- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM