- Workers lose as Mining tax axed
- Lyndey Milan: A Taste of Australia
- Putin threatens he can take Kiev
- Sarah Snook: Predestination
- Leaked celeb nude photo scandal
- Drugs: treatment over punishment?
- Homebush Bay Bridge connection
- How to find your credit score
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Qantas loss of $2.84 billion Qantas is a hard fix. The next 12 months will be vital. For all the expenditure etc they still have poor service. I don't ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? You jest. This is mythology. We have had a succession of PMs who have placed self preservation ahead of public interest. ... more
- Craig on Taxpayers lose to black economy Don't steal the Government hates the competition. more
Our politicians losing all credibility?
Name calling, claims of sexist, misogynist behavior thrown across the parliamentary floor. Jason Morrison asks whatever happened to MPs of respect that were held in high esteem as our representatives.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Coalition MPs say the resignation of Speaker Peter Slipper has further damaged the public's view of parliament.
Anna Burke becomes the third Speaker in as many years, after Mr Slipper was forced to stand down in light of damaging text messages sent to a former staffer.
Mr Slipper did so in a flurry of tears last nights - as he announced he would move to the cross bench as an Independent MP.
Stuart Bocking speaks with SMH Columnist Peter Hartcher who says today that by supporting Slipper, Gillard chose power over the principle of respect for women.
Deputy Federal Opposition leader Julie Bishop says there have always been questions about the behaviour of former speaker Peter Slipper.
At the end of a dramatic day yesterday he stepped down from the role, despite vigorous defence of his position by the Gillard Government.
Julie Bishop has told Stuart Bocking Prime Minister Gillard knew there were always issues with Mr Slipper, but Julia Gillard put him in as speaker anyway.
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
@zYusuf with your posting here you are partially correct son. But we seriously do need those people whom you call 'shock jocks' and 'media commentators. It is only through the perspicacity and probity by these people that we remain a democratic country. Give Gillard another term and we will be a real communist state. I dislke her and everything she represents as an insult to our almost lost democratic system of open, value added, intelligent government. A fool indeed is Gillard and her cohorts, each of whom are equal utter failures.Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
@Terrence the labor party rep - the $47 billion dollars is the money 'they' have borrowed for fiscal 2011/12. Then, add the deficits for the preceding two financial years and the national debt is now around $146 Billion dollars - all borrowed money. And the fool Swan claims he will bring in a budget surplus - all sleight of hand, mumbo jumbo of course, son.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Terrence, you are not only a Goon & Labor Sheep you are complete Imbecile as well.Peter B Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 5:00 PM
I love my country but I cannot believe how bloody nasty people have become. Where do we get off calling Julia Gillard "Gillard" and yet the 2UE broadcasters all say Tony Abbott. I never thought I would see such behaviour from people (most of them halfwits) in my Australia. Some of the things I hear from callers and broadcasters alike are little short of disgusting..Maureen Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
@Samuel, where did you get the $47 billion deficit from? Looks like you have swallowed the Abbott/Jones pill. Your induction to the fear campaign is now complete at a time when they were writing its obituary.
I am pretty confident they will have a surplus although I am angry that they are aiming for one. We don't need a surplus at this stage when no country in the developed world has one. Our economy is one of the strongest if not THE strongest in the world and we don't need a surplus. We need more investments.Terrence Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:02 PM
I don't recall politicians ever having any real credibility.Rosie Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:09 PM