- Should we present our ID to vote?
- Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic
- Wicked musical returns to Sydney
- Drivers oblivious to their surrounds
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Matt Moran on cooking for spring
- When to report a traffic bingle?
- Sydney's long hot fire season ahead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
- des polson on George Piggins: being too stubborn? Get off George's back. Has he not done enough for the club. We would not be talking about a 21st premiership if it was not ... more
- Gary Anderson on Ice devastating Sydney families The best way to tackle the ice problem is legalise marijuana, have very good education about oral cannabis use and ... more
- Ben on Landmark case on Free Range eggs I feel so sorry for all those poor chickens and I am disgusted that humans are such swines and think it is ok to do that to ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Lower the voting age to 16? For the best results, voting should be for mature, objective people only, who know how to critically think, the age should ... more
- Kevin on Gillard interview a tacky TV ad? Evidently Julia Gillard is a very troubled female of no substance and her darling Ray Martin hates the Australian flag? more
- Tejas on Testing 85c Bread - does it bounce? I didnt even know about that bounce test. But no surprise. Cheap is not always good. I wouldn't buy it. White bread is ... more
- Samuel J on Teen terror suspect had big plans? The ISIS and/or ISIL black rotten damned flag ought to be banned and anyone displaying it in Australia should be either ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
PM's partner under fire for joke?
The Prime Minister's partner is under fire for a joke about Asian women during a reception at the Lodge. Tim Matheson addressed the West Indian Cricket Team on the importance of getting their prostate checked.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
AMA President Doctor Steve Hambleton says men's health is no joking-matter - especially when the information is incorrect.
Tim Mathieson apologised this morning, admitting 'poor taste.'
"My comments last night were trying to raise awareness about prostate cancer and the need for men to have regular checks and the importance of early detection.
"It was meant as a joke and on reflection I accept it was in poor taste. I apologise for any offence caused."
Mr Mathieson says he was just trying to raise the awareness of prostate cancer.
Jason Morrison says this whole episode is filled with hypocrisy and the news story would be a little different if the comments came from a talkback commentator, or from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Binge drinking has now reached unprecedented levels, with hospital admissions caused by alcohol up across all ages, and doubled over last ten years for young people. John Stanley on the growing concern.
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Much as I dislike Julia Gillard and the Labor Party, I think PC has gone to such ridiculous extremes picking up on Matheson's comment about a small female Asian doctor. Of course the left-wing media is pretty silent about it and you can imagine the hullabaloo and mayhem which would ensue if Tony Abbott or anyone from the Liberal Party had said anything similar, but really!!!
We used to be a wonderful country where we could get away with saying just about anything, but now we have become so precious and PC nobody can even make a harmless joke like this where talking about a small female Asian doctor is "racist". How ridiculous. I thought it was funny.Jimmy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:24 PM
There are two groups here who have every right in the world to be greatly offended by Tim`s racist joke, firstly Asians generally and secondly Women of Asian extraction. Where is the validity in the purpose of our vilification laws if Asian people can be publically denigrated in this way and the perpetrators of the offence get let off the hook without even so much as an apology forthcoming!Cath Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:25 AM
Lawyers have now confirmed that Tim (aka the first bloke) would definitely have broken the Roxon/Gillard/Green anti discrimination laws. And don't forget that under these proposed laws, effectively you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. So to protect themselves against criticism, Labor/the Greens are removing the right to free speech from the Australian way of life.David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Very sad for our country to have a couple of UNSOPHISTICATED people represent it's peoples....
HOPEFULLY, NOT FOR TOO LONG.CARMEN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:06 AM
Laughable, arrogant, amateurish, no class liar Juliar Gillard with her compatible boyfriend Tim are evidently lacking finesse. Disturbingly they are representing Australia and are now being openly laughed at. They are hardly statesman like representatives of Australia and evidently would be incapable of getting the best outcome for Australia on the world stage. Surely its time for an election now to throw out this damaging standing joke Labor, rabble of a government? I agree that a Royal Commission is required into corrupt unionised Labor.www.abortiontruth.com Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:04 AM
Its all Tony Abbotts fault! He sent telepathically this misogynistic quip to Tim in the hope that Roxan could use her new discrimination laws to embroil the PM in all sorts of bother. Watch this get the usual Lie-bor spin and Tim and The PM get their get out deep sh*t free card.Peter Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:07 AM