- London terror: soldier beheaded
- Contempt not standing for Magistrate
- Govt. grab for your unclaimed cash
- Claims against Ben Te'o denied
- Toby Maguire on The Great Gatsby
- Vivid to light up Sydney
- Ban plan for unvaccinated kids
- Sports betting the new tobacco?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CARMEN on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Well,Barry O'Farrell....VERY UNFORTUNATE, but you have been DUPED into accepting the Gonski scheme by the MOST DANGEROUS, ... more
- Robert on PM back in Sydney's greater west Bob Hawke will be there? Wow it'll be like a fabian-socialist(read communist) conference. more
- Robert on Girl held at gun point in robbery Another sign of a sick society. more
- Robert on Economic hard times for Aussies They cut back on welfare but have they cut back on 'overseas aid' or the expenditure concerning country shoppers ...cough... ... more
- Peter on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support And if Australia hasn't got bigger problems than trying to make another "Minority" feel good about a lifestyle choice! Good ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Premier sticks with Gonski decision These movers and $shakers are the cause of the problem not the solution! We do not need any so called $costly, money ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision This questionable decision has now shown Barry to be what we have all known he has always been "a Labor Stooge" more
- Bill on Aussies win Ashes of gardening That red thing really bloody ruins it! more
- Bill on Economic hard times for Aussies It's quite disgusting how we bring in all these immigrants, but yet there are so many people who are doing tough here in Oz! ... more
- email@example.com on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support WHAT A WEAK MAN THIS K-RUDD IS! HE GOES TO CHURCH EVERY WEEK! Doesn't he read verses like 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Do you not ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence you say....Homosexuals are getting on with what they do, nobody is telling them to stop; why do they have to co-opt ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support I am extremely disappointed at Kevin Rudd's premature declaration on this subject. They had the conscience vote already. Why ... more
- paul on Sydney’s traffic making workers sick Well Sydneysiders deserve it!Why have they not insisted on a travelcard they can use on all transport like London ,Hong Kong ... more
- Terrence on Man refuses rising for magistrate @Pearler, by defiling a religion that is followed by at least one-third of the population in every nook and corner of our ... more
- Robert on Man refuses rising for magistrate @CARMEN. You will have to excuse the dribble coming from Terrence. He is a lefty zealot and a devotee of anything that is ... more
- Robert on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support So rudd thinks that maybe after years of media and political propaganda and cultural-marxist teachers poisoning our ... more
- CARMEN on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Hi Paul...I missed your comments recently, but, never-the less, my judgement has not changed in the least....MARRIAGE IS ... more
- CARMEN on Journalists too left on political views? THERE WE GO AGAIN, TERENCE.....THE APOLOGIST, PUPPET AND GREAT HYPOCRITE OF THE LABOR PARTY......Please Oh please, Terence, ... more
- paul on Man refuses rising for magistrate He should be punished further for that!However that doesnt mean i will jump on the anti muslim racist bandwagon like a lot ... more
- paul on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Well done Mr Rudd.Its about time AustrÃ?Â?Ã?Â¡lia grew up re gay marriage and now we will see the clown is ABBOTT who will ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM