- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
PM sends out New Year's message
Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott are wishing Australians a safe and happy new year but are reminding us the nation faces some important choices and challenges.
With the federal election to dominate politics in 2013, both the prime minister and opposition leader have used their new years' addresses to put forward plans for the nation and make a resolution or two.
Ms Gillard says 2013 will be a year of renewed national spirit and unity, and has pledged to create a better world for the next generation.
She says we have much to do and will do it best by working together.
Mr Abbott is also calling on Australians to approach 2013 with confidence.
He says the coalition will offer plans to deliver jobs and a strong and prosperous economy.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Defence experts say not every Australian soldier in Afghanistan will return home by the end of next year, as troops begin withdrawal. John Stanley on the lessons learned and whether there has been any success.
Take a look back on the major news stories in Australia in 2012. From Julia Gillard seeing off a political challenge to the child abuse inquiry. AAP Senior Correspondent Doug Conway reviews the stories of 2012.
Simply more lies and hyperbole!Bill Abrahams Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 7:56 AM
Anyone but the rank incompetent, useless, deceitful, obstinate, inveterate liar Jul-liar Gillard will do me in the next election. Put up a damned monkey in her place and I wouldn't vote for it because it would be but another defunct labor party stooge. Good riddens to you Gillard you useless woman.Justin J James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 8:29 PM
gillard charged with treason , why are our judges not hearing this case , 2013 time for the australian people to take a standpeter Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
I'd much rather hear her apologise for being a dishonest, incompetent fool.David T. Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 9:26 AM
Nothing about the disgraceful National debt Madame, currently running at close to $200 Billion dollars with more utter waste and 'handouts' to occur. I trust 2013 will be the year that Aussie voters who voted for the labor party will wake up to these incompetent failures and install a Liberal Coalition real Government that will manage with openness, clear integrity, proven competence and respect for all of us citizens!Justin James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 6:39 AM
I couldnt care less about what this woman has to say. She is a traitor.Robert Monday 31 December, 2012 - 2:19 PM