- Tim Webster's Arabian Desert Safari
- Tim Webster at the Burj Khalifa in Dubai
- Tim Webster at the Dubai Autodrome
- Fancy a bit of Camel Polo in Dubai?
- Aussie expat just loves life in Dubai
- Tim Webster talks about Dubai Tourism
- Disabled parking demerit points
- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- md nurul amin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! pathetic news for me and shocked at the dawn demise of HUGE. CA lost a legend' tribute to him more
- Paul Carter on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My condolences to Phillip Hughes Family, Friends and the Cricket Fraternity after his tragic death yesterday. more
- Yvonne Holmes on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My deepest sympathy to Phillip Hughes' family at this tragic time. I have joined thousands of others in crying for your ... more
- Mohammed Salim on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! In Memory of Philip HughesCricket is not just a game but a family. We are all brothers ; surpassing borders and nations. We ... more
- Dr Wajdi Hadi on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My Condolences to family and to all Australia,May God give patience to his family and friends.I suggets to gather support to ... more
- kathleen, richard, ryan & blake on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We have followed your journey and with sadness, we along with your family and friends mourn the loss of a talented player ... more
- Colin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! A very very sad day for the world of cricket. So sorry for Phillip Hughes and his family. RIP PhilSpare a thought for Sean ... more
- sada siwan on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! have not met him, but there are some cricketers whom I just like and Phil is one of them. may god be with you and rest in ... more
- Trevor Lord on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened as an ex East St resident. Knew his mum casually at Macksville RSL.his uncle cut my 90 year old parents ... more
- Ross & Sylvia Tollow on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We express our deepest sympathy to all the Hughes family, may your son and brother rest in peace. Our thoughts are also with ... more
- Tejas on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My best wishes to the family. He passed playing the game he loved. He reminds us how precious life is. Please let his death ... more
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
Opening Hours on ANZAC Day
Restrictions to retail trading hours apply on ANZAC Day, due to the Retail Trading Act 2008.
BWS Open from 1pm
Liquorland Open from 1pm
Dan Murphys Open from 1pm
Vintage Cellars Open from 1pm
AMF Bowling Open from 10am
Strike Bowling Open from 10am
Kingpin Bowling Open from 10am
BUNNINGS 1pm – 7pm
Terry White Open from 9:30am
Soul Pattinson Open from 8am
Chemmart Open from 8am
Hoyts Open from 9:30am
Greater Union Open from 9:30am
Dendy Open from 10am
Palace Open from 1pm
MUSEUM & GALLERIES
Art Gallery of NSW Open normal trading hours
Australian Museum Open normal trading hours
Australian Reptile Park Open normal trading hours
Australia Zoo Open normal trading hours
Aquarium Open normal trading hours
Jamberoo Open normal trading hours
Madame Tussuads Open normal trading hours
MCA Open normal trading hours
Mega Mini Golf Campbeltown Open normal trading hours
Pirates Mini Golf Warriewood Open normal trading hours
Powerhouse Museum Open normal trading hours
Unreal Mini Golf South Penrith Open normal trading hours
Taronga Zoo Open normal trading hours
NB: Clubs that do dawn services and breakfast will let people in for a half hour window - 5.45 - 6.15am. But, they’ll close up until official trading hours open at 9am or 10am.
BURWOOD RSL Open from 7am, for the march and complimentary breakfast is being offered.
CAMPELLTOWN RSL Open from 6am, 5:50am dawn service Mawson Park, after six free breakfast, 8:40am parade on Queen St, 9:15am main ANZAC day service.
CANTERBURY HURSTONE PARK RSL 3:45am government bus picking people up opposite the Club to go to the city for the dawn service. Open from 9am for screening of city ANZAC march. 11:30am $5 lunch. NSW Fire Brigade & Marching Girls. 5pm 2 Up.
CASTLE HILL RSL 6am dawn service at Arthur Whitling Park. Club open from 7am for breakfast, 12pm 2UP.
CLOVELLY Bowling Club Open from 10am, 12:30pm service, barefoot bowling.
CRONULLA RSL 5:30am dawn service at Munro Park, 7am club breakfast. Club opens at 10am.
ENGADINE RSL 6am dawn service and 7am breakfast, 2UP from midday.
HORNSBY RSL 4:30am assembly in front of club for dawn service, 4:50am march, 5am dawn service. 5:30am breakfast, 6am official speeches, 12pm lunch, 12:30 talent quest, 1:30pm 2-Up
HURSTVILLE RSL 6am march and service at Hurstville Memorial Square, Club open at 6:30am for breakfast. 12pm 2Up.
MOSMAN RSL 5:30am service at Georges Heights. Club open 10am, 2Upm at 2pm
PARRAMATTA RSL 4:30am dawn service at Prince Alfred, breakfast from 6am. Club open from 10am, 2UP 1pm.
PENRITH RSL 4:45am dawn service and breakfast. Club open from 9am. Live from 11am. 2Up from 1pm.
PETERSHAM RSL 6am dawn service and breakfast. Club opens at 10am.
RAMSGATE RSL 7:30am service and breakfast, live bands from 11am.
ROOTY HILL RSL 5am dawn service Mitchenbury and Raynell St and 6am breakfast. Club opens at 5am.
WINDSOR RSL Dawn service at Windsor Council Chambers. Club open for breakfast from 6am. 2up from 8:30am.
Caltex Open normal trading hours
Shell Open normal trading hours
BP Open normal trading hours
Metro Open normal trading hours
7/11 Open normal trading hours
Open from 1pm
Coles Open from 1pm
Woolworths Open from 1pm
TAKE AWAY FOOD
McDonald’s Open normal trading hours
KFC Open normal trading hours
Burger King Open normal trading hours
Oporto Open normal trading hours
Hungry Jacks Open normal trading hours
Bakers Delight Open normal trading hours
Dominos Open normal trading hours
Crust Pizza Open normal trading hours
Eagle Boys Open normal trading hours
Gloria Jeans Open normal trading hours
Starbucks Open normal trading hours
Blockbuster Open from 11am
Civic Video Open from 11am
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just because the shops open to trade & people go to them does not mean they respect our fallen & current service men any less! You can still choose to go or not...there will always be those who don't see this day as anything special & there is no point in trying to change their minds!
The world has become filled with a fast paced society, and people are busy regardless of the day if the week or occasion...perhaps Australia is right to "move with the times" & allow trading on Anzac Day...you can chose NOT to shop you know!!Sally Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 9:30 AM
To the previous comment, there are a lot of tourists in Australia on ANZAC day and they shouldn't have to put up with sitting around with nothing to do for a whole day, we're celebrating our sacrifices in wars, they're not celebrating that with us.Lauren Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 8:42 AM
ANZAC Day was previously and still should of course be, out of respect a full-day public holiday just like Christmas day, Good Friday etc like it used to be, when Australia was a moral and a caring, decent Australia. I think out of respect and decency, Tony Abbott would be very wise to reinstate ANZAC Day back to the previous appropriate full-day status.
N.B. Site-seeing Labor Prime Minister Julia Gillard and her entourage will be at the Gallipoli ANZAC Day commemoration for a full day and some!!Kieran Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM