- Cricket calendar: Live on 2UE in 2013-14
- Should the smack be banned?
- Public transport costs to rise
- Coming Soon, A new 2UE
- PM keen to stop Toyota closure?
- Overweight: OK to say a man is fat?
- End of Aussie car manufacturing?
- What angers you on Sydney roads?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Should the smack be banned? It should be at the discretion of the parent.This should not be a law enforced by the government. I agree with the PM's ... more
- Robert on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Why should anyone complain? You all wanted globalisation and here it is taking away jobs and sending our economy downhill to ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Back flipping is Tony's and Joe's preferred method of movement, these days. A good thing Joe dropped quite a few kgs, he's ... more
- paulo on Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela Never forget here in Australia our treatment of blacks.from the end of the 19th century until the 1960s half caste children ... more
- Cleangirl on Is cheerleading really a sport? Yes, but they should be wearing over-alls, not shaving under their arms and they require tribal tattoos, or so want the ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I doubt the veracity of this so called 'poll.' It was most probable that it was conducted in 'die-hard' labor party and ... more
- PJ on Why are Coalition behind in polls? One sentence; Labor Left OWN the media.Coalition has been blamed for the Spy scandal, Qantas and Holden. All problems ... more
- Jo on Are Sydney's trains too unreliable? Yes trains are unreliable but from someone who catches a bus 10-12 times a week or more buses are worse and something needs ... more
- peter on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I don't care if they are behind in the polls at least we don't have to listen ugly voice of Gillard I think it is funny how ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? People are probably realising that the 2013 vintage LNP are at least as big a bullsh#*ters as any other Governing party that ... more
- annette on Why are Coalition behind in polls? the fact that the liberals want to kill off our car industry and kill off our national airline , both should be bailed out. ... more
- rolland on Why are Coalition behind in polls? sick of all the lies from this govt the secrecy with hiding the boats, the attacks on our national broadcaster, christopher ... more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Robert the normal racist answer.Just because you think the racist white only policy was fine does not mean that all whites ... more
PM sends out New Year's message
Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott are wishing Australians a safe and happy new year but are reminding us the nation faces some important choices and challenges.
With the federal election to dominate politics in 2013, both the prime minister and opposition leader have used their new years' addresses to put forward plans for the nation and make a resolution or two.
Ms Gillard says 2013 will be a year of renewed national spirit and unity, and has pledged to create a better world for the next generation.
She says we have much to do and will do it best by working together.
Mr Abbott is also calling on Australians to approach 2013 with confidence.
He says the coalition will offer plans to deliver jobs and a strong and prosperous economy.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Defence experts say not every Australian soldier in Afghanistan will return home by the end of next year, as troops begin withdrawal. John Stanley on the lessons learned and whether there has been any success.
Take a look back on the major news stories in Australia in 2012. From Julia Gillard seeing off a political challenge to the child abuse inquiry. AAP Senior Correspondent Doug Conway reviews the stories of 2012.
Simply more lies and hyperbole!Bill Abrahams Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 7:56 AM
Anyone but the rank incompetent, useless, deceitful, obstinate, inveterate liar Jul-liar Gillard will do me in the next election. Put up a damned monkey in her place and I wouldn't vote for it because it would be but another defunct labor party stooge. Good riddens to you Gillard you useless woman.Justin J James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 8:29 PM
gillard charged with treason , why are our judges not hearing this case , 2013 time for the australian people to take a standpeter Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
I'd much rather hear her apologise for being a dishonest, incompetent fool.David T. Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 9:26 AM
Nothing about the disgraceful National debt Madame, currently running at close to $200 Billion dollars with more utter waste and 'handouts' to occur. I trust 2013 will be the year that Aussie voters who voted for the labor party will wake up to these incompetent failures and install a Liberal Coalition real Government that will manage with openness, clear integrity, proven competence and respect for all of us citizens!Justin James Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 6:39 AM
I couldnt care less about what this woman has to say. She is a traitor.Robert Monday 31 December, 2012 - 2:19 PM