- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
PM sends out New Year's message
Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott are wishing Australians a safe and happy new year but are reminding us the nation faces some important choices and challenges.
With the federal election to dominate politics in 2013, both the prime minister and opposition leader have used their new years' addresses to put forward plans for the nation and make a resolution or two.
Ms Gillard says 2013 will be a year of renewed national spirit and unity, and has pledged to create a better world for the next generation.
She says we have much to do and will do it best by working together.
Mr Abbott is also calling on Australians to approach 2013 with confidence.
He says the coalition will offer plans to deliver jobs and a strong and prosperous economy.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Defence experts say not every Australian soldier in Afghanistan will return home by the end of next year, as troops begin withdrawal. John Stanley on the lessons learned and whether there has been any success.
Take a look back on the major news stories in Australia in 2012. From Julia Gillard seeing off a political challenge to the child abuse inquiry. AAP Senior Correspondent Doug Conway reviews the stories of 2012.
Simply more lies and hyperbole!Bill Abrahams Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 7:56 AM
Anyone but the rank incompetent, useless, deceitful, obstinate, inveterate liar Jul-liar Gillard will do me in the next election. Put up a damned monkey in her place and I wouldn't vote for it because it would be but another defunct labor party stooge. Good riddens to you Gillard you useless woman.Justin J James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 8:29 PM
gillard charged with treason , why are our judges not hearing this case , 2013 time for the australian people to take a standpeter Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
I'd much rather hear her apologise for being a dishonest, incompetent fool.David T. Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 9:26 AM
Nothing about the disgraceful National debt Madame, currently running at close to $200 Billion dollars with more utter waste and 'handouts' to occur. I trust 2013 will be the year that Aussie voters who voted for the labor party will wake up to these incompetent failures and install a Liberal Coalition real Government that will manage with openness, clear integrity, proven competence and respect for all of us citizens!Justin James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 6:39 AM
I couldnt care less about what this woman has to say. She is a traitor.Robert Monday 31 December, 2012 - 2:19 PM