- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Pensioners: Money or the set top box?
The proposal to make available $300 million to give pensioners digital set top boxes has Jason Morrison scratching his head. Is it a priority for pensioners? Should pensioners be given the choice to take cash?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are pensioners in the Maitland NSW area going to get their free set top boxes from the Australian government?david abott Saturday 14 May, 2011 - 3:21 PM
THE pre-Budget promise to give pensioners a free TV set-top box is hardly likely to cause a stampede in Tasmania -- 86 per cent of the state's homes are already set up for digital reception. The price of a new digital TV has already dropped almost as low as the price of a set-top box, with major retailers selling 33cm high-definition LCD TVs for as little as $129.RAY Wednesday 11 May, 2011 - 2:14 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GOVERNMENT? THEY HAVE NO BRAINS AT ALL ..
THIS HAREBRAINED SCHEME IS KEVIN RUDD'S .. IT HAS BEEN ON THE CENTERLINK WEBSITE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS... THIS IS THE LISTING""
News for Seniors Issue 83 Spring/Summer 2010 English [pdf, 328k] eligible customers with a high-definition set-top box. ... An experienced government-contracted installer will install and demonstrate high definition ( HD) settop boxes and will also provide any necessary antenna and cabling work in eligible customers
ITS A REHASHED RUDD STUPIDITY.... WITH THE COST EXPECTED T O BE $400-00 PER HOUSEHOLD IT IS JUST A HUGE WASTE ONCE AGAIN!! I AM AN AGED PENSIONER AND I DON'T WANT A SET TOP
THERE ARE DIGITAL TELEVISIONS AVAILABLE FOR LESS THAN $400-00 AT ANY DISCOUNT STORE,
WITH ASYLUM SEEKERS BURNING BUILDINGS, COMPUTERS, AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS AT VILLAWOOD,ANY PENSIONER WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF THEY WERE GIVEN THE $400-00 TO EITHER BUY A TELEVISION OR HELP WITH THE COST OF ELECTRICITY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.COLLEEN B Tuesday 10 May, 2011 - 3:53 PM
Who thought this up... real Julia or fake Julia?
Gran's had a set top box for years.
I don't think set top boxes need an installer, do they?
Will it be a HD box with PVR USB functions? Or just a kruddy SD box?
Are the refugees and illegals getting set top boxes too?Max Monday 9 May, 2011 - 9:15 PM
What the hell did Australians do to deserve this moron. Its like bad dream. People want responsible government not set top boxes. This is so stupid its almost beyond belief. Who the hell is advising these morons?
As for the refugees, yet again we have a stupid, unplanned, poorly (if at all), thought about policy but as sure as sunrise tomorrow its going to cost taxpayers big time.
For the sake of the country the STD (slow talking dope) Gillard has got to go !!!!!Wal Monday 9 May, 2011 - 6:07 PM
Pete, set top boxes usually sell from $29-00 to $49-00 upwards for a fairly good one from discount retailers
John Tamworth NswJohn Monday 9 May, 2011 - 4:19 PM