- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM