- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
News footage: what should go to air?
When shots were fired in suburban Sydney, media crews took action to get footage for the news. With social media & instant news feeds, Paul Murray looks at what images should not be to put on air & online.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Have we become too voyeuristic? What footage should and shouldn't be show on television news? Paul Murray with an incredibly touching interview with Gary from Campbelltown.
You will recognize the news story he speaks about, and may come to understand the incredible pain at the process he has been through.
Detectives are expected to comb over a Sydney trucking company again today as they investigate the execution of a senior Hells Angels bikie member at Wetherill Park. Stuart Bocking on the shooting.
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
We can show single mothers battling on a pension, but how about showing the childs astranged father on the birth certificate. This way the govt. can stop pensions to them and get the fathers to pay up.Johannes Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 11:37 PM
@Jo, I think you are too much of a coward to admit that you have a chip on your shoulder with a certain population group. Halal slaughter is a procedure of slaughtering certain animals for the purpose of food consumption, much as Kosher slaughter is. You don't say anything about slaughter by hunting which is for mere pleasure and should be condemned. By the way, I am very much against willy-nilly abortion for convenience. However, bigotry has nothing to do with my position. You can't say the same as you seem to draw parallels between abortion and halal slaughter.Terrence Friday 18 January, 2013 - 8:53 PM
Official unemployment figures maybe only 5.6% or whatever but how do they calculate that? I have been unemployed for nearly six months since being made redundant. I dont qualify for any benefits though so probably dont count in the figures!Caroline Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 11:38 AM
They are too scared to show a Halal Slaughter in Australia, but scream when it`s done o`seas. How about they allow the anti-abortion ad that shows an actual abortion with the baby screaming. But it`s OK to show M15+ movies on TV, go figure.Jo Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
As an old TV person from back when there was morals, I find that the producers and reporters of today have the presentation and production skills of small rodents. They are without shame and will stoop lower than a cockcroches backside for a story whether it is true in fact or fiction in falsehood, whether it is in the public interest or just something to fill the timeslot until the next commercial break. Australian Television died years ago only nobody bothered to tell them!Peter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:06 PM
A sign of the times! I think this ghoulish predictable conduct is plainly damned evil. Obviously these Godforsaken low media scumbags would not want this sort of thing happening to a member of their own family, would they!! However, evidently a lot of twisted viewers and advertisers and politicians do want it. Otherwise the television stations would not be so eager to go down into hell for their 30 pieces of silver, maybe one day they all will stay down there in hell? Todays hypocritical atheist Labor loving hardly "ethics" media are bankrupt of good Aussie moral Christian values and only when it conveniently suits them they become all so caring and sanctimonious for a minute or two. Then they quickly put their bloody horns back on. Therefore we don't bother with crappy commercial television anymore and now happily watch good inspirational Christian free to air satellite television channels like EWTN, the Eternal Word Television Network, Catholic television channel and many other good Christian channels, all for free! Good wholesome television for all the family without all the other grubbiness. Who needs it???www.abortiontruth.com Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:11 PM