australia's only hope left before we go down the sink! Obviously all addicted "problem" gamblers, not just pokie-addicts need very serious, professional psychiatric treatment! Not a half-baked unworkable Andrew Wilkie gimmick that addicts will easily get around. I would ban all gambling who really needs it. Funny how timely Nathan Hindmarsh has got huge expensive $$$publicity all for free for his new book. No need to $pay for advertising now!Joker Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 5:56 PM
Thank you John Stanley for such a balanced presentation. You are probably the only 2UE talk show host who has not sold himself to the Liberal Party.
This was such a good policy and it would have done so much good for the community but Labour dumped it simply because they got scared. Even if they lost some votes most of us would have liked them to lose a few votes of those who support gambling, and come out in support of the country and community - just as they have shown with pricing on carbon and distributing our wealth through the MRRT and NDIS. While the Liberals are openly the party of big business, Labour it seems sometimes simply pretends not to be.Terrence Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Its beyond a joke.Robert Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 12:47 PM