- James Tiger - Lego Ninjago
- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM