- Sydney's glorious sunset
- Work for the dole gets mixed reaction
- Julie Bishop our next Prime Minister?
- Time for a three day weekend?
- Italian recipes from the heart
- Menzies: The man behind the myth
- PM Abbott: struggling for respect?
- Near death experiences all vivid
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on PM polls are on the slide? Well said Sam and Tony! It is this breed of dole bludgers and others that want to live on government handouts fostered by ... more
- Tony on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? The only thing we can be assured of is that Rudd or Gillard were still in the hotseat, headless chooks would be handling the ... more
- Tony on Asylum seekers heading to mainland The traitorous illegal and economic chasing advocates and their equally foul legal soliciting brethren should open up their ... more
- COUNTRY SHOPPERS GALORE on Asylum seekers heading to mainland Asylum seekers or queue jumpers, economic country shoppers? We absolutely must protect our borders and nation's sovereignty. ... more
- NO GOD NO ATHEISTS... on Near death experiences all vivid What about the many saintly people who pass away and their bodies miraculously remain incorrupt, even after 100's of years. ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Well just look at the flip side, so perhaps we prefer silly willy to be the Prime Minister... more
- Samuel J on PM polls are on the slide? I believe these so called 'polls' are conducted in die-hard labor party electrotes hence the skewed outcome or abject lies. ... more
- Tony on PM polls are on the slide? It is obvious that the vast majority of Australians prefer wishy washy, cash giverway, leftist green brain dead governments, ... more
- JULIAR... on Earth missed catastrophe by a week Could this be the very beginning of Julia's anthropogenic global warming...quick, hurry up Tony, bring back the carbon tax. more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
More RSL clubs are closing down
Clovelly RSL could close on Sunday. So, what went wrong? Is it a sign of the times when we see more and more of our local RSL clubs closing? Paul Murray investigates the decline in the local RSL clubs.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Ever been left on hold? Would you wait 15 hours, 40 minutes and one second? Jason Morrison on customer service following a call that has everyone talking and Murray Wilton tests it out with two listeners on hold!
What's in a woman's handbag? Murray Wilton breaks the taboo of secret women's business and divulges what producer Maryann has in her bag, and why a handbag may be hazardous to a woman's health.
As the former president of the Bronte RSL Club Ltd we went through the same process as the Clovelly RSL. It is unfortunate the RSL sub-branches who own these properties do nothing to support their own clubs who stand up and recognise the RSL brand at 6pm every night when attending the Ode Of Remebrance. The irony of whole situation is that as tennants both the Bronte and Clovely RSL Club Limited were not only liable for a weekly rent but also for the maintenance, insurance and general upkeep of a property they did not own. When I asked a lawyer from the RSL state office in Sydney, prior to our closure,why they could not give their own clubs a leg up he replied that they were a non-profit organisation. Somebody should do an investigation into this so-called "non profit" organisation and see how much money they have received from the sale of these properties. As Rob McPake said it is the elderly citizens in these communities who suffer most because they no longer have an outlet close to their own homes where they can go and meet their mates a couple of times a week. How many times do we hear in the media about lonely people dying in their own homes and not being found for sometimes months, because there was no one with whom they were in contact with on a regular basis. The whole idea behind the RSL Clubs when they first started after World War II was the cameraderie and looking after your mates, That has now been replaced by the greed for the property dollar and the struggling clubs have been forced to close their doors on the back of that greed.Duncan Horscroft Tuesday 7 August, 2012 - 8:21 PM
Is it any wonder with all the hoops clubs and pubs are made to jump through? Clubs and Pubs are made to spend thousands if not millions to comply with ridiculous social and workplace reforms only to have politically correct and social engineered drinking and gambling laws drive them out of business.Peter Monday 6 August, 2012 - 8:55 AM