- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- Video: When I grow Up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Opening Hours on ANZAC Day
Restrictions to retail trading hours apply on ANZAC Day, due to the Retail Trading Act 2008.
BWS Open from 1pm
Liquorland Open from 1pm
Dan Murphys Open from 1pm
Vintage Cellars Open from 1pm
AMF Bowling Open from 10am
Strike Bowling Open from 10am
Kingpin Bowling Open from 10am
BUNNINGS 1pm – 7pm
Terry White Open from 9:30am
Soul Pattinson Open from 8am
Chemmart Open from 8am
Hoyts Open from 9:30am
Greater Union Open from 9:30am
Dendy Open from 10am
Palace Open from 1pm
MUSEUM & GALLERIES
Art Gallery of NSW Open normal trading hours
Australian Museum Open normal trading hours
Australian Reptile Park Open normal trading hours
Australia Zoo Open normal trading hours
Aquarium Open normal trading hours
Jamberoo Open normal trading hours
Madame Tussuads Open normal trading hours
MCA Open normal trading hours
Mega Mini Golf Campbeltown Open normal trading hours
Pirates Mini Golf Warriewood Open normal trading hours
Powerhouse Museum Open normal trading hours
Unreal Mini Golf South Penrith Open normal trading hours
Taronga Zoo Open normal trading hours
NB: Clubs that do dawn services and breakfast will let people in for a half hour window - 5.45 - 6.15am. But, they’ll close up until official trading hours open at 9am or 10am.
BURWOOD RSL Open from 7am, for the march and complimentary breakfast is being offered.
CAMPELLTOWN RSL Open from 6am, 5:50am dawn service Mawson Park, after six free breakfast, 8:40am parade on Queen St, 9:15am main ANZAC day service.
CANTERBURY HURSTONE PARK RSL 3:45am government bus picking people up opposite the Club to go to the city for the dawn service. Open from 9am for screening of city ANZAC march. 11:30am $5 lunch. NSW Fire Brigade & Marching Girls. 5pm 2 Up.
CASTLE HILL RSL 6am dawn service at Arthur Whitling Park. Club open from 7am for breakfast, 12pm 2UP.
CLOVELLY Bowling Club Open from 10am, 12:30pm service, barefoot bowling.
CRONULLA RSL 5:30am dawn service at Munro Park, 7am club breakfast. Club opens at 10am.
ENGADINE RSL 6am dawn service and 7am breakfast, 2UP from midday.
HORNSBY RSL 4:30am assembly in front of club for dawn service, 4:50am march, 5am dawn service. 5:30am breakfast, 6am official speeches, 12pm lunch, 12:30 talent quest, 1:30pm 2-Up
HURSTVILLE RSL 6am march and service at Hurstville Memorial Square, Club open at 6:30am for breakfast. 12pm 2Up.
MOSMAN RSL 5:30am service at Georges Heights. Club open 10am, 2Upm at 2pm
PARRAMATTA RSL 4:30am dawn service at Prince Alfred, breakfast from 6am. Club open from 10am, 2UP 1pm.
PENRITH RSL 4:45am dawn service and breakfast. Club open from 9am. Live from 11am. 2Up from 1pm.
PETERSHAM RSL 6am dawn service and breakfast. Club opens at 10am.
RAMSGATE RSL 7:30am service and breakfast, live bands from 11am.
ROOTY HILL RSL 5am dawn service Mitchenbury and Raynell St and 6am breakfast. Club opens at 5am.
WINDSOR RSL Dawn service at Windsor Council Chambers. Club open for breakfast from 6am. 2up from 8:30am.
Caltex Open normal trading hours
Shell Open normal trading hours
BP Open normal trading hours
Metro Open normal trading hours
7/11 Open normal trading hours
Open from 1pm
Coles Open from 1pm
Woolworths Open from 1pm
TAKE AWAY FOOD
McDonald’s Open normal trading hours
KFC Open normal trading hours
Burger King Open normal trading hours
Oporto Open normal trading hours
Hungry Jacks Open normal trading hours
Bakers Delight Open normal trading hours
Dominos Open normal trading hours
Crust Pizza Open normal trading hours
Eagle Boys Open normal trading hours
Gloria Jeans Open normal trading hours
Starbucks Open normal trading hours
Blockbuster Open from 11am
Civic Video Open from 11am
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just because the shops open to trade & people go to them does not mean they respect our fallen & current service men any less! You can still choose to go or not...there will always be those who don't see this day as anything special & there is no point in trying to change their minds!
The world has become filled with a fast paced society, and people are busy regardless of the day if the week or occasion...perhaps Australia is right to "move with the times" & allow trading on Anzac Day...you can chose NOT to shop you know!!Sally Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 9:30 AM
To the previous comment, there are a lot of tourists in Australia on ANZAC day and they shouldn't have to put up with sitting around with nothing to do for a whole day, we're celebrating our sacrifices in wars, they're not celebrating that with us.Lauren Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 8:42 AM
ANZAC Day was previously and still should of course be, out of respect a full-day public holiday just like Christmas day, Good Friday etc like it used to be, when Australia was a moral and a caring, decent Australia. I think out of respect and decency, Tony Abbott would be very wise to reinstate ANZAC Day back to the previous appropriate full-day status.
N.B. Site-seeing Labor Prime Minister Julia Gillard and her entourage will be at the Gallipoli ANZAC Day commemoration for a full day and some!!Kieran Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM