- End of Aussie car manufacturing?
- What angers you on Sydney roads?
- Holden to end manufacturing by 2017
- Move aside macaroon, eclair's here!
- ARU: new third tier of competition?
- Sociopathic bosses: what to do?
- Driving holiday: beware micro sleep?
- Drones to help stop shark attack?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Back flipping is Tony's and Joe's preferred method of movement, these days. A good thing Joe dropped quite a few kgs, he's ... more
- paulo on Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela Never forget here in Australia our treatment of blacks.from the end of the 19th century until the 1960s half caste children ... more
- Cleangirl on Is cheerleading really a sport? Yes, but they should be wearing over-alls, not shaving under their arms and they require tribal tattoos, or so want the ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I doubt the veracity of this so called 'poll.' It was most probable that it was conducted in 'die-hard' labor party and ... more
- PJ on Why are Coalition behind in polls? One sentence; Labor Left OWN the media.Coalition has been blamed for the Spy scandal, Qantas and Holden. All problems ... more
- Jo on Are Sydney's trains too unreliable? Yes trains are unreliable but from someone who catches a bus 10-12 times a week or more buses are worse and something needs ... more
- peter on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I don't care if they are behind in the polls at least we don't have to listen ugly voice of Gillard I think it is funny how ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? People are probably realising that the 2013 vintage LNP are at least as big a bullsh#*ters as any other Governing party that ... more
- annette on Why are Coalition behind in polls? the fact that the liberals want to kill off our car industry and kill off our national airline , both should be bailed out. ... more
- rolland on Why are Coalition behind in polls? sick of all the lies from this govt the secrecy with hiding the boats, the attacks on our national broadcaster, christopher ... more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Robert the normal racist answer.Just because you think the racist white only policy was fine does not mean that all whites ... more
- Felicia on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Political analysis with Dicko. That'll do me. more
- Stew on Expect intense bushfires more often The professor has zero cred. Just look at his record....Glad he is off the taxpayers teat. History will judge him ... more
Our education standards slipping?
There are calls for teachers to be better trained with a report showing Australian children are lagging behind the world in key school subjects. Tim Webster & Tracey Spicer ask why our standards are dropping.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just what is private these days? Has the era of the Orwellian big brother arrived? John Stanley looks at text messages presented in recent major public court cases and questions whether any of have any privacy.
Hundreds are expected to pack a Sydney church today to farewell slain Detective Bryson Anderson. Police Association's Scott Webber says the force is continuing to stand tall with his wife and three kids.
The slime green very political, whinging Labor Teachers Federation and its know-all arrogant and over-paid and underworked members rule the schools and they get a big 'F' for failing to teach the essential basics properly, the simple 3 R's. Disturbingly so many 'dumbed-down' school leavers after 12 years of schooling, amazingly, have very serious numeracy & literacy issues and for the rest of their lives! Terrified, they know all about Labor's absurd 'ethics'... fraudulent global warming hoax and Labor's ridiculous CO2 tax scam, gender neutrality, same sex marriage etc, etc. When I was in primary school my strict discipline conscious teacher had a class of 50 children and she drummed the 3R's into the lot of us, we knew it all backwards before going into 1st year high school. The difference is the teachers then were not political Labor hacks looking for an easier ride all the time. The teachers were professional and as soon as they detected a weakness in any child the teacher would sort it very quickly and get the child on track, always confirming that all the kids satisfactorily knew their stuff! There was very rarely ever any homework, but often detention!! Todays new-age school teachers are too busy attaching silly little childish signs onto the school front fences, gloating to everyone, how good they are-not??? Striking for even more money and even more holidays and even less work, setting a very bad example. I note the old school teachers had no tools like computers etc to make things all so easier. Glaringly JuLia Gillard's BER, borrowed $Billions of dollars wasted on over-priced, ripped-off school halls is proven to be a complete non-sense. Education clearly must have major reform not new halls!GLORIA Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:29 PM
The number of people pretending to know how to teach has reach an all time high. When spelling and Grammar are not corrected and marked like it use to be, but it is all about content and emotion you really know that our kids are ready for the future.
Get back to the three "R's and you will see the scores star going up.Peter Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 3:46 PM
Have you been in a school in the last 50 years Robert? I'm pretty sure its less about Marxism than it is about the extremely low expectations put on our kids.
Even under Stalin, Soviet schools probably were able to turn out better readers and adder upperers than we currently do.just me Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 1:59 PM
They started slipping as soon as schools became marxist indoctrination centres instead of institutions for learning.Robert Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 12:50 PM