- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- Push to end drip-pricing costs
- Greens Grinch against Christmas
- Sneak peak at Sculptures by the Sea
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Nursing home sprinklers mandatory
Paul Murray has been pushing for some time, and now it is mandatory. All NSW nursing homes will be required to install sprinkler systems, but State Government has rejected their request to help pay for them.
Following last year's fatal fire at Quakers Hill, the government has decided all nursing home operators must either install sprinkler systems within 18-months, or produce a business-plan to show they will do so within three years.
State Planning Minister Brad Hazard, who has called on the Federal Government to help the industry meet the costs.
Paul Murray with the Minister for Ageing and Disability Services Andrew Constance on how it will work and how soon it will start.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray has proof sprinklers will save lives in nursing homes. He continues to press ahead with the campaign for sprinklers in nursing homes across the state following the fatal fire several months ago.
Paul Murray has campaigned to get sprinklers installed in every nursing home across the state, and every day we get closer to some action. He speaks with Amelia Christie about the latest action to dob in those without.
Paul, now that you have done such a marvelous job on getting the sprinklers mandated, can you now go in to bat on stopping the Muslim Colonisation of Australia!Bikinis not burkas! Saturday 18 August, 2012 - 4:33 AM
Sprinklers are a great start....perhaos they need to ensure that all staff that work in aged care have training to ensure they know what to do in the event of an emergency chancers are that staff would find an emergency before the sprinklers do.....John Friday 17 August, 2012 - 11:23 AM
We have a damned reckless Labor government incapable of running the country. There is no chance to get federal funding for sprinklers which should of been compulsory for licensing approval. The Labor government after all their wasted $billions in stupid donations to other countries who don't even like us, have no money left for battling Aussies.Sherene Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 5:36 PM