- Girl held at gun point in robbery
- Young drivers on p-plates until 25?
- Tributes for Doors legend Manzarek
- Warnings over pets being stolen
- Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support
- Sydney’s traffic making workers sick
- Twisters strike Oklahoma City
- Ban all gambling advertising?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on Man refuses rising for magistrate @CARMEN. You will have to excuse the dribble coming from Terrence. He is a lefty zealot and a devotee of anything that is ... more
- Robert on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support So rudd thinks that maybe after years of media and political propaganda and cultural-marxist teachers poisoning our ... more
- CARMEN on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Hi Paul...I missed your comments recently, but, never-the less, my judgement has not changed in the least....MARRIAGE IS ... more
- CARMEN on Journalists too left on political views? THERE WE GO AGAIN, TERENCE.....THE APOLOGIST, PUPPET AND GREAT HYPOCRITE OF THE LABOR PARTY......Please Oh please, Terence, ... more
- paul on Man refuses rising for magistrate He should be punished further for that!However that doesnt mean i will jump on the anti muslim racist bandwagon like a lot ... more
- paul on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Well done Mr Rudd.Its about time AustrÃ?Â?Ã?Â¡lia grew up re gay marriage and now we will see the clown is ABBOTT who will ... more
- CARMEN on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM ONLY the gullible will believe anything Julia Gillard puts forward....Another BIG LIE is that Mr. Abbott is GOING TO CUT THE ... more
- CARMEN on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM UH, TERRENCE.....You are obviously a VERY, VERY CONFUSED person...How on earth can you STILL back a DISHONEST LABOR ... more
- CARMEN on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support KEVIN RUDD....Australia's JOKER AND CLOWN.....Who would take any notice of his views regarding gay marriage...he is a non ... more
- CARMEN on Man refuses rising for magistrate Well, Terence.....You are one of the loonies who obviously has very low regard for our laws.....If they want to express ... more
- Jester4212 on Ban all gambling advertising? Good call, with you all the way! Excellent interview. more
- Simon on Sydney’s traffic making workers sick Stop complaining... prob is too many people stuck in this "Sydney comfort zone" Quit your job and move out of the city. Too ... more
- Terrence on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM What is most disgusting is the deliberate attempt to talk down the country for one's own petty political interest. This ... more
- Greg O on Banning children not vaccinated? I can still remember that day at St Leos College Wahroonga in 1956 when the whole school was vaccinated against Polio. My ... more
- Terrence on Man refuses rising for magistrate @Maddy, yes, send him to his home - in Bankstown.@Sal Oddo, what are they doing here? I suppose they are expressing ... more
- Terrence on Journalists too left on political views? It is the height of hypocrisy when Jason Morrison talks of bias. For so long he has been not just exhibiting bias but ... more
- Terrence on Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply @CARMEN, I'm sorry his predicament is because of his ill-advised small-target policy and his reluctance and/or inability to ... more
- Andrew on Man refuses rising for magistrate Enough is enough! How many times do we have to pander to the Islamic minority who have no respect for our laws and customs? ... more
- ps58 on Man refuses rising for magistrate We have no bill of rights.. but the Rule of Law is embedded in our Australian Constituion- no one is above the law- all are ... more
- Sam on Man refuses rising for magistrate If he knows his religion quite well. Why didn't he or his lawyer advise the court before Magistrate entered the court room ... more
PM calls election on September 14th
Prime Minister Julia Gillard says the federal election will be held on September 14. The PM said she wanted to avoid the "carry on" that usually arises from constant speculation of the date of the poll.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Jason Morrison says one of the most important elections of our time and we have months of election campaigning to take us there. Why has the Prime Minister announced the date today.
How do we know what are governing days and campaigning days? Does it have more to do with making sure her leadership is stable?
PM Gillard's decision means Australia is in for a long-running unofficial election campaign ahead of the governor-general issuing writs on Monday, August 12 - which will mark the start of the official campaign.
The decision is believed to be unprecedented in modern Australian politics.
Prime ministers usually ask for the writs to be issued six to 12 weeks before a poll.
The electoral act allows for 58 days between the issue of the writs and polling day.
The surprise announcement about the date for the Federal Election has been welcomed by Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, who is half-way through his mini-election campaign. He was caught by surprise from today's announcement, but he says the Coalition are ready for anything.
Mr Abbott, who raced back to the capital from Melbourne as the news circulated, says Australians will have have a clear choice between more tax or less, more regulation or less, and less competence or more and between less freedom or more.
Independent MP Tony Windsor is welcoming the September 14 election date - but maintains the parliament still has alot of work to do before we go to the poll.
Mr Windsor says the Prime Minister called him last night - to get his thoughts on the date.
Coalition Senator Barnaby Joyce has mocked Prime Minister Julia Gillard's announcement of a September 14 Federal Election, saying it is premature.
Senator Joyce has told Jason Morrison the Prime Minister is obviously trying to stave off a leadership challenge, but the date announced is strangely early.
Our political leaders, and the public face a grueling eight month election campaign, as the date is unveiled for Australians to go to the polls. Jason Morrison with Joe Hockey on the campaign ahead.
KEY DATES LEADING TO 2013 POLL:
30 - Prime Minster Julia Gillard names September 14 election date
31 - Opposition Leader Tony Abbott National Press Club speech
1 - Melbourne Federal Court directions hearing for Fair Work Australia civil case against Labor-turned Independent MP Craig Thomson
5 - First sitting week of the parliamentary year begins
8 - Gillard attends NZ-Australian Leaders talks, Queenstown
11 - House sits, additional Senate estimates hearings
15 - Former Speaker Peter Slipper due to face Canberra Magistrates Court over travel entitlement misuse allegations
18 - Gillard addresses Australian Workers Union national conference, Gold Coast
22 - Reserve Bank Governor half yearly testimony
25 - New year Senate estimates hearings begin
- Council of Australian Governments meeting due mid-February
9 - WA state election
12 - Parliament sits
18 - Parliament sits
21 - Gillard gives official apology to Mothers and Children of Forced Adoption
14 - 2013/14 federal budget released
27 - House sits, budget estimates hearings
3 - House sits, budget estimates hearings
17 - Parliament sits
24 - Parliament sits
27 - Last sitting day before election
1 - Stage one of National Disability Insurance Scheme due to begin
12 - Governor-General issues writs for the house and half Senate election
19 - Electoral rolls due to close
14 - Polling day
(Source: government, AAP)
Thank you Terrence; Q.E.D.David T. Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 9:34 AM
@David T., well I put forward specific points. You di not respond to any of those and are relying only on disjointed personal attacks to try to shut me up. That never works.
Well you are doing a good job of making a complete fool of yourself so focus on yourself before you advise others. Now off to work and earn your bread as a self-admitted Lieberal party stooge!Terrence Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 12:02 AM
Terrence, I suggest that for your own benefit, it is time for you to go back to school and learn a little more of the English language and its' usage. You may then be clearer in both your postings and your understanding of those of others. In the meantime, try not to appear to be a fool.David T. Monday 4 February, 2013 - 2:22 PM
@David T., can't make up your mind eh, just like your leader Abbott? First you admit you are Lieberal stooge then you say in the next post "not that I am one".Terrence Friday 1 February, 2013 - 7:30 PM
Angela, given your newspaper knowledge, I guess your profession, from which you have so kindly provided your 'professional view' (free of charge, might I add) must be bundling the local Quest community papers in readiness for delivery.James W Friday 1 February, 2013 - 2:07 PM
Carmen and LIARRR - you got your election, but how long will it take Abutt to get ready? Waving books at people will not do. People are asking what Abutt gonnna do and how he'll pay for it.Franco Friday 1 February, 2013 - 12:05 PM