- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
No easy answers to asylum seekers
The western world is being flooded with hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers, and Australia is not on its own attempting to find a solution. John Stanley on where there is simply no easy answer to asylum seekers.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I am still waiting for all my freebie handouts from all the generous taxpayers of Australia - I have been paying taxes since 1966 in Australia and I have had to pay for everything I have - I am now selling things I have purchased so that I can continue to pay my tax bill each year - call me a twisted xenophobe or what ever you like but I will always be the Australian Tax payer (ie 'MUG') until I find another place to go to thats better than here. Perhaps the people trafficers could run a few low cost airlines for us - they dont seem to be going broke with this Federal Govt in power.Tax Payer Monday 20 February, 2012 - 7:20 PM
@proud infidel, yes indeed, they hate the US but love the US dollar too!!leslie Monday 20 February, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Just because some Roman Catholics use conceptives , does not cancel the Pope's teaching on the pill. Like wise just because some Muslims are nice, does not cancel the Koran and Islam scholars teaching that it is the duty of every Muslim to kill the Jews. They want to overthrow Australia and make it an Islamic country under Sharia law. You need to be careful who Muslim settlers are. Tell a Muslim family moving in to the house that a Jewish family lived them before them. Watch their reaction.proud infidel Monday 20 February, 2012 - 11:45 AM
Working Australians, you don't have a country any more.
Get used to it, you will be working for asylum seekers for the rest of your lives.
Remember this when you vote.Peter Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:50 AM
You`d need the wisdom of Solomon, I agree. But I`d start by not giving them free Cigarettes, internet, Dental, Doctors, Glasses, cooking and laundry, money, free Lawyers etc etc. How many workers do we have here who get none of these freebies, it only gives them a me me me attitude, they need tempory visa`s and jobs, not red carpetJohn A Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 11:14 PM
NO Australian citizen gets a FREE fully self contained home with ALL new furnishings, computers, internet, iPods, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, sewing machine etc AND have NO bond, advance rent or ANY future rent, electricity & phone connection, phone, internet, mobile phone, gas, water & electricity bills ALL paid for as well as free medical dental optical, a welcome pack of food after being provided free cigarettes, pocket money, $2,000 excursion allowance, $50 pocket weekly money?, hairdressing, wardrobe of clothing, free food housing medical dental & shopping, cooking, cleaning & laundry provided then given a bridging visa & 85% of welfare benefit cash [Outrageous seeing they have ALL their expenses paid for already] & the taxpayer funded advocacy groups working on the numerous appeals costly process at OUR expense before being given the tick to stay permanently at OUR expense AND bring out ALL their relatives at OUR expense on the family reunion rort!
Millions more are lined up for this invasion at taxpayers expense.
JuLIAR Rudd LIEbor Greens has forfeited their right to govern by this deliberate treachery and MUST step down.
NO more bloody excuses!
The people are waiting to vote them ALL out & replace them with a Govt that WILL serve in the interests of Australia & its people.Another Proud Aussie Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 4:13 PM