- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
Our politicians losing all credibility?
Name calling, claims of sexist, misogynist behavior thrown across the parliamentary floor. Jason Morrison asks whatever happened to MPs of respect that were held in high esteem as our representatives.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Coalition MPs say the resignation of Speaker Peter Slipper has further damaged the public's view of parliament.
Anna Burke becomes the third Speaker in as many years, after Mr Slipper was forced to stand down in light of damaging text messages sent to a former staffer.
Mr Slipper did so in a flurry of tears last nights - as he announced he would move to the cross bench as an Independent MP.
Stuart Bocking speaks with SMH Columnist Peter Hartcher who says today that by supporting Slipper, Gillard chose power over the principle of respect for women.
Deputy Federal Opposition leader Julie Bishop says there have always been questions about the behaviour of former speaker Peter Slipper.
At the end of a dramatic day yesterday he stepped down from the role, despite vigorous defence of his position by the Gillard Government.
Julie Bishop has told Stuart Bocking Prime Minister Gillard knew there were always issues with Mr Slipper, but Julia Gillard put him in as speaker anyway.
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
@zYusuf with your posting here you are partially correct son. But we seriously do need those people whom you call 'shock jocks' and 'media commentators. It is only through the perspicacity and probity by these people that we remain a democratic country. Give Gillard another term and we will be a real communist state. I dislke her and everything she represents as an insult to our almost lost democratic system of open, value added, intelligent government. A fool indeed is Gillard and her cohorts, each of whom are equal utter failures.Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
@Terrence the labor party rep - the $47 billion dollars is the money 'they' have borrowed for fiscal 2011/12. Then, add the deficits for the preceding two financial years and the national debt is now around $146 Billion dollars - all borrowed money. And the fool Swan claims he will bring in a budget surplus - all sleight of hand, mumbo jumbo of course, son.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Terrence, you are not only a Goon & Labor Sheep you are complete Imbecile as well.Peter B Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 5:00 PM
I love my country but I cannot believe how bloody nasty people have become. Where do we get off calling Julia Gillard "Gillard" and yet the 2UE broadcasters all say Tony Abbott. I never thought I would see such behaviour from people (most of them halfwits) in my Australia. Some of the things I hear from callers and broadcasters alike are little short of disgusting..Maureen Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
@Samuel, where did you get the $47 billion deficit from? Looks like you have swallowed the Abbott/Jones pill. Your induction to the fear campaign is now complete at a time when they were writing its obituary.
I am pretty confident they will have a surplus although I am angry that they are aiming for one. We don't need a surplus at this stage when no country in the developed world has one. Our economy is one of the strongest if not THE strongest in the world and we don't need a surplus. We need more investments.Terrence Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:02 PM
I don't recall politicians ever having any real credibility.Rosie Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:09 PM