- Teachers need on the job training
- Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real?
- More men now taking up yoga
- Bills to drop after carbon tax repeal?
- Bennett to return to Broncos
- Has the PM finally found his voice?
- Balmain plans back at square one
- Does practice make perfect to win?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
- VODKA on Flight MH 17: bring them home As soon as this damned evil happened the world should of immediately responded and taken the initiative, deploying elite ... more
- Craig on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy You fluoridated, brain dead idiots, It's America that needs a war not Russia. Keep on believing the American version of ... more
- Tony on PM fails to get bounce in polls This makes no sence! Abbott makes Rudd/Gillard/Rudd look like ostriches with their head stuck in the sand. Finally a PM who ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM fails to get bounce in polls The survey was obviously conducted in the die-hard labor party electorates. You know, the ones that say "I vote labuh ... more
- Timothy on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy hmm is it a coincidence that this should happen when Israel is slaughering children and women in Gazza.?How come it had to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on 37 Aussies shot down over Ukraine Lies, lies and damned Vladimar Putin the ex KGB creep indeed! I trust he gets his just desserts in the fullness of time. So ... more
- Rod on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy Hi Guys,If the Russians supplied these deadly and complex weapons to ill-trained rebels, who did not have the needed ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney drivers ignoring road rules I take great delight when I see them wheeled over by the police and booked up. These Sydney creeps drive like damned ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy His name is Vladimar Putin. Not a leader's bootlace. Ex KGB operative who seriously has a lot to answer for. I would not ... more
- Join the Q Society on Smoking on the decline @ Keith A Tudor,So would I, but a ban needs to be enforced and the current bans are not.Have you seen the suicidal idiots ... more
- Join the Q Society on Real home grown terrorism concerns The problem is ISLAM, research the Quran and realise why.From subjugating, taxing and killing those that are deemed non ... more
- Craig on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate Rising sea levels Mr Shorten? I live near the waterfront and last time I looked it was the same as always. Sea levels do not ... more
More RSL clubs are closing down
Clovelly RSL could close on Sunday. So, what went wrong? Is it a sign of the times when we see more and more of our local RSL clubs closing? Paul Murray investigates the decline in the local RSL clubs.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Ever been left on hold? Would you wait 15 hours, 40 minutes and one second? Jason Morrison on customer service following a call that has everyone talking and Murray Wilton tests it out with two listeners on hold!
What's in a woman's handbag? Murray Wilton breaks the taboo of secret women's business and divulges what producer Maryann has in her bag, and why a handbag may be hazardous to a woman's health.
As the former president of the Bronte RSL Club Ltd we went through the same process as the Clovelly RSL. It is unfortunate the RSL sub-branches who own these properties do nothing to support their own clubs who stand up and recognise the RSL brand at 6pm every night when attending the Ode Of Remebrance. The irony of whole situation is that as tennants both the Bronte and Clovely RSL Club Limited were not only liable for a weekly rent but also for the maintenance, insurance and general upkeep of a property they did not own. When I asked a lawyer from the RSL state office in Sydney, prior to our closure,why they could not give their own clubs a leg up he replied that they were a non-profit organisation. Somebody should do an investigation into this so-called "non profit" organisation and see how much money they have received from the sale of these properties. As Rob McPake said it is the elderly citizens in these communities who suffer most because they no longer have an outlet close to their own homes where they can go and meet their mates a couple of times a week. How many times do we hear in the media about lonely people dying in their own homes and not being found for sometimes months, because there was no one with whom they were in contact with on a regular basis. The whole idea behind the RSL Clubs when they first started after World War II was the cameraderie and looking after your mates, That has now been replaced by the greed for the property dollar and the struggling clubs have been forced to close their doors on the back of that greed.Duncan Horscroft Tuesday 7 August, 2012 - 8:21 PM
Is it any wonder with all the hoops clubs and pubs are made to jump through? Clubs and Pubs are made to spend thousands if not millions to comply with ridiculous social and workplace reforms only to have politically correct and social engineered drinking and gambling laws drive them out of business.Peter Monday 6 August, 2012 - 8:55 AM