- A brief history of the future?
- Preview of Third Ashes Test
- Asylum seeker budget blowout
- NBN: Coalition's broken promise?
- Can you survive not telling a lie?
- Newsroom idol: Sarah vs Steve
- Cricket calendar: Live on 2UE in 2013-14
- Should the smack be banned?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on NBN: Coalition's broken promise? how much faster would the internet be without all the spying on Australians and will this be sold off once it has been in ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Public transport costs to rise Here we go again, another disaster at the hands of the bumbling, indeed useless damned O'Farrell government. It would be ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Should the smack be banned? I have no confidence whatsoever in anything this hopeless, indeed useless UN mob have to say! I agree with Mr Abbott - we ... more
- Cleangirl on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 G.M America has just paid back with interest the bail-out money they got from the government. Why do we keep throwing out ... more
- Cleangirl on Should the smack be banned? No. Where do the P.C police want to stop ? Outlaw piercings, non-payment of pocket money, circumcision. Look at discipline ... more
- Robert on Should the smack be banned? The UN should butt out of our personal family lives and stop trying to push their global socialist agenda down our throats! ... more
- Jester4212 on Should the smack be banned? It should be at the discretion of the parent.This should not be a law enforced by the government. I agree with the PM's ... more
- Greg O on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 There was a time when we made everything in this country but that was back in the days when there was no other country that ... more
- James W on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Paul Murray - The Australians story about Holden and the Unions is an 'Opinion' piece, suggests it's not fact. I don't ... more
- Robert on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Why should anyone complain? You all wanted globalisation and here it is taking away jobs and sending our economy downhill to ... more
- Phil on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Classic case of Dutch Disease. Our Mining Sector - which we subsidise too, by the way - is pushing up the dollar making it ... more
- Samuel J on What angers you on Sydney roads? I utterly dislike tailgaters which effectively is 'menacing driving',then those boofheads with P plates who drive like ... more
- Ben on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Why do these workers get promised all this assistance when us normal working people are expected to fiend for ourselves?I, ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM