- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
PM staffer sparks Canberra protest?
The Prime Minister's office insists that the staffer who sparked the Australia Day protest in Canberra did not encourage any violence.
One of Julia Gillard's press secretary's Tony Hodges has resigned, after it was revealed he told aboriginal protestors where Oppositon Leader Tony Abbott would be.
PM Gillard and Tony Abbott had to be rushed to safety by police. The opposition is now calling for an inquiry into the incident by Federal Police.
The Coalition says Julia Gillard has lost control of her office after it was revealed one of her own staffers sparked the Australia Day protests. Coalition frontbencher Christopher Pyne with John Stanley on why he is calling for an urgent policy inquiry into the incident.
Aboriginal elders have named a Union official for informing them of Tony Abbott's location during an Australia Day function which led to a violent protest. They allege Kim Sattler from Unions ACT told them the Opposition leader was attending an awards ceremony just 200 metres away from the Tent Embassy.
The elders claim Ms Sattler had Mistakenly informed them that Mr Abbott believed the Embassy should be shut down. Aboriginal protestor Barbara Shaw says she relayed the comments to others in the crowd, but didn't endorse any form of violence.
Members of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy claim they were "set-up" by the Prime Minister's office to raid an Australia Day function at a nearby restaurant. Aboriginal elder Michael Anderson believes the PM'S office was playing on the high emotions that had already been gripping the crowd who regard Australia Day as "invasion day".
2UE Chief Canberra Correspondent Michael Pachi reports on the claims a union leader has been named as the "go-between" between the Prime Minister's office and Aboriginal activists which led to Thursday's violent protest.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The only concerns here would be the aboriginal kids seen spitting on the Flag and the young girl burning it, what a great future they have, no doubt following in their "elders" footstepsPeter Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 12:41 PM
Richard K - you have to be joking, right, "innocent Tony Abbott" - since when has he been innocent of anything? Ask Pauline Hansen if she thinks he is so innocent. Both sides of Politics use these same "dirty Tricks" and you know only too well that it goes on. Mark Latham can also attest to this, as they gave him hell as well.Joe Monday 30 January, 2012 - 5:35 PM
Note the absolute lack of any police effort to have all the rioters who staged the disgusting riot at the Lobby Restuarent in Canberra ut before the local Court! I take it Gillard and comrades have issued them a 'direction.' So much for transparent law and order and criminal justice! It is sadly dead and buried hey Gillard!Jonathan L Monday 30 January, 2012 - 8:11 AM
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is no longer "young and naive" making "serious errors of judgement". Julia Gillard is older, more arrogant and still making "serious errors of judgement". Julia Gillard's Press Secretary Tony Hodges worked very closely, successfully with Miss Gillard for many years. Loyal, smart Tony Hodges must of known very well what was expected of him from his complimenting, approving boss Julia Gillard!
The only so called "error of judgement" was Tony Hodges etc did not expect to get caught red handed. As for Miss Gillard's distancing herself with denial of any knowledge of Tony Hodges activities?? That is very hard to believe, given their close working, very important relationship. The apparent, inappropriate manipulation of the media is "deeply offensive" to the electorate. Prime Minister Julia Gillard must give an unreserved apology to the nation before her full resignation.Christian J. Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 9:05 PM
The electorate finds Julia Gillard's countless, implausible denials "deeply offensive" too.Raymond Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 11:42 AM
There has clearly been a concerted effort within the Unionized-Labor-Government to inappropriately vilify Liberal Hon. Tony Abbott. Notoriously Labor always fight dirty with "whatever it takes" being in the Labor DNA. This whole disgusting, untruthful government should be investigated and appropriate action taken, thereafter. The very serious Tony Hodges affair appears to be uncoincidental and may well be part of the Labor [jig-saw-puzzle] vilification strategy to destroy Tony Abbott's credibility. Labor's unacceptable conduct being staged is obviously not good for Australia's future wellbeing and is already having very serious consequences for all of us.Gerry Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 9:28 PM