- Nova Peris sets back race relations?
- 2UE Summer of Cricket
- Pop to Popism at Art Gallery of NSW
- New Gold Opal card for Seniors
- Men now reluctant to help kids?
- Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate
- Recycling everyday food scraps
- Joe Hockey's spat at red tape
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
- Paul on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? Yes it does bug me when people throw their cigarette butts, thats why I've videoed these idiots to embarrass them on ... more
- Cleangirl on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? or Cyclists running red lights, cars not using blinkers, people eating on the train, allowing dogs on ovals, dogs in school ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? I have on occasions got out of my car picked up the lit butt and tossed it onto their back seat and once I dropped it into ... more
More RSL clubs are closing down
Clovelly RSL could close on Sunday. So, what went wrong? Is it a sign of the times when we see more and more of our local RSL clubs closing? Paul Murray investigates the decline in the local RSL clubs.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Ever been left on hold? Would you wait 15 hours, 40 minutes and one second? Jason Morrison on customer service following a call that has everyone talking and Murray Wilton tests it out with two listeners on hold!
What's in a woman's handbag? Murray Wilton breaks the taboo of secret women's business and divulges what producer Maryann has in her bag, and why a handbag may be hazardous to a woman's health.
As the former president of the Bronte RSL Club Ltd we went through the same process as the Clovelly RSL. It is unfortunate the RSL sub-branches who own these properties do nothing to support their own clubs who stand up and recognise the RSL brand at 6pm every night when attending the Ode Of Remebrance. The irony of whole situation is that as tennants both the Bronte and Clovely RSL Club Limited were not only liable for a weekly rent but also for the maintenance, insurance and general upkeep of a property they did not own. When I asked a lawyer from the RSL state office in Sydney, prior to our closure,why they could not give their own clubs a leg up he replied that they were a non-profit organisation. Somebody should do an investigation into this so-called "non profit" organisation and see how much money they have received from the sale of these properties. As Rob McPake said it is the elderly citizens in these communities who suffer most because they no longer have an outlet close to their own homes where they can go and meet their mates a couple of times a week. How many times do we hear in the media about lonely people dying in their own homes and not being found for sometimes months, because there was no one with whom they were in contact with on a regular basis. The whole idea behind the RSL Clubs when they first started after World War II was the cameraderie and looking after your mates, That has now been replaced by the greed for the property dollar and the struggling clubs have been forced to close their doors on the back of that greed.Duncan Horscroft Tuesday 7 August, 2012 - 8:21 PM
Is it any wonder with all the hoops clubs and pubs are made to jump through? Clubs and Pubs are made to spend thousands if not millions to comply with ridiculous social and workplace reforms only to have politically correct and social engineered drinking and gambling laws drive them out of business.Peter Monday 6 August, 2012 - 8:55 AM