- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you trust a politician's promise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
PM's political polls stalling?
The Galaxy Poll released today has found only one in five voters believe Julia Gillard has been completely open and honest over her role in the Australian Workers Union scandal in the early 1990s.
However, most say it won't not change their vote at the next election.
Among Coalition voters, 81 per cent believe Ms Gillard should explain herself over the affair with a statement to Parliament, but only 36 per cent of Labor voters think so.
The poll also says if elections were held now, Tony Abbott would be elected prime minister, with the Coalition at 54 per cent, to 46 per cent for Labor, on a two-party preferred basis. (AAP)
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Australians spend more than half a billion dollars on bottled water each year, despite perfectly good water running from our taps. Clinton Maynard questions why people like bottled water over quality tap water.
There are some shocking drivers on our roads that make you wonder how they gained their licence. Should drivers undergo driver tests every 5 years? Clinton Maynard gives listeners a run through the test.
@Peter, they are no more than two or three actually posting under different names. If you look at their abusive language they all follow the same pattern and the same colourful language.Franco Monday 3 December, 2012 - 10:03 PM
Great to see the Lib tolls out in forcePeter Monday 3 December, 2012 - 2:39 PM
That poll was obviously taken in the ABC canteen at lunch time, that's the only place you would get anybody dumb enough to being the 1 in 5.Peter Monday 3 December, 2012 - 10:39 AM
As soon as Gillard and comrades are deservedly booted out of office, I trust the new integrity based Coalition Government will hold a Royal Commission into it and its equally disgraceful hangers on in some damned Unions - the breeding ground for corruption in my view!Samuel Kyrikos Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:24 AM
I suppose that lying sneak JuLia will use her same old stunts again in Labors' re-election campaign for 2013...i.e. if you vote for us...there will be no more carbon tax under the government I lead and I will stop the illegals boats still coming and yes East Timor will be used and no more "expert panels" that know bugger all-like Labor. JuLia will lower skyrocketing out of control electricity prices with ac/dc watch, petrol prices with fuel watch and grocery prices too with grocery watch, no more rotten hospital issues with hospital watch and yes education, Labor will make sure that all the brats are finally taught the 3 R's again with education watch and yes of course no more environmental sustainability with green watch. Labor "crap" buy Australian of course and no more Australian farms will be sold to China, even if Bob Carr and Bob Hawke strongly object!! As if JuLia, never again dirty Labor.Justin Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 10:33 PM
Intelligent Australians have given Labor the BIG arse forever. Juliar Gillard/Labor are an absolute disgrace as are all of their low mongrel supporters. People have awaken to lying Gillard and can now easily read between the lines thanks to the revealing reliable evidence that is coming out. I agree that a Royal Commission is absolutely required! Sad to say, but Labor are proven to be clearly not Aussies, anything but...RAKESH Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 8:38 PM