- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Nursing home sprinklers mandatory
Paul Murray has been pushing for some time, and now it is mandatory. All NSW nursing homes will be required to install sprinkler systems, but State Government has rejected their request to help pay for them.
Following last year's fatal fire at Quakers Hill, the government has decided all nursing home operators must either install sprinkler systems within 18-months, or produce a business-plan to show they will do so within three years.
State Planning Minister Brad Hazard, who has called on the Federal Government to help the industry meet the costs.
Paul Murray with the Minister for Ageing and Disability Services Andrew Constance on how it will work and how soon it will start.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray has proof sprinklers will save lives in nursing homes. He continues to press ahead with the campaign for sprinklers in nursing homes across the state following the fatal fire several months ago.
Paul Murray has campaigned to get sprinklers installed in every nursing home across the state, and every day we get closer to some action. He speaks with Amelia Christie about the latest action to dob in those without.
Paul, now that you have done such a marvelous job on getting the sprinklers mandated, can you now go in to bat on stopping the Muslim Colonisation of Australia!Bikinis not burkas! Saturday 18 August, 2012 - 4:33 AM
Sprinklers are a great start....perhaos they need to ensure that all staff that work in aged care have training to ensure they know what to do in the event of an emergency chancers are that staff would find an emergency before the sprinklers do.....John Friday 17 August, 2012 - 11:23 AM
We have a damned reckless Labor government incapable of running the country. There is no chance to get federal funding for sprinklers which should of been compulsory for licensing approval. The Labor government after all their wasted $billions in stupid donations to other countries who don't even like us, have no money left for battling Aussies.Sherene Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 5:36 PM