- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Our education standards slipping?
There are calls for teachers to be better trained with a report showing Australian children are lagging behind the world in key school subjects. Tim Webster & Tracey Spicer ask why our standards are dropping.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just what is private these days? Has the era of the Orwellian big brother arrived? John Stanley looks at text messages presented in recent major public court cases and questions whether any of have any privacy.
Hundreds are expected to pack a Sydney church today to farewell slain Detective Bryson Anderson. Police Association's Scott Webber says the force is continuing to stand tall with his wife and three kids.
The slime green very political, whinging Labor Teachers Federation and its know-all arrogant and over-paid and underworked members rule the schools and they get a big 'F' for failing to teach the essential basics properly, the simple 3 R's. Disturbingly so many 'dumbed-down' school leavers after 12 years of schooling, amazingly, have very serious numeracy & literacy issues and for the rest of their lives! Terrified, they know all about Labor's absurd 'ethics'... fraudulent global warming hoax and Labor's ridiculous CO2 tax scam, gender neutrality, same sex marriage etc, etc. When I was in primary school my strict discipline conscious teacher had a class of 50 children and she drummed the 3R's into the lot of us, we knew it all backwards before going into 1st year high school. The difference is the teachers then were not political Labor hacks looking for an easier ride all the time. The teachers were professional and as soon as they detected a weakness in any child the teacher would sort it very quickly and get the child on track, always confirming that all the kids satisfactorily knew their stuff! There was very rarely ever any homework, but often detention!! Todays new-age school teachers are too busy attaching silly little childish signs onto the school front fences, gloating to everyone, how good they are-not??? Striking for even more money and even more holidays and even less work, setting a very bad example. I note the old school teachers had no tools like computers etc to make things all so easier. Glaringly JuLia Gillard's BER, borrowed $Billions of dollars wasted on over-priced, ripped-off school halls is proven to be a complete non-sense. Education clearly must have major reform not new halls!GLORIA Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:29 PM
The number of people pretending to know how to teach has reach an all time high. When spelling and Grammar are not corrected and marked like it use to be, but it is all about content and emotion you really know that our kids are ready for the future.
Get back to the three "R's and you will see the scores star going up.Peter Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 3:46 PM
Have you been in a school in the last 50 years Robert? I'm pretty sure its less about Marxism than it is about the extremely low expectations put on our kids.
Even under Stalin, Soviet schools probably were able to turn out better readers and adder upperers than we currently do.just me Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 1:59 PM
They started slipping as soon as schools became marxist indoctrination centres instead of institutions for learning.Robert Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 12:50 PM