- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
More RSL clubs are closing down
Clovelly RSL could close on Sunday. So, what went wrong? Is it a sign of the times when we see more and more of our local RSL clubs closing? Paul Murray investigates the decline in the local RSL clubs.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Ever been left on hold? Would you wait 15 hours, 40 minutes and one second? Jason Morrison on customer service following a call that has everyone talking and Murray Wilton tests it out with two listeners on hold!
What's in a woman's handbag? Murray Wilton breaks the taboo of secret women's business and divulges what producer Maryann has in her bag, and why a handbag may be hazardous to a woman's health.
As the former president of the Bronte RSL Club Ltd we went through the same process as the Clovelly RSL. It is unfortunate the RSL sub-branches who own these properties do nothing to support their own clubs who stand up and recognise the RSL brand at 6pm every night when attending the Ode Of Remebrance. The irony of whole situation is that as tennants both the Bronte and Clovely RSL Club Limited were not only liable for a weekly rent but also for the maintenance, insurance and general upkeep of a property they did not own. When I asked a lawyer from the RSL state office in Sydney, prior to our closure,why they could not give their own clubs a leg up he replied that they were a non-profit organisation. Somebody should do an investigation into this so-called "non profit" organisation and see how much money they have received from the sale of these properties. As Rob McPake said it is the elderly citizens in these communities who suffer most because they no longer have an outlet close to their own homes where they can go and meet their mates a couple of times a week. How many times do we hear in the media about lonely people dying in their own homes and not being found for sometimes months, because there was no one with whom they were in contact with on a regular basis. The whole idea behind the RSL Clubs when they first started after World War II was the cameraderie and looking after your mates, That has now been replaced by the greed for the property dollar and the struggling clubs have been forced to close their doors on the back of that greed.Duncan Horscroft Tuesday 7 August, 2012 - 8:21 PM
Is it any wonder with all the hoops clubs and pubs are made to jump through? Clubs and Pubs are made to spend thousands if not millions to comply with ridiculous social and workplace reforms only to have politically correct and social engineered drinking and gambling laws drive them out of business.Peter Monday 6 August, 2012 - 8:55 AM