- James Tiger - Lego Ninjago
- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
PM staffer sparks Canberra protest?
The Prime Minister's office insists that the staffer who sparked the Australia Day protest in Canberra did not encourage any violence.
One of Julia Gillard's press secretary's Tony Hodges has resigned, after it was revealed he told aboriginal protestors where Oppositon Leader Tony Abbott would be.
PM Gillard and Tony Abbott had to be rushed to safety by police. The opposition is now calling for an inquiry into the incident by Federal Police.
The Coalition says Julia Gillard has lost control of her office after it was revealed one of her own staffers sparked the Australia Day protests. Coalition frontbencher Christopher Pyne with John Stanley on why he is calling for an urgent policy inquiry into the incident.
Aboriginal elders have named a Union official for informing them of Tony Abbott's location during an Australia Day function which led to a violent protest. They allege Kim Sattler from Unions ACT told them the Opposition leader was attending an awards ceremony just 200 metres away from the Tent Embassy.
The elders claim Ms Sattler had Mistakenly informed them that Mr Abbott believed the Embassy should be shut down. Aboriginal protestor Barbara Shaw says she relayed the comments to others in the crowd, but didn't endorse any form of violence.
Members of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy claim they were "set-up" by the Prime Minister's office to raid an Australia Day function at a nearby restaurant. Aboriginal elder Michael Anderson believes the PM'S office was playing on the high emotions that had already been gripping the crowd who regard Australia Day as "invasion day".
2UE Chief Canberra Correspondent Michael Pachi reports on the claims a union leader has been named as the "go-between" between the Prime Minister's office and Aboriginal activists which led to Thursday's violent protest.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The only concerns here would be the aboriginal kids seen spitting on the Flag and the young girl burning it, what a great future they have, no doubt following in their "elders" footstepsPeter Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 12:41 PM
Richard K - you have to be joking, right, "innocent Tony Abbott" - since when has he been innocent of anything? Ask Pauline Hansen if she thinks he is so innocent. Both sides of Politics use these same "dirty Tricks" and you know only too well that it goes on. Mark Latham can also attest to this, as they gave him hell as well.Joe Monday 30 January, 2012 - 5:35 PM
Note the absolute lack of any police effort to have all the rioters who staged the disgusting riot at the Lobby Restuarent in Canberra ut before the local Court! I take it Gillard and comrades have issued them a 'direction.' So much for transparent law and order and criminal justice! It is sadly dead and buried hey Gillard!Jonathan L Monday 30 January, 2012 - 8:11 AM
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is no longer "young and naive" making "serious errors of judgement". Julia Gillard is older, more arrogant and still making "serious errors of judgement". Julia Gillard's Press Secretary Tony Hodges worked very closely, successfully with Miss Gillard for many years. Loyal, smart Tony Hodges must of known very well what was expected of him from his complimenting, approving boss Julia Gillard!
The only so called "error of judgement" was Tony Hodges etc did not expect to get caught red handed. As for Miss Gillard's distancing herself with denial of any knowledge of Tony Hodges activities?? That is very hard to believe, given their close working, very important relationship. The apparent, inappropriate manipulation of the media is "deeply offensive" to the electorate. Prime Minister Julia Gillard must give an unreserved apology to the nation before her full resignation.Christian J. Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 9:05 PM
The electorate finds Julia Gillard's countless, implausible denials "deeply offensive" too.Raymond Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 11:42 AM
There has clearly been a concerted effort within the Unionized-Labor-Government to inappropriately vilify Liberal Hon. Tony Abbott. Notoriously Labor always fight dirty with "whatever it takes" being in the Labor DNA. This whole disgusting, untruthful government should be investigated and appropriate action taken, thereafter. The very serious Tony Hodges affair appears to be uncoincidental and may well be part of the Labor [jig-saw-puzzle] vilification strategy to destroy Tony Abbott's credibility. Labor's unacceptable conduct being staged is obviously not good for Australia's future wellbeing and is already having very serious consequences for all of us.Gerry Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 9:28 PM