- Fighting stops MH17 recovery
- Work for the dole doesn't work
- Sydney's glorious sunset
- Work for the dole gets mixed reaction
- Julie Bishop our next Prime Minister?
- Time for a three day weekend?
- Italian recipes from the heart
- Menzies: The man behind the myth
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Thank God for Tony Abbott. Imagine if Rudd the Dudd was still prime minister - he would be ringing Putin the Thug and ... more
- Keith A Tudor on PM polls are on the slide? Well said Sam and Tony! It is this breed of dole bludgers and others that want to live on government handouts fostered by ... more
- Tony on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? The only thing we can be assured of is that Rudd or Gillard were still in the hotseat, headless chooks would be handling the ... more
- Tony on Asylum seekers heading to mainland The traitorous illegal and economic chasing advocates and their equally foul legal soliciting brethren should open up their ... more
- COUNTRY SHOPPERS GALORE on Asylum seekers heading to mainland Asylum seekers or queue jumpers, economic country shoppers? We absolutely must protect our borders and nation's sovereignty. ... more
- NO GOD NO ATHEISTS... on Near death experiences all vivid What about the many saintly people who pass away and their bodies miraculously remain incorrupt, even after 100's of years. ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Well just look at the flip side, so perhaps we prefer silly willy to be the Prime Minister... more
- Samuel J on PM polls are on the slide? I believe these so called 'polls' are conducted in die-hard labor party electrotes hence the skewed outcome or abject lies. ... more
- Tony on PM polls are on the slide? It is obvious that the vast majority of Australians prefer wishy washy, cash giverway, leftist green brain dead governments, ... more
- JULIAR... on Earth missed catastrophe by a week Could this be the very beginning of Julia's anthropogenic global warming...quick, hurry up Tony, bring back the carbon tax. more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
Minority politics is now a joke!
What a shame our politicians have descended into slanging matches over policy, unable to get important policy issues fixed. John Stanley looks at pokie reform and how minority politics has become a joke.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Minority politics is not a joke. However the minority politicians are a joke as they have little knowledge or respect for the realities of government for the benefit of Australia.David T. Monday 23 July, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Why is "gross hypocrisy" John Stanley again tarring diligent shining Tony Abbott-Liberal with the same filthy, failed Labor government brush?? Tony Abbott-Liberal are clearly Australia's only hope left before we go down the sink! Obviously all addicted "problem" gamblers, not just pokie-addicts need very serious, professional psychiatric treatment! Not a half-baked unworkable Andrew Wilkie gimmick that addicts will easily get around. I would ban all gambling who really needs it. Funny how timely Nathan Hindmarsh has got huge expensive $$$publicity all for free for his new book. No need to $pay for advertising now!Joker Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 5:56 PM
Thank you John Stanley for such a balanced presentation. You are probably the only 2UE talk show host who has not sold himself to the Liberal Party.
This was such a good policy and it would have done so much good for the community but Labour dumped it simply because they got scared. Even if they lost some votes most of us would have liked them to lose a few votes of those who support gambling, and come out in support of the country and community - just as they have shown with pricing on carbon and distributing our wealth through the MRRT and NDIS. While the Liberals are openly the party of big business, Labour it seems sometimes simply pretends not to be.Terrence Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Its beyond a joke.Robert Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 12:47 PM