- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
PM puts heat back to Opposition
The Prime Minister has put the heat on Opposition Leader as a damaging union scandal comes to a head. She's challenged Tony Abbott him to either substantiate claims she committed fraud, or apologise.
Mr Abbott has since backed away from claims he made earlier today that she broke the law, but insists she was a dodgy lawyer.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Teenage girls dream of first love, have their first kiss at 14 and are becoming more confident in standing up to peer pressure. Dicko and Anjali look at the changes with Sarah Tarca of Girlfriend magazine.
How important is it to immunize? What of claims it leads to Autism in children? Dicko chats with Dr. Ross Walker of Healthy Living to get the facts on whether vaccinations 'more harmful than beneficial'.
@Kylie Smith, you see that is the problem. What you are trying to pass off as policy are nothing but sound bites. They are meant as canon fodder for the converted and the stooges. Policy involves detailed articulation of the objectives and how they are going to be achieved. It involves a lot of hard work, considerably more than what it takes to simply criticise the other party and say we are going to do away with the their policies.
I don't care whether they do away with Labour policies or not, as I am not happy with Labour policies on refugees at least. I simply want to see details of what a party intends to do.
On carbon pricing, Abbott has changed his position several times. He was in favour of a simple carbon tax in July 2009 when Kevin Rudd was favouring ETS, a position which he later changed. ETS is a more popular proposition in my opinion, one that is also supported by many in the opposition. I would like to know clearly what Abbot's position and policies are on carbon pricing as well.Terrence Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 8:37 PM
@Hi Terrence, obviously Tony Abbott's core policies are to immediately abolish Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming carbon dioxide tax and stop the illegal country shoppers on the boats coming and pay Labor's crippling debt. With time, after that everything else will be put into place and Australia will be back on track to where honest Liberal John Howard had left things-Labor trashed Howard's good work! Entirely untrustworthy, Labor are now history and are not even a choice. It is common knowledge that self-serving Labor will stay there to the very last day-minute on their reckless very damaging egotistical power trip. Treasonous hypocrites, international globalists, hijackers Labor are rapidly destroying our sovereignty, Labor are merely UN hacks they hate a prosperous, happy, efficient and moral Australia. Bottom line-Labor will be obliterated next year, Labor, never again wanted in Australia.Kylie Smith Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 10:53 AM
It is a sad indictment on Australian politics that we now have an opposition whose only strategy seems to be to bring down the government before the election. And they think it is possible by attacking the PM on her past, which is why they don't have a plan B, and they don't need to work hard on policies.
What the party stooges who post their abuses here don't realise is that there won't be any early election. Even 2UE and all Abbott biased media have accepted that the govt will go full term. And when it comes to the election campaign and there will have to be debates on policies Gillard will just eat Abbott alive.Terrence Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 8:27 AM
@Hi Peter should Juliar need it, just in case?? Maybe you too can arrange a "slush fund" for that "no conscience" crazy liar, Juliar.Errol Saturday 1 December, 2012 - 9:21 PM
Tony Abbott there's a guy with no conscience, isn't he the one who organised a slush fund who sent Pauline Hanson away for a stint in jail?Peter Saturday 1 December, 2012 - 8:23 AM
Parliament must be recalled before Christmas and an election called.
PLEASE CHECK OUT; THE HON. GEORGE BRANDIS, S.C.
His dynamite Press Conference today [transcript] at Parliament House. Topic: The AWU AffairGeoff Friday 30 November, 2012 - 10:12 PM