- Was John Howard our best PM?
- Light rail to service Greater West
- Is terrorism behind missing plane?
- Will Crimea be engulfed in war?
- Why is Sydney so expensive?
- Leo Sayer: why he became an Aussie
- Bees buzzing all over Sydney's CBD?
- Ok to leave baby behind on holidays?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
Our politicians losing all credibility?
Name calling, claims of sexist, misogynist behavior thrown across the parliamentary floor. Jason Morrison asks whatever happened to MPs of respect that were held in high esteem as our representatives.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Coalition MPs say the resignation of Speaker Peter Slipper has further damaged the public's view of parliament.
Anna Burke becomes the third Speaker in as many years, after Mr Slipper was forced to stand down in light of damaging text messages sent to a former staffer.
Mr Slipper did so in a flurry of tears last nights - as he announced he would move to the cross bench as an Independent MP.
Stuart Bocking speaks with SMH Columnist Peter Hartcher who says today that by supporting Slipper, Gillard chose power over the principle of respect for women.
Deputy Federal Opposition leader Julie Bishop says there have always been questions about the behaviour of former speaker Peter Slipper.
At the end of a dramatic day yesterday he stepped down from the role, despite vigorous defence of his position by the Gillard Government.
Julie Bishop has told Stuart Bocking Prime Minister Gillard knew there were always issues with Mr Slipper, but Julia Gillard put him in as speaker anyway.
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
@zYusuf with your posting here you are partially correct son. But we seriously do need those people whom you call 'shock jocks' and 'media commentators. It is only through the perspicacity and probity by these people that we remain a democratic country. Give Gillard another term and we will be a real communist state. I dislke her and everything she represents as an insult to our almost lost democratic system of open, value added, intelligent government. A fool indeed is Gillard and her cohorts, each of whom are equal utter failures.Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
@Terrence the labor party rep - the $47 billion dollars is the money 'they' have borrowed for fiscal 2011/12. Then, add the deficits for the preceding two financial years and the national debt is now around $146 Billion dollars - all borrowed money. And the fool Swan claims he will bring in a budget surplus - all sleight of hand, mumbo jumbo of course, son.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Terrence, you are not only a Goon & Labor Sheep you are complete Imbecile as well.Peter B Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 5:00 PM
I love my country but I cannot believe how bloody nasty people have become. Where do we get off calling Julia Gillard "Gillard" and yet the 2UE broadcasters all say Tony Abbott. I never thought I would see such behaviour from people (most of them halfwits) in my Australia. Some of the things I hear from callers and broadcasters alike are little short of disgusting..Maureen Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
@Samuel, where did you get the $47 billion deficit from? Looks like you have swallowed the Abbott/Jones pill. Your induction to the fear campaign is now complete at a time when they were writing its obituary.
I am pretty confident they will have a surplus although I am angry that they are aiming for one. We don't need a surplus at this stage when no country in the developed world has one. Our economy is one of the strongest if not THE strongest in the world and we don't need a surplus. We need more investments.Terrence Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:02 PM
I don't recall politicians ever having any real credibility.Rosie Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:09 PM