- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- Felipe Massa Grand Prix favourite?
- The best spins of the news week
- Flu season hitting early this year?
- How will credit changes affect you?
- Late doctors should give discounts?
- Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
Need for clearer rail announcements
A court has found RailCorp discriminated against a blind passenger by failing to provide clear announcements. Paul Murray on the garbled train announcements that frustrate all train passengers, especially the blind.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
10:56am The NSW rail system discriminates against blind people with "haphazard and uncoordinated" announcements, court finds.
Ahhh the wonders of multiculturalism. Dont you all just feel so enriched? Hahaahha.Robert Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 12:37 PM
How hard is it to have pre-recorded messages that these imbeciles can play when needed - or can they not read English either?
How come it is easier to get around Paris on the trains without knowing any French?
We are so far behind!Marcia Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 11:21 AM
The guy who sued state rail could just be an old racist out to get money. Indian accents are wonderful, I like them to add some bollywood music to them though.Jo Monday 4 February, 2013 - 5:39 PM
Why did the complainant sue for financial damages even if he now says he`ll donate them. He`d been better asking the court to demand the situation be fixed. Though after over 2 years of train travel annoucment logging, he had not heard a comprehensible annoucment only 26 times, go figure.Johannes Monday 4 February, 2013 - 5:37 PM
State Rail needs to start employing people who can speak English, that is English! not some multicultural dribble that only the speaker understands.Peter Monday 4 February, 2013 - 11:21 AM
Yes. I agree with this outcome. I have travelled on trains for more than 35 years here in Sydney and the central coast. I am sick of Railway employed migrants muttering away in broken English on train loud speakers! They are not intelligable communications at all. Half baked foreign language. Improve it O'Farrell or you shall be gone just like Gillard and co.So sharpen up O'Farrell.Sandra M Sunday 3 February, 2013 - 9:34 PM