- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Child found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
No easy answers to asylum seekers
The western world is being flooded with hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers, and Australia is not on its own attempting to find a solution. John Stanley on where there is simply no easy answer to asylum seekers.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I am still waiting for all my freebie handouts from all the generous taxpayers of Australia - I have been paying taxes since 1966 in Australia and I have had to pay for everything I have - I am now selling things I have purchased so that I can continue to pay my tax bill each year - call me a twisted xenophobe or what ever you like but I will always be the Australian Tax payer (ie 'MUG') until I find another place to go to thats better than here. Perhaps the people trafficers could run a few low cost airlines for us - they dont seem to be going broke with this Federal Govt in power.Tax Payer Monday 20 February, 2012 - 7:20 PM
@proud infidel, yes indeed, they hate the US but love the US dollar too!!leslie Monday 20 February, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Just because some Roman Catholics use conceptives , does not cancel the Pope's teaching on the pill. Like wise just because some Muslims are nice, does not cancel the Koran and Islam scholars teaching that it is the duty of every Muslim to kill the Jews. They want to overthrow Australia and make it an Islamic country under Sharia law. You need to be careful who Muslim settlers are. Tell a Muslim family moving in to the house that a Jewish family lived them before them. Watch their reaction.proud infidel Monday 20 February, 2012 - 11:45 AM
Working Australians, you don't have a country any more.
Get used to it, you will be working for asylum seekers for the rest of your lives.
Remember this when you vote.Peter Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:50 AM
You`d need the wisdom of Solomon, I agree. But I`d start by not giving them free Cigarettes, internet, Dental, Doctors, Glasses, cooking and laundry, money, free Lawyers etc etc. How many workers do we have here who get none of these freebies, it only gives them a me me me attitude, they need tempory visa`s and jobs, not red carpetJohn A Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 11:14 PM
NO Australian citizen gets a FREE fully self contained home with ALL new furnishings, computers, internet, iPods, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, sewing machine etc AND have NO bond, advance rent or ANY future rent, electricity & phone connection, phone, internet, mobile phone, gas, water & electricity bills ALL paid for as well as free medical dental optical, a welcome pack of food after being provided free cigarettes, pocket money, $2,000 excursion allowance, $50 pocket weekly money?, hairdressing, wardrobe of clothing, free food housing medical dental & shopping, cooking, cleaning & laundry provided then given a bridging visa & 85% of welfare benefit cash [Outrageous seeing they have ALL their expenses paid for already] & the taxpayer funded advocacy groups working on the numerous appeals costly process at OUR expense before being given the tick to stay permanently at OUR expense AND bring out ALL their relatives at OUR expense on the family reunion rort!
Millions more are lined up for this invasion at taxpayers expense.
JuLIAR Rudd LIEbor Greens has forfeited their right to govern by this deliberate treachery and MUST step down.
NO more bloody excuses!
The people are waiting to vote them ALL out & replace them with a Govt that WILL serve in the interests of Australia & its people.Another Proud Aussie Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 4:13 PM