- Insecticides & Parkinson's link?
- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
News footage: what should go to air?
When shots were fired in suburban Sydney, media crews took action to get footage for the news. With social media & instant news feeds, Paul Murray looks at what images should not be to put on air & online.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Have we become too voyeuristic? What footage should and shouldn't be show on television news? Paul Murray with an incredibly touching interview with Gary from Campbelltown.
You will recognize the news story he speaks about, and may come to understand the incredible pain at the process he has been through.
Detectives are expected to comb over a Sydney trucking company again today as they investigate the execution of a senior Hells Angels bikie member at Wetherill Park. Stuart Bocking on the shooting.
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
We can show single mothers battling on a pension, but how about showing the childs astranged father on the birth certificate. This way the govt. can stop pensions to them and get the fathers to pay up.Johannes Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 11:37 PM
@Jo, I think you are too much of a coward to admit that you have a chip on your shoulder with a certain population group. Halal slaughter is a procedure of slaughtering certain animals for the purpose of food consumption, much as Kosher slaughter is. You don't say anything about slaughter by hunting which is for mere pleasure and should be condemned. By the way, I am very much against willy-nilly abortion for convenience. However, bigotry has nothing to do with my position. You can't say the same as you seem to draw parallels between abortion and halal slaughter.Terrence Friday 18 January, 2013 - 8:53 PM
Official unemployment figures maybe only 5.6% or whatever but how do they calculate that? I have been unemployed for nearly six months since being made redundant. I dont qualify for any benefits though so probably dont count in the figures!Caroline Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 11:38 AM
They are too scared to show a Halal Slaughter in Australia, but scream when it`s done o`seas. How about they allow the anti-abortion ad that shows an actual abortion with the baby screaming. But it`s OK to show M15+ movies on TV, go figure.Jo Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
As an old TV person from back when there was morals, I find that the producers and reporters of today have the presentation and production skills of small rodents. They are without shame and will stoop lower than a cockcroches backside for a story whether it is true in fact or fiction in falsehood, whether it is in the public interest or just something to fill the timeslot until the next commercial break. Australian Television died years ago only nobody bothered to tell them!Peter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:06 PM
A sign of the times! I think this ghoulish predictable conduct is plainly damned evil. Obviously these Godforsaken low media scumbags would not want this sort of thing happening to a member of their own family, would they!! However, evidently a lot of twisted viewers and advertisers and politicians do want it. Otherwise the television stations would not be so eager to go down into hell for their 30 pieces of silver, maybe one day they all will stay down there in hell? Todays hypocritical atheist Labor loving hardly "ethics" media are bankrupt of good Aussie moral Christian values and only when it conveniently suits them they become all so caring and sanctimonious for a minute or two. Then they quickly put their bloody horns back on. Therefore we don't bother with crappy commercial television anymore and now happily watch good inspirational Christian free to air satellite television channels like EWTN, the Eternal Word Television Network, Catholic television channel and many other good Christian channels, all for free! Good wholesome television for all the family without all the other grubbiness. Who needs it???www.abortiontruth.com Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:11 PM