- Girl held at gun point in robbery
- Young drivers on p-plates until 25?
- Tributes for Doors legend Manzarek
- Warnings over pets being stolen
- Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support
- Sydney’s traffic making workers sick
- Twisters strike Oklahoma City
- Ban all gambling advertising?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on Man refuses rising for magistrate @CARMEN. You will have to excuse the dribble coming from Terrence. He is a lefty zealot and a devotee of anything that is ... more
- Robert on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support So rudd thinks that maybe after years of media and political propaganda and cultural-marxist teachers poisoning our ... more
- CARMEN on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Hi Paul...I missed your comments recently, but, never-the less, my judgement has not changed in the least....MARRIAGE IS ... more
- CARMEN on Journalists too left on political views? THERE WE GO AGAIN, TERENCE.....THE APOLOGIST, PUPPET AND GREAT HYPOCRITE OF THE LABOR PARTY......Please Oh please, Terence, ... more
- paul on Man refuses rising for magistrate He should be punished further for that!However that doesnt mean i will jump on the anti muslim racist bandwagon like a lot ... more
- paul on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Well done Mr Rudd.Its about time AustrÃ?Â?Ã?Â¡lia grew up re gay marriage and now we will see the clown is ABBOTT who will ... more
- CARMEN on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM ONLY the gullible will believe anything Julia Gillard puts forward....Another BIG LIE is that Mr. Abbott is GOING TO CUT THE ... more
- CARMEN on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM UH, TERRENCE.....You are obviously a VERY, VERY CONFUSED person...How on earth can you STILL back a DISHONEST LABOR ... more
- CARMEN on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support KEVIN RUDD....Australia's JOKER AND CLOWN.....Who would take any notice of his views regarding gay marriage...he is a non ... more
- CARMEN on Man refuses rising for magistrate Well, Terence.....You are one of the loonies who obviously has very low regard for our laws.....If they want to express ... more
- Jester4212 on Ban all gambling advertising? Good call, with you all the way! Excellent interview. more
- Simon on Sydney’s traffic making workers sick Stop complaining... prob is too many people stuck in this "Sydney comfort zone" Quit your job and move out of the city. Too ... more
- Terrence on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM What is most disgusting is the deliberate attempt to talk down the country for one's own petty political interest. This ... more
- Greg O on Banning children not vaccinated? I can still remember that day at St Leos College Wahroonga in 1956 when the whole school was vaccinated against Polio. My ... more
- Terrence on Man refuses rising for magistrate @Maddy, yes, send him to his home - in Bankstown.@Sal Oddo, what are they doing here? I suppose they are expressing ... more
- Terrence on Journalists too left on political views? It is the height of hypocrisy when Jason Morrison talks of bias. For so long he has been not just exhibiting bias but ... more
- Terrence on Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply @CARMEN, I'm sorry his predicament is because of his ill-advised small-target policy and his reluctance and/or inability to ... more
- Andrew on Man refuses rising for magistrate Enough is enough! How many times do we have to pander to the Islamic minority who have no respect for our laws and customs? ... more
- ps58 on Man refuses rising for magistrate We have no bill of rights.. but the Rule of Law is embedded in our Australian Constituion- no one is above the law- all are ... more
- Sam on Man refuses rising for magistrate If he knows his religion quite well. Why didn't he or his lawyer advise the court before Magistrate entered the court room ... more
MPs out selling the carbon tax
Labor MPs are on a media blitz today selling the controversial carbon tax. Stuart Bocking with Greg Combet who says the Government's compensation package will more than cover any rises due to the tax.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains Australians will eventually see the implementation of a carbon tax as a positive, despite a new poll showing almost two-thirds oppose it.
Roger White reports to the Two Murrays that almost 300 businesses, including Westpac, AGL, Unilever and GE, have signed a joint statement backing the 23 dollars per tonne price on carbon that officially started yesterday.
A Nielsen poll published by Fairfax Media on today found opposition to the carbon tax had risen three percentage points to 62 per cent, despite the billions of dollars of household compensation being rolled out.
Just over half of those surveyed thought they would be worse off as a result of the tax, which will to lead to flow on price rises, particularly for energy costs.
The polls of 1400 voters conducted over the weekend also found the Labor minority government's two-party preferred vote was 42 per cent, against the coalition's election winning 58 per cent.
The prime minister acknowledged there would be some flow-on effects from big polluters paying $23 a tonne on carbon, but said tax cuts would benefit seven million people.
The Coalition has sent posters to 7,000 retailers in marginal Labor seats that apologise for rising costs under the carbon tax. Stuart Bocking on warnings those who make false claims they face heavy fines.
Jason Morrison says sustainability is an excuse to do some extraordinary things. Does sustainability mean you shouldn't have a pet? Listen as the hypocritical nature of the green movement is exposed.
I have just realised that we are not being taxed but fined for using fossil fuel!
Top stuff Juliar fine every Australian now put us all in gaol so we can't pay your bogus fine!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:25 PM
Greg Combet is too soft. When talking to hostile right-wing media he should attack them and point out their hypocrisy instead of talking like a professor. It goes over the head of these rotten Lieberal scumbags whose collective IQ does not exceed 50. He should take out a leaf from Emerson and Albanese; see how they respond when confronted by Lieberal stooges.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:19 PM
Just going over the faces of the pack of bastards that comprise this failed Gillard socialist minority government, including those mug shots of the greens party boofheads and the three equal fools Oakshott, Windsor and Wilkie, one is forgiven for judging their physiognomy which is their faces as patently stupid looking. They each have that weird look in their eyes and as each day passes that look resembles the eyes of a dying damned cow! I rest my case dear fellow Aussies.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Greg Combet as per Lisa's assessment here is 200% correct. Whilst he has no brains, he somehow has the wherewithal to be a deceitful knucklehead and like the rest of the labor/greens/turncoat ilk, is thoroughly unemployable. I cannot wait to see their teary exit out of politics come the next national baseball bat game which will hit them damned well hard and deservedly so!Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:44 PM
in regards to buying an option on carbon tax it will depend on the carbon tax impost n the carbon tax and if you are at the bottom of the chain.which starts with the big polluters and is inexorably passed down and off to the consumersjag Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Imbecile socialist, crawling union bigmouth Greg Combet and his Labor comrades are brazenly sucking the marrow right out of the bones of our economy, apparently trying to run us aground. Its a real worry that the Labor biased media are still ardently backing Labor and blatantly refuse to examine the hard front-page worthy evidence against Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming tax. It will be too late when we do run aground-what will the same media say then?Melissa Giles Monday 2 July, 2012 - 12:23 PM