- Teachers need on the job training
- Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real?
- More men now taking up yoga
- Bills to drop after carbon tax repeal?
- Bennett to return to Broncos
- Has the PM finally found his voice?
- Balmain plans back at square one
- Does practice make perfect to win?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
- VODKA on Flight MH 17: bring them home As soon as this damned evil happened the world should of immediately responded and taken the initiative, deploying elite ... more
- Craig on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy You fluoridated, brain dead idiots, It's America that needs a war not Russia. Keep on believing the American version of ... more
- Tony on PM fails to get bounce in polls This makes no sence! Abbott makes Rudd/Gillard/Rudd look like ostriches with their head stuck in the sand. Finally a PM who ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM fails to get bounce in polls The survey was obviously conducted in the die-hard labor party electorates. You know, the ones that say "I vote labuh ... more
- Timothy on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy hmm is it a coincidence that this should happen when Israel is slaughering children and women in Gazza.?How come it had to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on 37 Aussies shot down over Ukraine Lies, lies and damned Vladimar Putin the ex KGB creep indeed! I trust he gets his just desserts in the fullness of time. So ... more
- Rod on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy Hi Guys,If the Russians supplied these deadly and complex weapons to ill-trained rebels, who did not have the needed ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney drivers ignoring road rules I take great delight when I see them wheeled over by the police and booked up. These Sydney creeps drive like damned ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy His name is Vladimar Putin. Not a leader's bootlace. Ex KGB operative who seriously has a lot to answer for. I would not ... more
- Join the Q Society on Smoking on the decline @ Keith A Tudor,So would I, but a ban needs to be enforced and the current bans are not.Have you seen the suicidal idiots ... more
- Join the Q Society on Real home grown terrorism concerns The problem is ISLAM, research the Quran and realise why.From subjugating, taxing and killing those that are deemed non ... more
- Craig on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate Rising sea levels Mr Shorten? I live near the waterfront and last time I looked it was the same as always. Sea levels do not ... more
MPs out selling the carbon tax
Labor MPs are on a media blitz today selling the controversial carbon tax. Stuart Bocking with Greg Combet who says the Government's compensation package will more than cover any rises due to the tax.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains Australians will eventually see the implementation of a carbon tax as a positive, despite a new poll showing almost two-thirds oppose it.
Roger White reports to the Two Murrays that almost 300 businesses, including Westpac, AGL, Unilever and GE, have signed a joint statement backing the 23 dollars per tonne price on carbon that officially started yesterday.
A Nielsen poll published by Fairfax Media on today found opposition to the carbon tax had risen three percentage points to 62 per cent, despite the billions of dollars of household compensation being rolled out.
Just over half of those surveyed thought they would be worse off as a result of the tax, which will to lead to flow on price rises, particularly for energy costs.
The polls of 1400 voters conducted over the weekend also found the Labor minority government's two-party preferred vote was 42 per cent, against the coalition's election winning 58 per cent.
The prime minister acknowledged there would be some flow-on effects from big polluters paying $23 a tonne on carbon, but said tax cuts would benefit seven million people.
The Coalition has sent posters to 7,000 retailers in marginal Labor seats that apologise for rising costs under the carbon tax. Stuart Bocking on warnings those who make false claims they face heavy fines.
Jason Morrison says sustainability is an excuse to do some extraordinary things. Does sustainability mean you shouldn't have a pet? Listen as the hypocritical nature of the green movement is exposed.
I have just realised that we are not being taxed but fined for using fossil fuel!
Top stuff Juliar fine every Australian now put us all in gaol so we can't pay your bogus fine!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:25 PM
Greg Combet is too soft. When talking to hostile right-wing media he should attack them and point out their hypocrisy instead of talking like a professor. It goes over the head of these rotten Lieberal scumbags whose collective IQ does not exceed 50. He should take out a leaf from Emerson and Albanese; see how they respond when confronted by Lieberal stooges.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 8:19 PM
Just going over the faces of the pack of bastards that comprise this failed Gillard socialist minority government, including those mug shots of the greens party boofheads and the three equal fools Oakshott, Windsor and Wilkie, one is forgiven for judging their physiognomy which is their faces as patently stupid looking. They each have that weird look in their eyes and as each day passes that look resembles the eyes of a dying damned cow! I rest my case dear fellow Aussies.Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Greg Combet as per Lisa's assessment here is 200% correct. Whilst he has no brains, he somehow has the wherewithal to be a deceitful knucklehead and like the rest of the labor/greens/turncoat ilk, is thoroughly unemployable. I cannot wait to see their teary exit out of politics come the next national baseball bat game which will hit them damned well hard and deservedly so!Jonathan L Benson Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:44 PM
in regards to buying an option on carbon tax it will depend on the carbon tax impost n the carbon tax and if you are at the bottom of the chain.which starts with the big polluters and is inexorably passed down and off to the consumersjag Monday 2 July, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Imbecile socialist, crawling union bigmouth Greg Combet and his Labor comrades are brazenly sucking the marrow right out of the bones of our economy, apparently trying to run us aground. Its a real worry that the Labor biased media are still ardently backing Labor and blatantly refuse to examine the hard front-page worthy evidence against Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming tax. It will be too late when we do run aground-what will the same media say then?Melissa Giles Monday 2 July, 2012 - 12:23 PM