- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
PM sends out New Year's message
Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott are wishing Australians a safe and happy new year but are reminding us the nation faces some important choices and challenges.
With the federal election to dominate politics in 2013, both the prime minister and opposition leader have used their new years' addresses to put forward plans for the nation and make a resolution or two.
Ms Gillard says 2013 will be a year of renewed national spirit and unity, and has pledged to create a better world for the next generation.
She says we have much to do and will do it best by working together.
Mr Abbott is also calling on Australians to approach 2013 with confidence.
He says the coalition will offer plans to deliver jobs and a strong and prosperous economy.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Defence experts say not every Australian soldier in Afghanistan will return home by the end of next year, as troops begin withdrawal. John Stanley on the lessons learned and whether there has been any success.
Take a look back on the major news stories in Australia in 2012. From Julia Gillard seeing off a political challenge to the child abuse inquiry. AAP Senior Correspondent Doug Conway reviews the stories of 2012.
Simply more lies and hyperbole!Bill Abrahams Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 7:56 AM
Anyone but the rank incompetent, useless, deceitful, obstinate, inveterate liar Jul-liar Gillard will do me in the next election. Put up a damned monkey in her place and I wouldn't vote for it because it would be but another defunct labor party stooge. Good riddens to you Gillard you useless woman.Justin J James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 8:29 PM
gillard charged with treason , why are our judges not hearing this case , 2013 time for the australian people to take a standpeter Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
I'd much rather hear her apologise for being a dishonest, incompetent fool.David T. Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 9:26 AM
Nothing about the disgraceful National debt Madame, currently running at close to $200 Billion dollars with more utter waste and 'handouts' to occur. I trust 2013 will be the year that Aussie voters who voted for the labor party will wake up to these incompetent failures and install a Liberal Coalition real Government that will manage with openness, clear integrity, proven competence and respect for all of us citizens!Justin James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 6:39 AM
I couldnt care less about what this woman has to say. She is a traitor.Robert Monday 31 December, 2012 - 2:19 PM