- Teachers need on the job training
- Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real?
- More men now taking up yoga
- Bills to drop after carbon tax repeal?
- Bennett to return to Broncos
- Has the PM finally found his voice?
- Balmain plans back at square one
- Does practice make perfect to win?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
- VODKA on Flight MH 17: bring them home As soon as this damned evil happened the world should of immediately responded and taken the initiative, deploying elite ... more
- Craig on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy You fluoridated, brain dead idiots, It's America that needs a war not Russia. Keep on believing the American version of ... more
- Tony on PM fails to get bounce in polls This makes no sence! Abbott makes Rudd/Gillard/Rudd look like ostriches with their head stuck in the sand. Finally a PM who ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM fails to get bounce in polls The survey was obviously conducted in the die-hard labor party electorates. You know, the ones that say "I vote labuh ... more
- Timothy on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy hmm is it a coincidence that this should happen when Israel is slaughering children and women in Gazza.?How come it had to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on 37 Aussies shot down over Ukraine Lies, lies and damned Vladimar Putin the ex KGB creep indeed! I trust he gets his just desserts in the fullness of time. So ... more
- Rod on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy Hi Guys,If the Russians supplied these deadly and complex weapons to ill-trained rebels, who did not have the needed ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney drivers ignoring road rules I take great delight when I see them wheeled over by the police and booked up. These Sydney creeps drive like damned ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy His name is Vladimar Putin. Not a leader's bootlace. Ex KGB operative who seriously has a lot to answer for. I would not ... more
- Join the Q Society on Smoking on the decline @ Keith A Tudor,So would I, but a ban needs to be enforced and the current bans are not.Have you seen the suicidal idiots ... more
- Join the Q Society on Real home grown terrorism concerns The problem is ISLAM, research the Quran and realise why.From subjugating, taxing and killing those that are deemed non ... more
- Craig on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate Rising sea levels Mr Shorten? I live near the waterfront and last time I looked it was the same as always. Sea levels do not ... more
Pensioners are hoarding cash?
Are elderly pensioners not properly declaring their income and keeping extra earnings in cash in their homes to qualify for the pension? Stuart Bocking looks at claims of widespread rorting to obtain the pension.
Former Reserve Bank of Australia official Peter Mair has told Stuart Bocking there has been strong demand from pensioners wanting to swap cash amounts for high denomination notes, such as $100 notes, which make it easier to store large amounts of money.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Mr Mair estimates the average pensioner couple could have up to $50,000 in undeclared $50 and $100 notes stashed in cash in their homes so they can access the pensioner discounts.
He has reportedly written to the RBA suggesting it phase out $100 and $50 notes to stop "tax avoidance".
PM Gillard has overcome illness to attend a gender-equality event in New York, alongside US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. But an upset stomach forced her to cancel official events earlier in the day.
Is the Liberal party structure falling apart behind the scenes? Jason Morrison looks at the tussle within the party over donations and fundings that have come to light. Is the party backroom letting down the public.
Phew reading these reviews it seem Australia has exactly the same internal problems as the old UK glad to know its just not us.Pat Parker Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 9:28 PM
Try looking in asian countries for large bundles of Aussie $100 notes.
They are well thought of and coverted by our near neighbours
I reckon they are smuggled out of the countryBruce Boa Friday 28 September, 2012 - 4:25 PM
Thats right blame the old and frail!
I think is is in overseas money exchange booths in the streets of Bangkok where thousands of Aussies go every year to excape this over priced over Governed dictatorial stallag.Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 3:16 AM