- What is age appropriate clothing?
- World goes to hell in a hand basket
- Drones growing in popularity
- Your questions about the Opal Card
- Who is funding the evil Islamic State?
- Palmer deal to affect your super
- Your cash splashed on 'Study Trips'
- US Journalist beheaded by IS
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- O.I.L. on Who is funding the evil Islamic State? They claim islam to be a peaceful religion? Just whereabouts? more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Abbott has lost his way already, so many broken promises. Unemployment higher than in the depths of the 2nd worst global ... more
- peter on Millers Point sales shock investors This was the home for 6 people working in the city up until the last tennant died 4 years ago. all it ever needed was a coat ... more
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
MPs out selling the carbon tax
Labor MPs are on a media blitz today selling the controversial carbon tax. Stuart Bocking with Greg Combet who says the Government's compensation package will more than cover any rises due to the tax.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains Australians will eventually see the implementation of a carbon tax as a positive, despite a new poll showing almost two-thirds oppose it.
Roger White reports to the Two Murrays that almost 300 businesses, including Westpac, AGL, Unilever and GE, have signed a joint statement backing the 23 dollars per tonne price on carbon that officially started yesterday.
A Nielsen poll published by Fairfax Media on today found opposition to the carbon tax had risen three percentage points to 62 per cent, despite the billions of dollars of household compensation being rolled out.
Just over half of those surveyed thought they would be worse off as a result of the tax, which will to lead to flow on price rises, particularly for energy costs.
The polls of 1400 voters conducted over the weekend also found the Labor minority government's two-party preferred vote was 42 per cent, against the coalition's election winning 58 per cent.
The prime minister acknowledged there would be some flow-on effects from big polluters paying $23 a tonne on carbon, but said tax cuts would benefit seven million people.
The Coalition has sent posters to 7,000 retailers in marginal Labor seats that apologise for rising costs under the carbon tax. Stuart Bocking on warnings those who make false claims they face heavy fines.
Jason Morrison says sustainability is an excuse to do some extraordinary things. Does sustainability mean you shouldn't have a pet? Listen as the hypocritical nature of the green movement is exposed.
I have just realised that we are not being taxed but fined for using fossil fuel!
Top stuff Juliar fine every Australian now put us all in gaol so we can't pay your bogus fine!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:25 PM
Greg Combet is too soft. When talking to hostile right-wing media he should attack them and point out their hypocrisy instead of talking like a professor. It goes over the head of these rotten Lieberal scumbags whose collective IQ does not exceed 50. He should take out a leaf from Emerson and Albanese; see how they respond when confronted by Lieberal stooges.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:19 PM
Just going over the faces of the pack of bastards that comprise this failed Gillard socialist minority government, including those mug shots of the greens party boofheads and the three equal fools Oakshott, Windsor and Wilkie, one is forgiven for judging their physiognomy which is their faces as patently stupid looking. They each have that weird look in their eyes and as each day passes that look resembles the eyes of a dying damned cow! I rest my case dear fellow Aussies.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Greg Combet as per Lisa's assessment here is 200% correct. Whilst he has no brains, he somehow has the wherewithal to be a deceitful knucklehead and like the rest of the labor/greens/turncoat ilk, is thoroughly unemployable. I cannot wait to see their teary exit out of politics come the next national baseball bat game which will hit them damned well hard and deservedly so!Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:44 PM
in regards to buying an option on carbon tax it will depend on the carbon tax impost n the carbon tax and if you are at the bottom of the chain.which starts with the big polluters and is inexorably passed down and off to the consumersjag Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Imbecile socialist, crawling union bigmouth Greg Combet and his Labor comrades are brazenly sucking the marrow right out of the bones of our economy, apparently trying to run us aground. Its a real worry that the Labor biased media are still ardently backing Labor and blatantly refuse to examine the hard front-page worthy evidence against Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming tax. It will be too late when we do run aground-what will the same media say then?Melissa Giles Monday 2 July, 2012 - 12:23 PM