- New NBN plan to save $16 billion
- "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game?
- New science of medical cannabis
- Rewards cards losing you money?
- Close Sydney shops on Boxing Day?
- NBN: what future for Sydney online
- Helipad for Darling Harbor hotel?
- Café shuts doors on barista backlash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
- Cleangirl on What fairness for the average joe? We`ve all read stories of Australian celebrities getting off light for D.U.I. more
- Glenn Castle on Should we scrap school homework? Everybody is winging about our kids not getting enough exercise and outdoor play,our three YOUNG children are stuck inside ... more
- Jack on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? The cover up of CRIMES by the Catholic church is totally obscene.With hypocrites like this evil man in charge, it's ... more
- paulo on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger Muslim leaders have condemned terror but people dont listen!Truth is there are many aussies that are islamaphobic and just ... more
MP calls for George Pell to resign
Paul Murray speaks with Nationals MP and Member for Dubbo Troy Grant, a former police officer who led the watershed paedophilia investigation of priest Vincent Ryan, said it was time for Cardinal George Pell to "fall on his sword" as Archbishop of Sydney, because the church had never managed to put the interests of victims before its clergymen.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
On the streets where we live around Sydney there are families with youth who are unemployed, and considered long term unemployed. Jason Morrison looks at the suburbs and seeks out how we can fix this.
@mick - female genital mutalation is not done for religious but cultural reasons, ok!
Forced marriages are also cultural. Islam does not prescribe any such backward practices.
Focus on the facts and not fiction and the fact is that children are being abused from people who teach others the catholic faith and who pride that we are a Christian country. People must hang their heads in shame that in these modern times such heinous crimes are committed and these church mongrels are protected and in many cases sympthasised with.
It gives me nightmares when these people who are supposed bo be religious do such acts of evil and eternal shame.yusuf Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
Resign, he must be arrested. It is sickening to hear his comments yesterday that proves the evil that resides in these unholy men of Catholic faith.susie jarvis Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:12 PM
Coasty are you talking about the church (of which you are a hater of because to you it is fashionable) or is it the unions you are talking about.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 9:44 AM
Peter B it is just not the judicial system that needs to answer for a lot but also law enforcement, politicians also they have all failed to protect the kids it is not just the "church" in all denominations it is the whole community. What about the Muslim community and female genital mutalation for religious reasons, forcing your females back to where they come from for arranged marriages. Go to where the "todays" real issues are. Keep up the good work Peter.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
I am not a Catholic, C of E is my denomination, do not attend church regularly. Very disturbed to hear all the Church Bashing occuring everywhere now.
This whole thing about an Inquiry should have a Focus & Outcome.
FOCUS: Law Courts, Institutions of all Types, Police Action & The Blue Card System.
OUTCOME: Conviction & Sentences Past & Future, Offenders to be Branded/Tattooed, Regular Checks on Blue Card Holders and Applicants.
This is just a broad look at the issue but we must focus more on these things not happening in the Future more than what has happened in the Past, thank you for your time.Peter B Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:25 PM
The Australian Judicial System has a lot more to Answer here than the Catholic Church. If these matters have been taken to court civil or otherwise why have they not Convicted or Sentenced these offending Creeps, Hello is it just the Church, I think not!Peter B Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 10:29 AM