- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Mutiny in Cabinet on Carr for Senate
A mutiny by senior federal Labor figures has forced the PM to withdraw an offer to make former Premier Bob Carr a Senator and Foreign Affairs minister. Is Julia Gillard really in charge? Jason Morrison on the PM's plans.
The Opposition has accused the Prime Minister of "telling untruths" over the Bob Carr affair, and will investigate whether Julia Gillard actually misled parliament
Ms Gillard originally denied claims she offered the former New South Wales premier a Senate seat, and the chance to become the new foreign minister. However In a subsequent statement Mr Carr contradicted Ms Gillard's version of events.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says Julia Gillard has some explaining to do.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Aah Terrence, your posts are as a mouse squeak in the wilderness.David T. Saturday 3 March, 2012 - 3:45 PM
@Terrence trol "METHINKS YOU ARE DREAMING" stupid. Tony Abbott's policies are crystal clear! (1) Stop the fraudulent global warming-carbon dioxide scam (2) Stop Illegal Boats (3) Stop Homosexuals perverting the true meaning of marriage! Between man and woman etc.Candice Saturday 3 March, 2012 - 12:50 PM
Tricia, METHINKS YOU ARE DREAMING just as your leader the mad monk Phony Abbott is. You should put pressure on him to produce policies than pursuing this negative line of personal attack because that can only get him so far. When they are at the polling booth voters will want to know what he has to offer other than who he thinks is a liar.Terrence Friday 2 March, 2012 - 11:22 PM
I think Gingerella has lost more than her shoe! If it is not straight faced lies she tells then I suggest she is suffering from early dementia!
But she fits the description which is apt:- 'lies, lies and damned politicians. And now the talking head Bob Carr is a victim. Time for you to go Gingerella.Justin J Thursday 1 March, 2012 - 2:23 PM
This PM has more spin cycles than a washing machine!Peter Thursday 1 March, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Looks as though Gillard's at it again. Even Jeff Kennett (who hates to call anyone a liar) has just stated on air that he does not believe that Gillard's statement yesterday about what was discussed during her 3 conversations with Bob Carr was an accurate reflection of what occurred.David T. Thursday 1 March, 2012 - 10:31 AM