- Indian mum group founder speaks out
- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet headed?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dean on Fire takes hold at Barangaroo Quick lets close the airport, stop the ferries and evacuate the city just in case this thing kicks up some dust. No such ... more
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
New anti-smoking bans in place
Anti-smoking groups welcome an extension of smoking bans, with a number of places where lighting up is banned have been added to the list, including bus stops, taxi ranks and swimming pool complexes.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Economists are welcoming possible moves by the big four banks to cut interest rates independent of the Reserve Bank. AMP Chief Economist Shane Oliver says it could prompt much-needed consumer spending.
Real estate experts say it's no surprise Sydney's residential land values dropped for the first time in 6 years. Prices have fallen by .24% with the biggest falls recorded around the city's east and lower north shore.
Juliarrrr, get your state government to enforce the law. The hostpitals are their's and the police force is their's.James W Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 8:17 AM
Justin J James yes it is terrible... "I look forward to fines being issued or abolish bloody cigarette sales altogether." Thaat would be entirely appropriate. Don't stand on 1 leg waiting, this is all merely a Labor taxing feel good exercise by those stupid idiot Labor hypocrites in government. The incompetent movers and shakers can't even stop all the crimes, shootings on our damned streets. Obviously poisonous cigarettes should not be allowed any where near a bloody hospital and no doubt all good doctors would welcome that! Even the damned prisons are/have completely banning unhealthy deadly cigarettes...JULIARRRR Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 1:39 PM
The money goes to pay our bills Jester, it's all part of the $315Bn per year tax take. Paying for health care is no small part of our expenses.James W Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 8:30 AM
@Juliarr - we have the same problem at most hospitals so you're not Robinson Cruso. Here on the central coast there has been signage up for years banning smoking in and around hospitals. Yet every time I go to visit someone there, one has to wade through the rotten damned cigarette smoke at almost every external door opening. Patients of hospital there minus legs, arms and whatever else smoking themselves stupid. They just do not learn. I look forward to fines being issued or abolish bloody cigarette sales altogether.Justin J James Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:00 PM
Unfortunately no government would never have the guts to ban these rotten things as they depend on the tax for revenue! Only question is, where does the money go?Jester4212 Monday 7 January, 2013 - 2:04 PM
The big question is will these smoking bans be enforced??? I can't see this smoking ban happening right outside the front doors of Westmead and Blacktown Hospitals. When you walk in and out of these damned places the smoke is bloody horrible around the entrance doorways with patients and staff hanging about smoking with their poisonous smoke pouring into your gasping mouth. Many complaints have already been made but on completely deaf ears. Clearly deadly cigarettes are downright poisonous and therefore not fit for any human consumption. The false pretentious Labor government are pussy footing about with this crucial issue and are completely ignoring this fact. Otherwise Labor would take the initiative and completely ban the sale of cigarettes...JULIARRR Monday 7 January, 2013 - 11:04 AM