- Indian mum group founder speaks out
- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet headed?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dean on Fire takes hold at Barangaroo Quick lets close the airport, stop the ferries and evacuate the city just in case this thing kicks up some dust. No such ... more
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
No easy answers to asylum seekers
The western world is being flooded with hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers, and Australia is not on its own attempting to find a solution. John Stanley on where there is simply no easy answer to asylum seekers.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I am still waiting for all my freebie handouts from all the generous taxpayers of Australia - I have been paying taxes since 1966 in Australia and I have had to pay for everything I have - I am now selling things I have purchased so that I can continue to pay my tax bill each year - call me a twisted xenophobe or what ever you like but I will always be the Australian Tax payer (ie 'MUG') until I find another place to go to thats better than here. Perhaps the people trafficers could run a few low cost airlines for us - they dont seem to be going broke with this Federal Govt in power.Tax Payer Monday 20 February, 2012 - 7:20 PM
@proud infidel, yes indeed, they hate the US but love the US dollar too!!leslie Monday 20 February, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Just because some Roman Catholics use conceptives , does not cancel the Pope's teaching on the pill. Like wise just because some Muslims are nice, does not cancel the Koran and Islam scholars teaching that it is the duty of every Muslim to kill the Jews. They want to overthrow Australia and make it an Islamic country under Sharia law. You need to be careful who Muslim settlers are. Tell a Muslim family moving in to the house that a Jewish family lived them before them. Watch their reaction.proud infidel Monday 20 February, 2012 - 11:45 AM
Working Australians, you don't have a country any more.
Get used to it, you will be working for asylum seekers for the rest of your lives.
Remember this when you vote.Peter Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:50 AM
You`d need the wisdom of Solomon, I agree. But I`d start by not giving them free Cigarettes, internet, Dental, Doctors, Glasses, cooking and laundry, money, free Lawyers etc etc. How many workers do we have here who get none of these freebies, it only gives them a me me me attitude, they need tempory visa`s and jobs, not red carpetJohn A Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 11:14 PM
NO Australian citizen gets a FREE fully self contained home with ALL new furnishings, computers, internet, iPods, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, sewing machine etc AND have NO bond, advance rent or ANY future rent, electricity & phone connection, phone, internet, mobile phone, gas, water & electricity bills ALL paid for as well as free medical dental optical, a welcome pack of food after being provided free cigarettes, pocket money, $2,000 excursion allowance, $50 pocket weekly money?, hairdressing, wardrobe of clothing, free food housing medical dental & shopping, cooking, cleaning & laundry provided then given a bridging visa & 85% of welfare benefit cash [Outrageous seeing they have ALL their expenses paid for already] & the taxpayer funded advocacy groups working on the numerous appeals costly process at OUR expense before being given the tick to stay permanently at OUR expense AND bring out ALL their relatives at OUR expense on the family reunion rort!
Millions more are lined up for this invasion at taxpayers expense.
JuLIAR Rudd LIEbor Greens has forfeited their right to govern by this deliberate treachery and MUST step down.
NO more bloody excuses!
The people are waiting to vote them ALL out & replace them with a Govt that WILL serve in the interests of Australia & its people.Another Proud Aussie Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 4:13 PM