- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you ever trust a politician?
- SBS want more commercials?
- Shark nets best way to keep safe?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
- Samuel J on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Just more nonsense from Obama who is tarred with the same brush as our two failures, Rudd and Gillard. Money, taxes etc will ... more
- Rod on Turn back the (Russian) boats RE: Why doesn't America send four warships of theirs and place them next to Russia's?I think the answer to this (possibly ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" @President Obama - what a bloody nonsense you are on about here with this climate change rot. You have evidently been imbued ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Obama urges Australia to "step up" China is having big problems with Muslims, can they send 500,000 troops? more
- Vic Whiteley on Fun police end Mexican themed party What is the definition of racist?Last time I checked, the majority of Mexicans are of Spanish heritage....which means ... more
- Jester4212 on Bike smart hat answer to registration Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Peter on Bike smart hat answer to registration Regardless of initial 'feeling's' towards this helmet, the shape, attachment of any external 'plate' and external ... more
- Craig on Turn back the (Russian) boats @Maurice, Why?In case you have been blinded by some loyalty to America have you not noticed how many wars they start? And ... more
- Clayton on Bike smart hat answer to registration Falling off wearing that helmet would almost certainly break your neck! It would pass no standards Australia test ever! What ... more
Our education standards slipping?
There are calls for teachers to be better trained with a report showing Australian children are lagging behind the world in key school subjects. Tim Webster & Tracey Spicer ask why our standards are dropping.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just what is private these days? Has the era of the Orwellian big brother arrived? John Stanley looks at text messages presented in recent major public court cases and questions whether any of have any privacy.
Hundreds are expected to pack a Sydney church today to farewell slain Detective Bryson Anderson. Police Association's Scott Webber says the force is continuing to stand tall with his wife and three kids.
The slime green very political, whinging Labor Teachers Federation and its know-all arrogant and over-paid and underworked members rule the schools and they get a big 'F' for failing to teach the essential basics properly, the simple 3 R's. Disturbingly so many 'dumbed-down' school leavers after 12 years of schooling, amazingly, have very serious numeracy & literacy issues and for the rest of their lives! Terrified, they know all about Labor's absurd 'ethics'... fraudulent global warming hoax and Labor's ridiculous CO2 tax scam, gender neutrality, same sex marriage etc, etc. When I was in primary school my strict discipline conscious teacher had a class of 50 children and she drummed the 3R's into the lot of us, we knew it all backwards before going into 1st year high school. The difference is the teachers then were not political Labor hacks looking for an easier ride all the time. The teachers were professional and as soon as they detected a weakness in any child the teacher would sort it very quickly and get the child on track, always confirming that all the kids satisfactorily knew their stuff! There was very rarely ever any homework, but often detention!! Todays new-age school teachers are too busy attaching silly little childish signs onto the school front fences, gloating to everyone, how good they are-not??? Striking for even more money and even more holidays and even less work, setting a very bad example. I note the old school teachers had no tools like computers etc to make things all so easier. Glaringly JuLia Gillard's BER, borrowed $Billions of dollars wasted on over-priced, ripped-off school halls is proven to be a complete non-sense. Education clearly must have major reform not new halls!GLORIA Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:29 PM
The number of people pretending to know how to teach has reach an all time high. When spelling and Grammar are not corrected and marked like it use to be, but it is all about content and emotion you really know that our kids are ready for the future.
Get back to the three "R's and you will see the scores star going up.Peter Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 3:46 PM
Have you been in a school in the last 50 years Robert? I'm pretty sure its less about Marxism than it is about the extremely low expectations put on our kids.
Even under Stalin, Soviet schools probably were able to turn out better readers and adder upperers than we currently do.just me Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 1:59 PM
They started slipping as soon as schools became marxist indoctrination centres instead of institutions for learning.Robert Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 12:50 PM