- Workers lose as Mining tax axed
- Lyndey Milan: A Taste of Australia
- Putin threatens he can take Kiev
- Sarah Snook: Predestination
- Leaked celeb nude photo scandal
- Drugs: treatment over punishment?
- Homebush Bay Bridge connection
- How to find your credit score
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Qantas loss of $2.84 billion Qantas is a hard fix. The next 12 months will be vital. For all the expenditure etc they still have poor service. I don't ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? You jest. This is mythology. We have had a succession of PMs who have placed self preservation ahead of public interest. ... more
- Craig on Taxpayers lose to black economy Don't steal the Government hates the competition. more
Our education standards slipping?
There are calls for teachers to be better trained with a report showing Australian children are lagging behind the world in key school subjects. Tim Webster & Tracey Spicer ask why our standards are dropping.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just what is private these days? Has the era of the Orwellian big brother arrived? John Stanley looks at text messages presented in recent major public court cases and questions whether any of have any privacy.
Hundreds are expected to pack a Sydney church today to farewell slain Detective Bryson Anderson. Police Association's Scott Webber says the force is continuing to stand tall with his wife and three kids.
The slime green very political, whinging Labor Teachers Federation and its know-all arrogant and over-paid and underworked members rule the schools and they get a big 'F' for failing to teach the essential basics properly, the simple 3 R's. Disturbingly so many 'dumbed-down' school leavers after 12 years of schooling, amazingly, have very serious numeracy & literacy issues and for the rest of their lives! Terrified, they know all about Labor's absurd 'ethics'... fraudulent global warming hoax and Labor's ridiculous CO2 tax scam, gender neutrality, same sex marriage etc, etc. When I was in primary school my strict discipline conscious teacher had a class of 50 children and she drummed the 3R's into the lot of us, we knew it all backwards before going into 1st year high school. The difference is the teachers then were not political Labor hacks looking for an easier ride all the time. The teachers were professional and as soon as they detected a weakness in any child the teacher would sort it very quickly and get the child on track, always confirming that all the kids satisfactorily knew their stuff! There was very rarely ever any homework, but often detention!! Todays new-age school teachers are too busy attaching silly little childish signs onto the school front fences, gloating to everyone, how good they are-not??? Striking for even more money and even more holidays and even less work, setting a very bad example. I note the old school teachers had no tools like computers etc to make things all so easier. Glaringly JuLia Gillard's BER, borrowed $Billions of dollars wasted on over-priced, ripped-off school halls is proven to be a complete non-sense. Education clearly must have major reform not new halls!GLORIA Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:29 PM
The number of people pretending to know how to teach has reach an all time high. When spelling and Grammar are not corrected and marked like it use to be, but it is all about content and emotion you really know that our kids are ready for the future.
Get back to the three "R's and you will see the scores star going up.Peter Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 3:46 PM
Have you been in a school in the last 50 years Robert? I'm pretty sure its less about Marxism than it is about the extremely low expectations put on our kids.
Even under Stalin, Soviet schools probably were able to turn out better readers and adder upperers than we currently do.just me Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 1:59 PM
They started slipping as soon as schools became marxist indoctrination centres instead of institutions for learning.Robert Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 12:50 PM