- Lyndey Milan: A Taste of Australia
- Putin threatens he can take Kiev
- Sarah Snook: Predestination
- Leaked celeb nude photo scandal
- Drugs: treatment over punishment?
- Homebush Bay Bridge connection
- How to find your credit score
- Minster issues warning to councils
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Qantas loss of $2.84 billion Qantas is a hard fix. The next 12 months will be vital. For all the expenditure etc they still have poor service. I don't ... more
- Max Rawnsley on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? You jest. This is mythology. We have had a succession of PMs who have placed self preservation ahead of public interest. ... more
- Craig on Taxpayers lose to black economy Don't steal the Government hates the competition. more
Pensioners: Money or the set top box?
The proposal to make available $300 million to give pensioners digital set top boxes has Jason Morrison scratching his head. Is it a priority for pensioners? Should pensioners be given the choice to take cash?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are pensioners in the Maitland NSW area going to get their free set top boxes from the Australian government?david abott Saturday 14 May, 2011 - 3:21 PM
THE pre-Budget promise to give pensioners a free TV set-top box is hardly likely to cause a stampede in Tasmania -- 86 per cent of the state's homes are already set up for digital reception. The price of a new digital TV has already dropped almost as low as the price of a set-top box, with major retailers selling 33cm high-definition LCD TVs for as little as $129.RAY Wednesday 11 May, 2011 - 2:14 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GOVERNMENT? THEY HAVE NO BRAINS AT ALL ..
THIS HAREBRAINED SCHEME IS KEVIN RUDD'S .. IT HAS BEEN ON THE CENTERLINK WEBSITE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS... THIS IS THE LISTING""
News for Seniors Issue 83 Spring/Summer 2010 English [pdf, 328k] eligible customers with a high-definition set-top box. ... An experienced government-contracted installer will install and demonstrate high definition ( HD) settop boxes and will also provide any necessary antenna and cabling work in eligible customers
ITS A REHASHED RUDD STUPIDITY.... WITH THE COST EXPECTED T O BE $400-00 PER HOUSEHOLD IT IS JUST A HUGE WASTE ONCE AGAIN!! I AM AN AGED PENSIONER AND I DON'T WANT A SET TOP
THERE ARE DIGITAL TELEVISIONS AVAILABLE FOR LESS THAN $400-00 AT ANY DISCOUNT STORE,
WITH ASYLUM SEEKERS BURNING BUILDINGS, COMPUTERS, AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS AT VILLAWOOD,ANY PENSIONER WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF THEY WERE GIVEN THE $400-00 TO EITHER BUY A TELEVISION OR HELP WITH THE COST OF ELECTRICITY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.COLLEEN B Tuesday 10 May, 2011 - 3:53 PM
Who thought this up... real Julia or fake Julia?
Gran's had a set top box for years.
I don't think set top boxes need an installer, do they?
Will it be a HD box with PVR USB functions? Or just a kruddy SD box?
Are the refugees and illegals getting set top boxes too?Max Monday 9 May, 2011 - 9:15 PM
What the hell did Australians do to deserve this moron. Its like bad dream. People want responsible government not set top boxes. This is so stupid its almost beyond belief. Who the hell is advising these morons?
As for the refugees, yet again we have a stupid, unplanned, poorly (if at all), thought about policy but as sure as sunrise tomorrow its going to cost taxpayers big time.
For the sake of the country the STD (slow talking dope) Gillard has got to go !!!!!Wal Monday 9 May, 2011 - 6:07 PM
Pete, set top boxes usually sell from $29-00 to $49-00 upwards for a fairly good one from discount retailers
John Tamworth NswJohn Monday 9 May, 2011 - 4:19 PM