- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
News footage: what should go to air?
When shots were fired in suburban Sydney, media crews took action to get footage for the news. With social media & instant news feeds, Paul Murray looks at what images should not be to put on air & online.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Have we become too voyeuristic? What footage should and shouldn't be show on television news? Paul Murray with an incredibly touching interview with Gary from Campbelltown.
You will recognize the news story he speaks about, and may come to understand the incredible pain at the process he has been through.
Detectives are expected to comb over a Sydney trucking company again today as they investigate the execution of a senior Hells Angels bikie member at Wetherill Park. Stuart Bocking on the shooting.
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
We can show single mothers battling on a pension, but how about showing the childs astranged father on the birth certificate. This way the govt. can stop pensions to them and get the fathers to pay up.Johannes Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 11:37 PM
@Jo, I think you are too much of a coward to admit that you have a chip on your shoulder with a certain population group. Halal slaughter is a procedure of slaughtering certain animals for the purpose of food consumption, much as Kosher slaughter is. You don't say anything about slaughter by hunting which is for mere pleasure and should be condemned. By the way, I am very much against willy-nilly abortion for convenience. However, bigotry has nothing to do with my position. You can't say the same as you seem to draw parallels between abortion and halal slaughter.Terrence Friday 18 January, 2013 - 8:53 PM
Official unemployment figures maybe only 5.6% or whatever but how do they calculate that? I have been unemployed for nearly six months since being made redundant. I dont qualify for any benefits though so probably dont count in the figures!Caroline Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 11:38 AM
They are too scared to show a Halal Slaughter in Australia, but scream when it`s done o`seas. How about they allow the anti-abortion ad that shows an actual abortion with the baby screaming. But it`s OK to show M15+ movies on TV, go figure.Jo Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
As an old TV person from back when there was morals, I find that the producers and reporters of today have the presentation and production skills of small rodents. They are without shame and will stoop lower than a cockcroches backside for a story whether it is true in fact or fiction in falsehood, whether it is in the public interest or just something to fill the timeslot until the next commercial break. Australian Television died years ago only nobody bothered to tell them!Peter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:06 PM
A sign of the times! I think this ghoulish predictable conduct is plainly damned evil. Obviously these Godforsaken low media scumbags would not want this sort of thing happening to a member of their own family, would they!! However, evidently a lot of twisted viewers and advertisers and politicians do want it. Otherwise the television stations would not be so eager to go down into hell for their 30 pieces of silver, maybe one day they all will stay down there in hell? Todays hypocritical atheist Labor loving hardly "ethics" media are bankrupt of good Aussie moral Christian values and only when it conveniently suits them they become all so caring and sanctimonious for a minute or two. Then they quickly put their bloody horns back on. Therefore we don't bother with crappy commercial television anymore and now happily watch good inspirational Christian free to air satellite television channels like EWTN, the Eternal Word Television Network, Catholic television channel and many other good Christian channels, all for free! Good wholesome television for all the family without all the other grubbiness. Who needs it???www.abortiontruth.com Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:11 PM