- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
News footage: what should go to air?
When shots were fired in suburban Sydney, media crews took action to get footage for the news. With social media & instant news feeds, Paul Murray looks at what images should not be to put on air & online.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Have we become too voyeuristic? What footage should and shouldn't be show on television news? Paul Murray with an incredibly touching interview with Gary from Campbelltown.
You will recognize the news story he speaks about, and may come to understand the incredible pain at the process he has been through.
Detectives are expected to comb over a Sydney trucking company again today as they investigate the execution of a senior Hells Angels bikie member at Wetherill Park. Stuart Bocking on the shooting.
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
We can show single mothers battling on a pension, but how about showing the childs astranged father on the birth certificate. This way the govt. can stop pensions to them and get the fathers to pay up.Johannes Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 11:37 PM
@Jo, I think you are too much of a coward to admit that you have a chip on your shoulder with a certain population group. Halal slaughter is a procedure of slaughtering certain animals for the purpose of food consumption, much as Kosher slaughter is. You don't say anything about slaughter by hunting which is for mere pleasure and should be condemned. By the way, I am very much against willy-nilly abortion for convenience. However, bigotry has nothing to do with my position. You can't say the same as you seem to draw parallels between abortion and halal slaughter.Terrence Friday 18 January, 2013 - 8:53 PM
Official unemployment figures maybe only 5.6% or whatever but how do they calculate that? I have been unemployed for nearly six months since being made redundant. I dont qualify for any benefits though so probably dont count in the figures!Caroline Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 11:38 AM
They are too scared to show a Halal Slaughter in Australia, but scream when it`s done o`seas. How about they allow the anti-abortion ad that shows an actual abortion with the baby screaming. But it`s OK to show M15+ movies on TV, go figure.Jo Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
As an old TV person from back when there was morals, I find that the producers and reporters of today have the presentation and production skills of small rodents. They are without shame and will stoop lower than a cockcroches backside for a story whether it is true in fact or fiction in falsehood, whether it is in the public interest or just something to fill the timeslot until the next commercial break. Australian Television died years ago only nobody bothered to tell them!Peter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:06 PM
A sign of the times! I think this ghoulish predictable conduct is plainly damned evil. Obviously these Godforsaken low media scumbags would not want this sort of thing happening to a member of their own family, would they!! However, evidently a lot of twisted viewers and advertisers and politicians do want it. Otherwise the television stations would not be so eager to go down into hell for their 30 pieces of silver, maybe one day they all will stay down there in hell? Todays hypocritical atheist Labor loving hardly "ethics" media are bankrupt of good Aussie moral Christian values and only when it conveniently suits them they become all so caring and sanctimonious for a minute or two. Then they quickly put their bloody horns back on. Therefore we don't bother with crappy commercial television anymore and now happily watch good inspirational Christian free to air satellite television channels like EWTN, the Eternal Word Television Network, Catholic television channel and many other good Christian channels, all for free! Good wholesome television for all the family without all the other grubbiness. Who needs it???www.abortiontruth.com Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:11 PM