- Street names that bring a giggle
- 2nd Sydney airport Badgery's Creek?
- Young boys boxing, at 11?
- Benefit cards for dole recipients?
- Let down by the justice system?
- You know you're getting old when?
- Fan base grows with Socceroos win
- Police set higher fine quotas?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Zoran Grujic on Police set higher fine quotas? When will premier start to fix our hospitals what he promised before election more
- Angela Coombes on Police set higher fine quotas? @Jeff posting here I fully agree. O'Farrell and Co are a big deceitful let down of those of us who voted for Liberals. He is ... more
- Samuel J Kyrikos on Police set higher fine quotas? I agree abortionTruth. What is needed is more unmarked police cars to reign in those dangerous mugs tear arsing around in ... more
- The Real Problem on Police set higher fine quotas? There is nearly always a solution to every problem. Provided we dont allow the problem to grow to the point where it ... more
- James W on Let down by the justice system? Jill, her family and friends were let down by the Justice System well before sentencing. The lesson here is to look out for ... more
- Terrence on Time to lift drinking age to 21? The right-wing loonies consider prohibition, intolerance of crime, and harsh punishments as behaviour associated with ... more
- Jeff on Police set higher fine quotas? I vote for Barry because he promised to keep the electric grid and get rid of the money making camera's. He's sold most of ... more
- Jeff on Male voters flee Labor in latest poll Next election this is how I would voteJulia VS Tony Kevin VS Tony With Carbon tax Kevin Vs Tony Kevin drops the carbon tax. more
- Jeff on Time to lift drinking age to 21? Damn right it should be 21 and lift the driving, voting, marriage age to 21 also. Kids these days are 100% careless, ... more
- Terrence on Call on Labor elders to fix the party Granted they may have a good story to tell, but the fact is they haven't been able to tell it; and that is all that matters. ... more
- Terrence on Why are Catholic schools booming? @Jan McTiernan, Gonski is a FUNDING MODEL for schools. It is not the funds itself, a fact that is lost on party hacks like ... more
- Terrence on Why are Catholic schools booming? Heaven help us now that Abortionised Truth wants to look after our babies! Who would want to raise their children as bigots ... more
- keith on Kids turning away from league? Rugby league,like most sports has an ever increasing player level.The level of discipline by kids of all ages on the field ... more
- Sheryl Pursehouse on You know you're getting old when? You know your old when.. you know what Peck's Paste and Bonox are and actually still eat them, much to the amusement of work ... more
- James W on Fan base grows with Socceroos win Doing the maths now 'Abortion'. Idiots I've conversed with on 2UE's page today....1 and it's you 'Abortion'. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Kelly's killer escapes murder charge Lets all hope with the inconsistent sentencing process, that those people deciding the sentence, have children of their own ... more
- lloyd on Kelly's killer escapes murder charge One must express concern at this decision, a young man is dead because of act of thugery, by a person having no regard for ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Police set higher fine quotas? If everybody obeyed the road rules there would be no deaths, no injuries, the panel shops would go out of business and so ... more
- Kimber on Kelly's killer escapes murder charge So, so sad for the Kelly family.Sick and tired of feral, despicable, irresponsible, selfish others turning decent law ... more
- peter yasin on Tensions growing in the Middle East Paulo, correct. The problem with many of these stereoytpe views is lack of knowledge, irrational fear and closed ... more
Our politicians losing all credibility?
Name calling, claims of sexist, misogynist behavior thrown across the parliamentary floor. Jason Morrison asks whatever happened to MPs of respect that were held in high esteem as our representatives.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Coalition MPs say the resignation of Speaker Peter Slipper has further damaged the public's view of parliament.
Anna Burke becomes the third Speaker in as many years, after Mr Slipper was forced to stand down in light of damaging text messages sent to a former staffer.
Mr Slipper did so in a flurry of tears last nights - as he announced he would move to the cross bench as an Independent MP.
Stuart Bocking speaks with SMH Columnist Peter Hartcher who says today that by supporting Slipper, Gillard chose power over the principle of respect for women.
Deputy Federal Opposition leader Julie Bishop says there have always been questions about the behaviour of former speaker Peter Slipper.
At the end of a dramatic day yesterday he stepped down from the role, despite vigorous defence of his position by the Gillard Government.
Julie Bishop has told Stuart Bocking Prime Minister Gillard knew there were always issues with Mr Slipper, but Julia Gillard put him in as speaker anyway.
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
@zYusuf with your posting here you are partially correct son. But we seriously do need those people whom you call 'shock jocks' and 'media commentators. It is only through the perspicacity and probity by these people that we remain a democratic country. Give Gillard another term and we will be a real communist state. I dislke her and everything she represents as an insult to our almost lost democratic system of open, value added, intelligent government. A fool indeed is Gillard and her cohorts, each of whom are equal utter failures.Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
@Terrence the labor party rep - the $47 billion dollars is the money 'they' have borrowed for fiscal 2011/12. Then, add the deficits for the preceding two financial years and the national debt is now around $146 Billion dollars - all borrowed money. And the fool Swan claims he will bring in a budget surplus - all sleight of hand, mumbo jumbo of course, son.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Terrence, you are not only a Goon & Labor Sheep you are complete Imbecile as well.Peter B Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 5:00 PM
I love my country but I cannot believe how bloody nasty people have become. Where do we get off calling Julia Gillard "Gillard" and yet the 2UE broadcasters all say Tony Abbott. I never thought I would see such behaviour from people (most of them halfwits) in my Australia. Some of the things I hear from callers and broadcasters alike are little short of disgusting..Maureen Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
@Samuel, where did you get the $47 billion deficit from? Looks like you have swallowed the Abbott/Jones pill. Your induction to the fear campaign is now complete at a time when they were writing its obituary.
I am pretty confident they will have a surplus although I am angry that they are aiming for one. We don't need a surplus at this stage when no country in the developed world has one. Our economy is one of the strongest if not THE strongest in the world and we don't need a surplus. We need more investments.Terrence Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:02 PM
I don't recall politicians ever having any real credibility.Rosie Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:09 PM