- War looming in the Middle East
- My religion needs fixing?
- Extremists the enemy of Islam
- Drug action in female prisons
- Bali arrest may affect Corby bail
- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
PM puts heat back to Opposition
The Prime Minister has put the heat on Opposition Leader as a damaging union scandal comes to a head. She's challenged Tony Abbott him to either substantiate claims she committed fraud, or apologise.
Mr Abbott has since backed away from claims he made earlier today that she broke the law, but insists she was a dodgy lawyer.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Teenage girls dream of first love, have their first kiss at 14 and are becoming more confident in standing up to peer pressure. Dicko and Anjali look at the changes with Sarah Tarca of Girlfriend magazine.
How important is it to immunize? What of claims it leads to Autism in children? Dicko chats with Dr. Ross Walker of Healthy Living to get the facts on whether vaccinations 'more harmful than beneficial'.
@Kylie Smith, you see that is the problem. What you are trying to pass off as policy are nothing but sound bites. They are meant as canon fodder for the converted and the stooges. Policy involves detailed articulation of the objectives and how they are going to be achieved. It involves a lot of hard work, considerably more than what it takes to simply criticise the other party and say we are going to do away with the their policies.
I don't care whether they do away with Labour policies or not, as I am not happy with Labour policies on refugees at least. I simply want to see details of what a party intends to do.
On carbon pricing, Abbott has changed his position several times. He was in favour of a simple carbon tax in July 2009 when Kevin Rudd was favouring ETS, a position which he later changed. ETS is a more popular proposition in my opinion, one that is also supported by many in the opposition. I would like to know clearly what Abbot's position and policies are on carbon pricing as well.Terrence Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 8:37 PM
@Hi Terrence, obviously Tony Abbott's core policies are to immediately abolish Labor's fraudulent anthropogenic global warming carbon dioxide tax and stop the illegal country shoppers on the boats coming and pay Labor's crippling debt. With time, after that everything else will be put into place and Australia will be back on track to where honest Liberal John Howard had left things-Labor trashed Howard's good work! Entirely untrustworthy, Labor are now history and are not even a choice. It is common knowledge that self-serving Labor will stay there to the very last day-minute on their reckless very damaging egotistical power trip. Treasonous hypocrites, international globalists, hijackers Labor are rapidly destroying our sovereignty, Labor are merely UN hacks they hate a prosperous, happy, efficient and moral Australia. Bottom line-Labor will be obliterated next year, Labor, never again wanted in Australia.Kylie Smith Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 10:53 AM
It is a sad indictment on Australian politics that we now have an opposition whose only strategy seems to be to bring down the government before the election. And they think it is possible by attacking the PM on her past, which is why they don't have a plan B, and they don't need to work hard on policies.
What the party stooges who post their abuses here don't realise is that there won't be any early election. Even 2UE and all Abbott biased media have accepted that the govt will go full term. And when it comes to the election campaign and there will have to be debates on policies Gillard will just eat Abbott alive.Terrence Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 8:27 AM
@Hi Peter should Juliar need it, just in case?? Maybe you too can arrange a "slush fund" for that "no conscience" crazy liar, Juliar.Errol Saturday 1 December, 2012 - 9:21 PM
Tony Abbott there's a guy with no conscience, isn't he the one who organised a slush fund who sent Pauline Hanson away for a stint in jail?Peter Saturday 1 December, 2012 - 8:23 AM
Parliament must be recalled before Christmas and an election called.
PLEASE CHECK OUT; THE HON. GEORGE BRANDIS, S.C.
His dynamite Press Conference today [transcript] at Parliament House. Topic: The AWU AffairGeoff Friday 30 November, 2012 - 10:12 PM