- New NBN plan to save $16 billion
- "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game?
- New science of medical cannabis
- Rewards cards losing you money?
- Close Sydney shops on Boxing Day?
- NBN: what future for Sydney online
- Helipad for Darling Harbor hotel?
- Café shuts doors on barista backlash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
- Cleangirl on What fairness for the average joe? We`ve all read stories of Australian celebrities getting off light for D.U.I. more
- Glenn Castle on Should we scrap school homework? Everybody is winging about our kids not getting enough exercise and outdoor play,our three YOUNG children are stuck inside ... more
- Jack on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? The cover up of CRIMES by the Catholic church is totally obscene.With hypocrites like this evil man in charge, it's ... more
- paulo on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger Muslim leaders have condemned terror but people dont listen!Truth is there are many aussies that are islamaphobic and just ... more
Pensioners: Money or the set top box?
The proposal to make available $300 million to give pensioners digital set top boxes has Jason Morrison scratching his head. Is it a priority for pensioners? Should pensioners be given the choice to take cash?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are pensioners in the Maitland NSW area going to get their free set top boxes from the Australian government?david abott Saturday 14 May, 2011 - 3:21 PM
THE pre-Budget promise to give pensioners a free TV set-top box is hardly likely to cause a stampede in Tasmania -- 86 per cent of the state's homes are already set up for digital reception. The price of a new digital TV has already dropped almost as low as the price of a set-top box, with major retailers selling 33cm high-definition LCD TVs for as little as $129.RAY Wednesday 11 May, 2011 - 2:14 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GOVERNMENT? THEY HAVE NO BRAINS AT ALL ..
THIS HAREBRAINED SCHEME IS KEVIN RUDD'S .. IT HAS BEEN ON THE CENTERLINK WEBSITE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS... THIS IS THE LISTING""
News for Seniors Issue 83 Spring/Summer 2010 English [pdf, 328k] eligible customers with a high-definition set-top box. ... An experienced government-contracted installer will install and demonstrate high definition ( HD) settop boxes and will also provide any necessary antenna and cabling work in eligible customers
ITS A REHASHED RUDD STUPIDITY.... WITH THE COST EXPECTED T O BE $400-00 PER HOUSEHOLD IT IS JUST A HUGE WASTE ONCE AGAIN!! I AM AN AGED PENSIONER AND I DON'T WANT A SET TOP
THERE ARE DIGITAL TELEVISIONS AVAILABLE FOR LESS THAN $400-00 AT ANY DISCOUNT STORE,
WITH ASYLUM SEEKERS BURNING BUILDINGS, COMPUTERS, AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS AT VILLAWOOD,ANY PENSIONER WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF THEY WERE GIVEN THE $400-00 TO EITHER BUY A TELEVISION OR HELP WITH THE COST OF ELECTRICITY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.COLLEEN B Tuesday 10 May, 2011 - 3:53 PM
Who thought this up... real Julia or fake Julia?
Gran's had a set top box for years.
I don't think set top boxes need an installer, do they?
Will it be a HD box with PVR USB functions? Or just a kruddy SD box?
Are the refugees and illegals getting set top boxes too?Max Monday 9 May, 2011 - 9:15 PM
What the hell did Australians do to deserve this moron. Its like bad dream. People want responsible government not set top boxes. This is so stupid its almost beyond belief. Who the hell is advising these morons?
As for the refugees, yet again we have a stupid, unplanned, poorly (if at all), thought about policy but as sure as sunrise tomorrow its going to cost taxpayers big time.
For the sake of the country the STD (slow talking dope) Gillard has got to go !!!!!Wal Monday 9 May, 2011 - 6:07 PM
Pete, set top boxes usually sell from $29-00 to $49-00 upwards for a fairly good one from discount retailers
John Tamworth NswJohn Monday 9 May, 2011 - 4:19 PM