- Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped?
- Blue Poles: Gough's art legacy
- Angela's Pics: Your Spring Garden
- Walking again: the stem cell miracle
- Equip police with video cameras
- Truck crash caught on dash cam
- Aussie jihadist signs death warrant?
- Balibo 5 investigation dropped
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Fight continues to keep Baghdad We really should be evacuating the horribly persecuted christians and leaving the muslims to fight it out, like they have ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
Pensioners: Money or the set top box?
The proposal to make available $300 million to give pensioners digital set top boxes has Jason Morrison scratching his head. Is it a priority for pensioners? Should pensioners be given the choice to take cash?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are pensioners in the Maitland NSW area going to get their free set top boxes from the Australian government?david abott Saturday 14 May, 2011 - 3:21 PM
THE pre-Budget promise to give pensioners a free TV set-top box is hardly likely to cause a stampede in Tasmania -- 86 per cent of the state's homes are already set up for digital reception. The price of a new digital TV has already dropped almost as low as the price of a set-top box, with major retailers selling 33cm high-definition LCD TVs for as little as $129.RAY Wednesday 11 May, 2011 - 2:14 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GOVERNMENT? THEY HAVE NO BRAINS AT ALL ..
THIS HAREBRAINED SCHEME IS KEVIN RUDD'S .. IT HAS BEEN ON THE CENTERLINK WEBSITE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS... THIS IS THE LISTING""
News for Seniors Issue 83 Spring/Summer 2010 English [pdf, 328k] eligible customers with a high-definition set-top box. ... An experienced government-contracted installer will install and demonstrate high definition ( HD) settop boxes and will also provide any necessary antenna and cabling work in eligible customers
ITS A REHASHED RUDD STUPIDITY.... WITH THE COST EXPECTED T O BE $400-00 PER HOUSEHOLD IT IS JUST A HUGE WASTE ONCE AGAIN!! I AM AN AGED PENSIONER AND I DON'T WANT A SET TOP
THERE ARE DIGITAL TELEVISIONS AVAILABLE FOR LESS THAN $400-00 AT ANY DISCOUNT STORE,
WITH ASYLUM SEEKERS BURNING BUILDINGS, COMPUTERS, AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS AT VILLAWOOD,ANY PENSIONER WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF THEY WERE GIVEN THE $400-00 TO EITHER BUY A TELEVISION OR HELP WITH THE COST OF ELECTRICITY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.COLLEEN B Tuesday 10 May, 2011 - 3:53 PM
Who thought this up... real Julia or fake Julia?
Gran's had a set top box for years.
I don't think set top boxes need an installer, do they?
Will it be a HD box with PVR USB functions? Or just a kruddy SD box?
Are the refugees and illegals getting set top boxes too?Max Monday 9 May, 2011 - 9:15 PM
What the hell did Australians do to deserve this moron. Its like bad dream. People want responsible government not set top boxes. This is so stupid its almost beyond belief. Who the hell is advising these morons?
As for the refugees, yet again we have a stupid, unplanned, poorly (if at all), thought about policy but as sure as sunrise tomorrow its going to cost taxpayers big time.
For the sake of the country the STD (slow talking dope) Gillard has got to go !!!!!Wal Monday 9 May, 2011 - 6:07 PM
Pete, set top boxes usually sell from $29-00 to $49-00 upwards for a fairly good one from discount retailers
John Tamworth NswJohn Monday 9 May, 2011 - 4:19 PM