- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- Sydney median house price: $800,000
- Treatment for back pain a placebo
- Downward spiral of dealing drugs
- Abbott copping Senate body blows
- John & Garry: Let the games begin
- Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
Pensioners: Money or the set top box?
The proposal to make available $300 million to give pensioners digital set top boxes has Jason Morrison scratching his head. Is it a priority for pensioners? Should pensioners be given the choice to take cash?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are pensioners in the Maitland NSW area going to get their free set top boxes from the Australian government?david abott Saturday 14 May, 2011 - 3:21 PM
THE pre-Budget promise to give pensioners a free TV set-top box is hardly likely to cause a stampede in Tasmania -- 86 per cent of the state's homes are already set up for digital reception. The price of a new digital TV has already dropped almost as low as the price of a set-top box, with major retailers selling 33cm high-definition LCD TVs for as little as $129.RAY Wednesday 11 May, 2011 - 2:14 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GOVERNMENT? THEY HAVE NO BRAINS AT ALL ..
THIS HAREBRAINED SCHEME IS KEVIN RUDD'S .. IT HAS BEEN ON THE CENTERLINK WEBSITE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS... THIS IS THE LISTING""
News for Seniors Issue 83 Spring/Summer 2010 English [pdf, 328k] eligible customers with a high-definition set-top box. ... An experienced government-contracted installer will install and demonstrate high definition ( HD) settop boxes and will also provide any necessary antenna and cabling work in eligible customers
ITS A REHASHED RUDD STUPIDITY.... WITH THE COST EXPECTED T O BE $400-00 PER HOUSEHOLD IT IS JUST A HUGE WASTE ONCE AGAIN!! I AM AN AGED PENSIONER AND I DON'T WANT A SET TOP
THERE ARE DIGITAL TELEVISIONS AVAILABLE FOR LESS THAN $400-00 AT ANY DISCOUNT STORE,
WITH ASYLUM SEEKERS BURNING BUILDINGS, COMPUTERS, AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS AT VILLAWOOD,ANY PENSIONER WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF THEY WERE GIVEN THE $400-00 TO EITHER BUY A TELEVISION OR HELP WITH THE COST OF ELECTRICITY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.COLLEEN B Tuesday 10 May, 2011 - 3:53 PM
Who thought this up... real Julia or fake Julia?
Gran's had a set top box for years.
I don't think set top boxes need an installer, do they?
Will it be a HD box with PVR USB functions? Or just a kruddy SD box?
Are the refugees and illegals getting set top boxes too?Max Monday 9 May, 2011 - 9:15 PM
What the hell did Australians do to deserve this moron. Its like bad dream. People want responsible government not set top boxes. This is so stupid its almost beyond belief. Who the hell is advising these morons?
As for the refugees, yet again we have a stupid, unplanned, poorly (if at all), thought about policy but as sure as sunrise tomorrow its going to cost taxpayers big time.
For the sake of the country the STD (slow talking dope) Gillard has got to go !!!!!Wal Monday 9 May, 2011 - 6:07 PM
Pete, set top boxes usually sell from $29-00 to $49-00 upwards for a fairly good one from discount retailers
John Tamworth NswJohn Monday 9 May, 2011 - 4:19 PM