- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Our politicians losing all credibility?
Name calling, claims of sexist, misogynist behavior thrown across the parliamentary floor. Jason Morrison asks whatever happened to MPs of respect that were held in high esteem as our representatives.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Coalition MPs say the resignation of Speaker Peter Slipper has further damaged the public's view of parliament.
Anna Burke becomes the third Speaker in as many years, after Mr Slipper was forced to stand down in light of damaging text messages sent to a former staffer.
Mr Slipper did so in a flurry of tears last nights - as he announced he would move to the cross bench as an Independent MP.
Stuart Bocking speaks with SMH Columnist Peter Hartcher who says today that by supporting Slipper, Gillard chose power over the principle of respect for women.
Deputy Federal Opposition leader Julie Bishop says there have always been questions about the behaviour of former speaker Peter Slipper.
At the end of a dramatic day yesterday he stepped down from the role, despite vigorous defence of his position by the Gillard Government.
Julie Bishop has told Stuart Bocking Prime Minister Gillard knew there were always issues with Mr Slipper, but Julia Gillard put him in as speaker anyway.
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
@zYusuf with your posting here you are partially correct son. But we seriously do need those people whom you call 'shock jocks' and 'media commentators. It is only through the perspicacity and probity by these people that we remain a democratic country. Give Gillard another term and we will be a real communist state. I dislke her and everything she represents as an insult to our almost lost democratic system of open, value added, intelligent government. A fool indeed is Gillard and her cohorts, each of whom are equal utter failures.Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
@Terrence the labor party rep - the $47 billion dollars is the money 'they' have borrowed for fiscal 2011/12. Then, add the deficits for the preceding two financial years and the national debt is now around $146 Billion dollars - all borrowed money. And the fool Swan claims he will bring in a budget surplus - all sleight of hand, mumbo jumbo of course, son.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Terrence, you are not only a Goon & Labor Sheep you are complete Imbecile as well.Peter B Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 5:00 PM
I love my country but I cannot believe how bloody nasty people have become. Where do we get off calling Julia Gillard "Gillard" and yet the 2UE broadcasters all say Tony Abbott. I never thought I would see such behaviour from people (most of them halfwits) in my Australia. Some of the things I hear from callers and broadcasters alike are little short of disgusting..Maureen Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
@Samuel, where did you get the $47 billion deficit from? Looks like you have swallowed the Abbott/Jones pill. Your induction to the fear campaign is now complete at a time when they were writing its obituary.
I am pretty confident they will have a surplus although I am angry that they are aiming for one. We don't need a surplus at this stage when no country in the developed world has one. Our economy is one of the strongest if not THE strongest in the world and we don't need a surplus. We need more investments.Terrence Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:02 PM
I don't recall politicians ever having any real credibility.Rosie Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:09 PM