- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- One way ticket for Islamic radicals
- Team Oz: dunnies, doodles & doin it
- Employ more Gen Y workers?
- How do you address bullying?
- Millers Point sales shock investors
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
Our politicians losing all credibility?
Name calling, claims of sexist, misogynist behavior thrown across the parliamentary floor. Jason Morrison asks whatever happened to MPs of respect that were held in high esteem as our representatives.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Coalition MPs say the resignation of Speaker Peter Slipper has further damaged the public's view of parliament.
Anna Burke becomes the third Speaker in as many years, after Mr Slipper was forced to stand down in light of damaging text messages sent to a former staffer.
Mr Slipper did so in a flurry of tears last nights - as he announced he would move to the cross bench as an Independent MP.
Stuart Bocking speaks with SMH Columnist Peter Hartcher who says today that by supporting Slipper, Gillard chose power over the principle of respect for women.
Deputy Federal Opposition leader Julie Bishop says there have always been questions about the behaviour of former speaker Peter Slipper.
At the end of a dramatic day yesterday he stepped down from the role, despite vigorous defence of his position by the Gillard Government.
Julie Bishop has told Stuart Bocking Prime Minister Gillard knew there were always issues with Mr Slipper, but Julia Gillard put him in as speaker anyway.
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
@zYusuf with your posting here you are partially correct son. But we seriously do need those people whom you call 'shock jocks' and 'media commentators. It is only through the perspicacity and probity by these people that we remain a democratic country. Give Gillard another term and we will be a real communist state. I dislke her and everything she represents as an insult to our almost lost democratic system of open, value added, intelligent government. A fool indeed is Gillard and her cohorts, each of whom are equal utter failures.Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
@Terrence the labor party rep - the $47 billion dollars is the money 'they' have borrowed for fiscal 2011/12. Then, add the deficits for the preceding two financial years and the national debt is now around $146 Billion dollars - all borrowed money. And the fool Swan claims he will bring in a budget surplus - all sleight of hand, mumbo jumbo of course, son.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Terrence, you are not only a Goon & Labor Sheep you are complete Imbecile as well.Peter B Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 5:00 PM
I love my country but I cannot believe how bloody nasty people have become. Where do we get off calling Julia Gillard "Gillard" and yet the 2UE broadcasters all say Tony Abbott. I never thought I would see such behaviour from people (most of them halfwits) in my Australia. Some of the things I hear from callers and broadcasters alike are little short of disgusting..Maureen Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
@Samuel, where did you get the $47 billion deficit from? Looks like you have swallowed the Abbott/Jones pill. Your induction to the fear campaign is now complete at a time when they were writing its obituary.
I am pretty confident they will have a surplus although I am angry that they are aiming for one. We don't need a surplus at this stage when no country in the developed world has one. Our economy is one of the strongest if not THE strongest in the world and we don't need a surplus. We need more investments.Terrence Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:02 PM
I don't recall politicians ever having any real credibility.Rosie Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:09 PM