- Nova Peris sets back race relations?
- 2UE Summer of Cricket
- Pop to Popism at Art Gallery of NSW
- New Gold Opal card for Seniors
- Men now reluctant to help kids?
- Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate
- Recycling everyday food scraps
- Joe Hockey's spat at red tape
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
- Paul on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? Yes it does bug me when people throw their cigarette butts, thats why I've videoed these idiots to embarrass them on ... more
- Cleangirl on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? or Cyclists running red lights, cars not using blinkers, people eating on the train, allowing dogs on ovals, dogs in school ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? I have on occasions got out of my car picked up the lit butt and tossed it onto their back seat and once I dropped it into ... more
Need for clearer rail announcements
A court has found RailCorp discriminated against a blind passenger by failing to provide clear announcements. Paul Murray on the garbled train announcements that frustrate all train passengers, especially the blind.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
10:56am The NSW rail system discriminates against blind people with "haphazard and uncoordinated" announcements, court finds.
Ahhh the wonders of multiculturalism. Dont you all just feel so enriched? Hahaahha.Robert Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 12:37 PM
How hard is it to have pre-recorded messages that these imbeciles can play when needed - or can they not read English either?
How come it is easier to get around Paris on the trains without knowing any French?
We are so far behind!Marcia Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 11:21 AM
The guy who sued state rail could just be an old racist out to get money. Indian accents are wonderful, I like them to add some bollywood music to them though.Jo Monday 4 February, 2013 - 5:39 PM
Why did the complainant sue for financial damages even if he now says he`ll donate them. He`d been better asking the court to demand the situation be fixed. Though after over 2 years of train travel annoucment logging, he had not heard a comprehensible annoucment only 26 times, go figure.Johannes Monday 4 February, 2013 - 5:37 PM
State Rail needs to start employing people who can speak English, that is English! not some multicultural dribble that only the speaker understands.Peter Monday 4 February, 2013 - 11:21 AM
Yes. I agree with this outcome. I have travelled on trains for more than 35 years here in Sydney and the central coast. I am sick of Railway employed migrants muttering away in broken English on train loud speakers! They are not intelligable communications at all. Half baked foreign language. Improve it O'Farrell or you shall be gone just like Gillard and co.So sharpen up O'Farrell.Sandra M Sunday 3 February, 2013 - 9:34 PM