- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Opening Hours on ANZAC Day
Restrictions to retail trading hours apply on ANZAC Day, due to the Retail Trading Act 2008.
BWS Open from 1pm
Liquorland Open from 1pm
Dan Murphys Open from 1pm
Vintage Cellars Open from 1pm
AMF Bowling Open from 10am
Strike Bowling Open from 10am
Kingpin Bowling Open from 10am
BUNNINGS 1pm – 7pm
Terry White Open from 9:30am
Soul Pattinson Open from 8am
Chemmart Open from 8am
Hoyts Open from 9:30am
Greater Union Open from 9:30am
Dendy Open from 10am
Palace Open from 1pm
MUSEUM & GALLERIES
Art Gallery of NSW Open normal trading hours
Australian Museum Open normal trading hours
Australian Reptile Park Open normal trading hours
Australia Zoo Open normal trading hours
Aquarium Open normal trading hours
Jamberoo Open normal trading hours
Madame Tussuads Open normal trading hours
MCA Open normal trading hours
Mega Mini Golf Campbeltown Open normal trading hours
Pirates Mini Golf Warriewood Open normal trading hours
Powerhouse Museum Open normal trading hours
Unreal Mini Golf South Penrith Open normal trading hours
Taronga Zoo Open normal trading hours
NB: Clubs that do dawn services and breakfast will let people in for a half hour window - 5.45 - 6.15am. But, they’ll close up until official trading hours open at 9am or 10am.
BURWOOD RSL Open from 7am, for the march and complimentary breakfast is being offered.
CAMPELLTOWN RSL Open from 6am, 5:50am dawn service Mawson Park, after six free breakfast, 8:40am parade on Queen St, 9:15am main ANZAC day service.
CANTERBURY HURSTONE PARK RSL 3:45am government bus picking people up opposite the Club to go to the city for the dawn service. Open from 9am for screening of city ANZAC march. 11:30am $5 lunch. NSW Fire Brigade & Marching Girls. 5pm 2 Up.
CASTLE HILL RSL 6am dawn service at Arthur Whitling Park. Club open from 7am for breakfast, 12pm 2UP.
CLOVELLY Bowling Club Open from 10am, 12:30pm service, barefoot bowling.
CRONULLA RSL 5:30am dawn service at Munro Park, 7am club breakfast. Club opens at 10am.
ENGADINE RSL 6am dawn service and 7am breakfast, 2UP from midday.
HORNSBY RSL 4:30am assembly in front of club for dawn service, 4:50am march, 5am dawn service. 5:30am breakfast, 6am official speeches, 12pm lunch, 12:30 talent quest, 1:30pm 2-Up
HURSTVILLE RSL 6am march and service at Hurstville Memorial Square, Club open at 6:30am for breakfast. 12pm 2Up.
MOSMAN RSL 5:30am service at Georges Heights. Club open 10am, 2Upm at 2pm
PARRAMATTA RSL 4:30am dawn service at Prince Alfred, breakfast from 6am. Club open from 10am, 2UP 1pm.
PENRITH RSL 4:45am dawn service and breakfast. Club open from 9am. Live from 11am. 2Up from 1pm.
PETERSHAM RSL 6am dawn service and breakfast. Club opens at 10am.
RAMSGATE RSL 7:30am service and breakfast, live bands from 11am.
ROOTY HILL RSL 5am dawn service Mitchenbury and Raynell St and 6am breakfast. Club opens at 5am.
WINDSOR RSL Dawn service at Windsor Council Chambers. Club open for breakfast from 6am. 2up from 8:30am.
Caltex Open normal trading hours
Shell Open normal trading hours
BP Open normal trading hours
Metro Open normal trading hours
7/11 Open normal trading hours
Open from 1pm
Coles Open from 1pm
Woolworths Open from 1pm
TAKE AWAY FOOD
McDonald’s Open normal trading hours
KFC Open normal trading hours
Burger King Open normal trading hours
Oporto Open normal trading hours
Hungry Jacks Open normal trading hours
Bakers Delight Open normal trading hours
Dominos Open normal trading hours
Crust Pizza Open normal trading hours
Eagle Boys Open normal trading hours
Gloria Jeans Open normal trading hours
Starbucks Open normal trading hours
Blockbuster Open from 11am
Civic Video Open from 11am
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just because the shops open to trade & people go to them does not mean they respect our fallen & current service men any less! You can still choose to go or not...there will always be those who don't see this day as anything special & there is no point in trying to change their minds!
The world has become filled with a fast paced society, and people are busy regardless of the day if the week or occasion...perhaps Australia is right to "move with the times" & allow trading on Anzac Day...you can chose NOT to shop you know!!Sally Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 9:30 AM
To the previous comment, there are a lot of tourists in Australia on ANZAC day and they shouldn't have to put up with sitting around with nothing to do for a whole day, we're celebrating our sacrifices in wars, they're not celebrating that with us.Lauren Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 8:42 AM
ANZAC Day was previously and still should of course be, out of respect a full-day public holiday just like Christmas day, Good Friday etc like it used to be, when Australia was a moral and a caring, decent Australia. I think out of respect and decency, Tony Abbott would be very wise to reinstate ANZAC Day back to the previous appropriate full-day status.
N.B. Site-seeing Labor Prime Minister Julia Gillard and her entourage will be at the Gallipoli ANZAC Day commemoration for a full day and some!!Kieran Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM