- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Minority politics is now a joke!
What a shame our politicians have descended into slanging matches over policy, unable to get important policy issues fixed. John Stanley looks at pokie reform and how minority politics has become a joke.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Minority politics is not a joke. However the minority politicians are a joke as they have little knowledge or respect for the realities of government for the benefit of Australia.David T. Monday 23 July, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Why is "gross hypocrisy" John Stanley again tarring diligent shining Tony Abbott-Liberal with the same filthy, failed Labor government brush?? Tony Abbott-Liberal are clearly Australia's only hope left before we go down the sink! Obviously all addicted "problem" gamblers, not just pokie-addicts need very serious, professional psychiatric treatment! Not a half-baked unworkable Andrew Wilkie gimmick that addicts will easily get around. I would ban all gambling who really needs it. Funny how timely Nathan Hindmarsh has got huge expensive $$$publicity all for free for his new book. No need to $pay for advertising now!Joker Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 5:56 PM
Thank you John Stanley for such a balanced presentation. You are probably the only 2UE talk show host who has not sold himself to the Liberal Party.
This was such a good policy and it would have done so much good for the community but Labour dumped it simply because they got scared. Even if they lost some votes most of us would have liked them to lose a few votes of those who support gambling, and come out in support of the country and community - just as they have shown with pricing on carbon and distributing our wealth through the MRRT and NDIS. While the Liberals are openly the party of big business, Labour it seems sometimes simply pretends not to be.Terrence Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Its beyond a joke.Robert Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 12:47 PM