- James Tiger - Lego Ninjago
- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
MPs out selling the carbon tax
Labor MPs are on a media blitz today selling the controversial carbon tax. Stuart Bocking with Greg Combet who says the Government's compensation package will more than cover any rises due to the tax.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains Australians will eventually see the implementation of a carbon tax as a positive, despite a new poll showing almost two-thirds oppose it.
Roger White reports to the Two Murrays that almost 300 businesses, including Westpac, AGL, Unilever and GE, have signed a joint statement backing the 23 dollars per tonne price on carbon that officially started yesterday.
A Nielsen poll published by Fairfax Media on today found opposition to the carbon tax had risen three percentage points to 62 per cent, despite the billions of dollars of household compensation being rolled out.
Just over half of those surveyed thought they would be worse off as a result of the tax, which will to lead to flow on price rises, particularly for energy costs.
The polls of 1400 voters conducted over the weekend also found the Labor minority government's two-party preferred vote was 42 per cent, against the coalition's election winning 58 per cent.
The prime minister acknowledged there would be some flow-on effects from big polluters paying $23 a tonne on carbon, but said tax cuts would benefit seven million people.
The Coalition has sent posters to 7,000 retailers in marginal Labor seats that apologise for rising costs under the carbon tax. Stuart Bocking on warnings those who make false claims they face heavy fines.
Jason Morrison says sustainability is an excuse to do some extraordinary things. Does sustainability mean you shouldn't have a pet? Listen as the hypocritical nature of the green movement is exposed.
I have just realised that we are not being taxed but fined for using fossil fuel!
Top stuff Juliar fine every Australian now put us all in gaol so we can't pay your bogus fine!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:25 PM
Greg Combet is too soft. When talking to hostile right-wing media he should attack them and point out their hypocrisy instead of talking like a professor. It goes over the head of these rotten Lieberal scumbags whose collective IQ does not exceed 50. He should take out a leaf from Emerson and Albanese; see how they respond when confronted by Lieberal stooges.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:19 PM
Just going over the faces of the pack of bastards that comprise this failed Gillard socialist minority government, including those mug shots of the greens party boofheads and the three equal fools Oakshott, Windsor and Wilkie, one is forgiven for judging their physiognomy which is their faces as patently stupid looking. They each have that weird look in their eyes and as each day passes that look resembles the eyes of a dying damned cow! I rest my case dear fellow Aussies.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Greg Combet as per Lisa's assessment here is 200% correct. Whilst he has no brains, he somehow has the wherewithal to be a deceitful knucklehead and like the rest of the labor/greens/turncoat ilk, is thoroughly unemployable. I cannot wait to see their teary exit out of politics come the next national baseball bat game which will hit them damned well hard and deservedly so!Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:44 PM
in regards to buying an option on carbon tax it will depend on the carbon tax impost n the carbon tax and if you are at the bottom of the chain.which starts with the big polluters and is inexorably passed down and off to the consumersjag Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Imbecile socialist, crawling union bigmouth Greg Combet and his Labor comrades are brazenly sucking the marrow right out of the bones of our economy, apparently trying to run us aground. Its a real worry that the Labor biased media are still ardently backing Labor and blatantly refuse to examine the hard front-page worthy evidence against Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming tax. It will be too late when we do run aground-what will the same media say then?Melissa Giles Monday 2 July, 2012 - 12:23 PM