- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
PM's popularity soars by 10%
The PM's personal standing has soared on the back of her famous misogyny speech. Julia Gillard has a 10% lead over Opposition Leader Tony Abbott as preferred Prime Minister in the latest Nielsen poll.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Parents are calling for teachers to be paid more to attract the best candidates, amid concerns many lack basic spelling skills. A national survey has found 40% of parents have noticed errors on letters sent home.
Should we lift the amount we pay those unemployed? Jason Morrison says the real push should be getting people off benefits. Work is about as we are importing skilled workers. Should there be a time limit in place?
Abbott is this countries only hope and the loony left and the labor neandertals know it! Saying that Turnbull who is more Lbor than most of the Labor front bench is what the Liberals need is nothing more than spin from the Labor dirty tricks department. Labor are scared! very scared!Peter Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:12 AM
@Thel, your post shows you don't have any idea of the economic situation in Europe. If anything Europe is an example of why were better off not going down the path they did. Conservative govts with their austerity campaigns, mismanagement and big-business thuggery tolerant policies have all but destroyed the economies of several countries in Europe. Abbott wanted to do the same here. Thankfully he could not form govt otherwise we would probably have been in the same boat as his those European countries who were ruled by people of his ilk. Mate, put down the Lieberal Party Abuse Manual and start using your head for a change!Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:16 PM
"You have a lightweight brain"
Now I see why Abbott appeals to the intellects on this forum!just me Monday 22 October, 2012 - 8:59 PM
Two words - Malcolm Turnbull.
Tony Abbott is a laughable option!just me Monday 22 October, 2012 - 8:05 PM
A commentator was saying the best thing that could happen to Gillard is if Abbott remains as opposition leader until the election. But you have to look at those around him. There is no one substantial there. Hockey tries but goofs it up more often than not. Rob has completely shut up after making mistakes with figures. Bishop shows up occasionally to nod behind Abbott. Mirabella is there only to defend Abbott's credentials with women. Morrison is a parrot touting the same lines again and again. The only person who has brains - Turnbull, has been kept away. Are these the people who are advising him?Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 6:13 PM
The only thing light weight around these comments is your brain James W, also posting as other Imbeciles, roger, Bob Lord, just me & who knows who else the bloke is a Labor Stooge, Goon you name itPeter B Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:34 PM