- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
MPs out selling the carbon tax
Labor MPs are on a media blitz today selling the controversial carbon tax. Stuart Bocking with Greg Combet who says the Government's compensation package will more than cover any rises due to the tax.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains Australians will eventually see the implementation of a carbon tax as a positive, despite a new poll showing almost two-thirds oppose it.
Roger White reports to the Two Murrays that almost 300 businesses, including Westpac, AGL, Unilever and GE, have signed a joint statement backing the 23 dollars per tonne price on carbon that officially started yesterday.
A Nielsen poll published by Fairfax Media on today found opposition to the carbon tax had risen three percentage points to 62 per cent, despite the billions of dollars of household compensation being rolled out.
Just over half of those surveyed thought they would be worse off as a result of the tax, which will to lead to flow on price rises, particularly for energy costs.
The polls of 1400 voters conducted over the weekend also found the Labor minority government's two-party preferred vote was 42 per cent, against the coalition's election winning 58 per cent.
The prime minister acknowledged there would be some flow-on effects from big polluters paying $23 a tonne on carbon, but said tax cuts would benefit seven million people.
The Coalition has sent posters to 7,000 retailers in marginal Labor seats that apologise for rising costs under the carbon tax. Stuart Bocking on warnings those who make false claims they face heavy fines.
Jason Morrison says sustainability is an excuse to do some extraordinary things. Does sustainability mean you shouldn't have a pet? Listen as the hypocritical nature of the green movement is exposed.
I have just realised that we are not being taxed but fined for using fossil fuel!
Top stuff Juliar fine every Australian now put us all in gaol so we can't pay your bogus fine!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:25 PM
Greg Combet is too soft. When talking to hostile right-wing media he should attack them and point out their hypocrisy instead of talking like a professor. It goes over the head of these rotten Lieberal scumbags whose collective IQ does not exceed 50. He should take out a leaf from Emerson and Albanese; see how they respond when confronted by Lieberal stooges.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:19 PM
Just going over the faces of the pack of bastards that comprise this failed Gillard socialist minority government, including those mug shots of the greens party boofheads and the three equal fools Oakshott, Windsor and Wilkie, one is forgiven for judging their physiognomy which is their faces as patently stupid looking. They each have that weird look in their eyes and as each day passes that look resembles the eyes of a dying damned cow! I rest my case dear fellow Aussies.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Greg Combet as per Lisa's assessment here is 200% correct. Whilst he has no brains, he somehow has the wherewithal to be a deceitful knucklehead and like the rest of the labor/greens/turncoat ilk, is thoroughly unemployable. I cannot wait to see their teary exit out of politics come the next national baseball bat game which will hit them damned well hard and deservedly so!Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:44 PM
in regards to buying an option on carbon tax it will depend on the carbon tax impost n the carbon tax and if you are at the bottom of the chain.which starts with the big polluters and is inexorably passed down and off to the consumersjag Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Imbecile socialist, crawling union bigmouth Greg Combet and his Labor comrades are brazenly sucking the marrow right out of the bones of our economy, apparently trying to run us aground. Its a real worry that the Labor biased media are still ardently backing Labor and blatantly refuse to examine the hard front-page worthy evidence against Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming tax. It will be too late when we do run aground-what will the same media say then?Melissa Giles Monday 2 July, 2012 - 12:23 PM