- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Minority politics is now a joke!
What a shame our politicians have descended into slanging matches over policy, unable to get important policy issues fixed. John Stanley looks at pokie reform and how minority politics has become a joke.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Minority politics is not a joke. However the minority politicians are a joke as they have little knowledge or respect for the realities of government for the benefit of Australia.David T. Monday 23 July, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Why is "gross hypocrisy" John Stanley again tarring diligent shining Tony Abbott-Liberal with the same filthy, failed Labor government brush?? Tony Abbott-Liberal are clearly Australia's only hope left before we go down the sink! Obviously all addicted "problem" gamblers, not just pokie-addicts need very serious, professional psychiatric treatment! Not a half-baked unworkable Andrew Wilkie gimmick that addicts will easily get around. I would ban all gambling who really needs it. Funny how timely Nathan Hindmarsh has got huge expensive $$$publicity all for free for his new book. No need to $pay for advertising now!Joker Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 5:56 PM
Thank you John Stanley for such a balanced presentation. You are probably the only 2UE talk show host who has not sold himself to the Liberal Party.
This was such a good policy and it would have done so much good for the community but Labour dumped it simply because they got scared. Even if they lost some votes most of us would have liked them to lose a few votes of those who support gambling, and come out in support of the country and community - just as they have shown with pricing on carbon and distributing our wealth through the MRRT and NDIS. While the Liberals are openly the party of big business, Labour it seems sometimes simply pretends not to be.Terrence Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Its beyond a joke.Robert Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 12:47 PM