- Parliament House $800 doorknob?
- Sydney facing homeless challenge
- NRL Monopoly: twitter goes viral
- Australia's record games gold haul
- Loo with a view a step too far?
- Sydney Art: what do you think?
- McClymont: He who must be Obeid
- Terror links to Aussies in Syria
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Australia's record games gold haul This is the best news story and 'reality' TV in the last two weeks, will be sorry when it's all over, so proud of our ... more
- Tony on Terror links to Aussies in Syria Does anybody really think that these lowlife scum of the earth will ever see the inside of an Australian prision? What the ... more
- Loudon Cleary on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Artless, ugly, a mindless scribble that must have taken all of 30 seconds to conceive and draw. Jorn Utzen, where are you? more
- Join the Q Society on No place to top up Opal cards? I can't even find out how much want to charge me to buy one to get the honour of paying for a ride! more
- Jan McTiernan on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD It looks like it could be a lightening conductor.I hope no one dies from it.Cannot see it being a big tourist attraction. more
- Cleangirl on What to call the new CBD sculpture? The Wilted Clover. more
- Cleangirl on Work for Dole rules far too strict? You can`t have these guys doing nothing. Send the long termers off to pick fruit for 6 week stints, others to take up those ... more
- fabio on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Cheap CRUSADE against unemployed!Pick on the rich tax dodgers more
- Samuel J on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Well, I don't think it is a caricature of the shape of Clover Moore - it is more of a bastardised shape of body of Marilyn ... more
- carole on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a complete waste of our money. God save us from idiots.. more
- Laura on No place to top up Opal cards? Why hasn't the Govt. organised a solution regarding the purchase of OPAL tickets? this is a nightmare for all commuters ... more
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Jester4212 on No place to top up Opal cards? Even with our horrible 'Myki' travel solution in Melbourne we can still top up at all train stations.Forget about these auto ... more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
News footage: what should go to air?
When shots were fired in suburban Sydney, media crews took action to get footage for the news. With social media & instant news feeds, Paul Murray looks at what images should not be to put on air & online.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Have we become too voyeuristic? What footage should and shouldn't be show on television news? Paul Murray with an incredibly touching interview with Gary from Campbelltown.
You will recognize the news story he speaks about, and may come to understand the incredible pain at the process he has been through.
Detectives are expected to comb over a Sydney trucking company again today as they investigate the execution of a senior Hells Angels bikie member at Wetherill Park. Stuart Bocking on the shooting.
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
We can show single mothers battling on a pension, but how about showing the childs astranged father on the birth certificate. This way the govt. can stop pensions to them and get the fathers to pay up.Johannes Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 11:37 PM
@Jo, I think you are too much of a coward to admit that you have a chip on your shoulder with a certain population group. Halal slaughter is a procedure of slaughtering certain animals for the purpose of food consumption, much as Kosher slaughter is. You don't say anything about slaughter by hunting which is for mere pleasure and should be condemned. By the way, I am very much against willy-nilly abortion for convenience. However, bigotry has nothing to do with my position. You can't say the same as you seem to draw parallels between abortion and halal slaughter.Terrence Friday 18 January, 2013 - 8:53 PM
Official unemployment figures maybe only 5.6% or whatever but how do they calculate that? I have been unemployed for nearly six months since being made redundant. I dont qualify for any benefits though so probably dont count in the figures!Caroline Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 11:38 AM
They are too scared to show a Halal Slaughter in Australia, but scream when it`s done o`seas. How about they allow the anti-abortion ad that shows an actual abortion with the baby screaming. But it`s OK to show M15+ movies on TV, go figure.Jo Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
As an old TV person from back when there was morals, I find that the producers and reporters of today have the presentation and production skills of small rodents. They are without shame and will stoop lower than a cockcroches backside for a story whether it is true in fact or fiction in falsehood, whether it is in the public interest or just something to fill the timeslot until the next commercial break. Australian Television died years ago only nobody bothered to tell them!Peter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:06 PM
A sign of the times! I think this ghoulish predictable conduct is plainly damned evil. Obviously these Godforsaken low media scumbags would not want this sort of thing happening to a member of their own family, would they!! However, evidently a lot of twisted viewers and advertisers and politicians do want it. Otherwise the television stations would not be so eager to go down into hell for their 30 pieces of silver, maybe one day they all will stay down there in hell? Todays hypocritical atheist Labor loving hardly "ethics" media are bankrupt of good Aussie moral Christian values and only when it conveniently suits them they become all so caring and sanctimonious for a minute or two. Then they quickly put their bloody horns back on. Therefore we don't bother with crappy commercial television anymore and now happily watch good inspirational Christian free to air satellite television channels like EWTN, the Eternal Word Television Network, Catholic television channel and many other good Christian channels, all for free! Good wholesome television for all the family without all the other grubbiness. Who needs it???www.abortiontruth.com Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:11 PM