- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you trust a politician's promise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
PM staffer sparks Canberra protest?
The Prime Minister's office insists that the staffer who sparked the Australia Day protest in Canberra did not encourage any violence.
One of Julia Gillard's press secretary's Tony Hodges has resigned, after it was revealed he told aboriginal protestors where Oppositon Leader Tony Abbott would be.
PM Gillard and Tony Abbott had to be rushed to safety by police. The opposition is now calling for an inquiry into the incident by Federal Police.
The Coalition says Julia Gillard has lost control of her office after it was revealed one of her own staffers sparked the Australia Day protests. Coalition frontbencher Christopher Pyne with John Stanley on why he is calling for an urgent policy inquiry into the incident.
Aboriginal elders have named a Union official for informing them of Tony Abbott's location during an Australia Day function which led to a violent protest. They allege Kim Sattler from Unions ACT told them the Opposition leader was attending an awards ceremony just 200 metres away from the Tent Embassy.
The elders claim Ms Sattler had Mistakenly informed them that Mr Abbott believed the Embassy should be shut down. Aboriginal protestor Barbara Shaw says she relayed the comments to others in the crowd, but didn't endorse any form of violence.
Members of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy claim they were "set-up" by the Prime Minister's office to raid an Australia Day function at a nearby restaurant. Aboriginal elder Michael Anderson believes the PM'S office was playing on the high emotions that had already been gripping the crowd who regard Australia Day as "invasion day".
2UE Chief Canberra Correspondent Michael Pachi reports on the claims a union leader has been named as the "go-between" between the Prime Minister's office and Aboriginal activists which led to Thursday's violent protest.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The only concerns here would be the aboriginal kids seen spitting on the Flag and the young girl burning it, what a great future they have, no doubt following in their "elders" footstepsPeter Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 12:41 PM
Richard K - you have to be joking, right, "innocent Tony Abbott" - since when has he been innocent of anything? Ask Pauline Hansen if she thinks he is so innocent. Both sides of Politics use these same "dirty Tricks" and you know only too well that it goes on. Mark Latham can also attest to this, as they gave him hell as well.Joe Monday 30 January, 2012 - 5:35 PM
Note the absolute lack of any police effort to have all the rioters who staged the disgusting riot at the Lobby Restuarent in Canberra ut before the local Court! I take it Gillard and comrades have issued them a 'direction.' So much for transparent law and order and criminal justice! It is sadly dead and buried hey Gillard!Jonathan L Monday 30 January, 2012 - 8:11 AM
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is no longer "young and naive" making "serious errors of judgement". Julia Gillard is older, more arrogant and still making "serious errors of judgement". Julia Gillard's Press Secretary Tony Hodges worked very closely, successfully with Miss Gillard for many years. Loyal, smart Tony Hodges must of known very well what was expected of him from his complimenting, approving boss Julia Gillard!
The only so called "error of judgement" was Tony Hodges etc did not expect to get caught red handed. As for Miss Gillard's distancing herself with denial of any knowledge of Tony Hodges activities?? That is very hard to believe, given their close working, very important relationship. The apparent, inappropriate manipulation of the media is "deeply offensive" to the electorate. Prime Minister Julia Gillard must give an unreserved apology to the nation before her full resignation.Christian J. Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 9:05 PM
The electorate finds Julia Gillard's countless, implausible denials "deeply offensive" too.Raymond Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 11:42 AM
There has clearly been a concerted effort within the Unionized-Labor-Government to inappropriately vilify Liberal Hon. Tony Abbott. Notoriously Labor always fight dirty with "whatever it takes" being in the Labor DNA. This whole disgusting, untruthful government should be investigated and appropriate action taken, thereafter. The very serious Tony Hodges affair appears to be uncoincidental and may well be part of the Labor [jig-saw-puzzle] vilification strategy to destroy Tony Abbott's credibility. Labor's unacceptable conduct being staged is obviously not good for Australia's future wellbeing and is already having very serious consequences for all of us.Gerry Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 9:28 PM