- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
PM calls election on September 14th
Prime Minister Julia Gillard says the federal election will be held on September 14. The PM said she wanted to avoid the "carry on" that usually arises from constant speculation of the date of the poll.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Jason Morrison says one of the most important elections of our time and we have months of election campaigning to take us there. Why has the Prime Minister announced the date today.
How do we know what are governing days and campaigning days? Does it have more to do with making sure her leadership is stable?
PM Gillard's decision means Australia is in for a long-running unofficial election campaign ahead of the governor-general issuing writs on Monday, August 12 - which will mark the start of the official campaign.
The decision is believed to be unprecedented in modern Australian politics.
Prime ministers usually ask for the writs to be issued six to 12 weeks before a poll.
The electoral act allows for 58 days between the issue of the writs and polling day.
The surprise announcement about the date for the Federal Election has been welcomed by Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, who is half-way through his mini-election campaign. He was caught by surprise from today's announcement, but he says the Coalition are ready for anything.
Mr Abbott, who raced back to the capital from Melbourne as the news circulated, says Australians will have have a clear choice between more tax or less, more regulation or less, and less competence or more and between less freedom or more.
Independent MP Tony Windsor is welcoming the September 14 election date - but maintains the parliament still has alot of work to do before we go to the poll.
Mr Windsor says the Prime Minister called him last night - to get his thoughts on the date.
Coalition Senator Barnaby Joyce has mocked Prime Minister Julia Gillard's announcement of a September 14 Federal Election, saying it is premature.
Senator Joyce has told Jason Morrison the Prime Minister is obviously trying to stave off a leadership challenge, but the date announced is strangely early.
Our political leaders, and the public face a grueling eight month election campaign, as the date is unveiled for Australians to go to the polls. Jason Morrison with Joe Hockey on the campaign ahead.
KEY DATES LEADING TO 2013 POLL:
30 - Prime Minster Julia Gillard names September 14 election date
31 - Opposition Leader Tony Abbott National Press Club speech
1 - Melbourne Federal Court directions hearing for Fair Work Australia civil case against Labor-turned Independent MP Craig Thomson
5 - First sitting week of the parliamentary year begins
8 - Gillard attends NZ-Australian Leaders talks, Queenstown
11 - House sits, additional Senate estimates hearings
15 - Former Speaker Peter Slipper due to face Canberra Magistrates Court over travel entitlement misuse allegations
18 - Gillard addresses Australian Workers Union national conference, Gold Coast
22 - Reserve Bank Governor half yearly testimony
25 - New year Senate estimates hearings begin
- Council of Australian Governments meeting due mid-February
9 - WA state election
12 - Parliament sits
18 - Parliament sits
21 - Gillard gives official apology to Mothers and Children of Forced Adoption
14 - 2013/14 federal budget released
27 - House sits, budget estimates hearings
3 - House sits, budget estimates hearings
17 - Parliament sits
24 - Parliament sits
27 - Last sitting day before election
1 - Stage one of National Disability Insurance Scheme due to begin
12 - Governor-General issues writs for the house and half Senate election
19 - Electoral rolls due to close
14 - Polling day
(Source: government, AAP)
Thank you Terrence; Q.E.D.David T. Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 9:34 AM
@David T., well I put forward specific points. You di not respond to any of those and are relying only on disjointed personal attacks to try to shut me up. That never works.
Well you are doing a good job of making a complete fool of yourself so focus on yourself before you advise others. Now off to work and earn your bread as a self-admitted Lieberal party stooge!Terrence Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 12:02 AM
Terrence, I suggest that for your own benefit, it is time for you to go back to school and learn a little more of the English language and its' usage. You may then be clearer in both your postings and your understanding of those of others. In the meantime, try not to appear to be a fool.David T. Monday 4 February, 2013 - 2:22 PM
@David T., can't make up your mind eh, just like your leader Abbott? First you admit you are Lieberal stooge then you say in the next post "not that I am one".Terrence Friday 1 February, 2013 - 7:30 PM
Angela, given your newspaper knowledge, I guess your profession, from which you have so kindly provided your 'professional view' (free of charge, might I add) must be bundling the local Quest community papers in readiness for delivery.James W Friday 1 February, 2013 - 2:07 PM
Carmen and LIARRR - you got your election, but how long will it take Abutt to get ready? Waving books at people will not do. People are asking what Abutt gonnna do and how he'll pay for it.Franco Friday 1 February, 2013 - 12:05 PM