- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM