- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- Felipe Massa Grand Prix favourite?
- The best spins of the news week
- Flu season hitting early this year?
- How will credit changes affect you?
- Late doctors should give discounts?
- Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
Police Action over Taser Death
A coroner has recommended five police officers face disciplinary action over their “thuggish” role in death of a Brazilian student. Police Association President Scott Weber speaks to the Two Murrays.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I find it beyond belief, months ago we had anti American protestors bashing police, smashing police cars etc and not one was tasered. Yet here we have one unarmed man tasered more than 16 times, sprayed with two cans of pepper, choked and held down by more than 6 officers! Work it out?Darren Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:24 AM
And I would add that we taxpayers are being ripped off with the employment of these little female school girl police that cannot make an arrest because of their dimunitive appearance and their lack of physical strength. So called equal opportunity rubbish, the failed labor party and feminazism gone mad in my view.Jack Buse Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:31 PM
Well said Luigi! Roger Rogerson would be laughing in his beer at these rank amateurs masquerading in the cover of their fortress like police stations. What makes me laugh is you have some loud-mouth radio commentators and that idiot police minister who are always saying how the invisible inactive police are doing a good job on the streets and they deserve even more money, when the streets are being shot to pieces everyday, the complete opposite! I would sack the lot of them, reform and militarize the police so they can really fight the damned war on our streets. Furthermore the disloyal police working hours need to be audited bigtime!!! What with 4 days on and 10 days off with sickies in between and many working 2 jobs, then falsely bitching that they don't get paid enough, no wonder the place is a damned mess.Raymond Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:59 AM
Get rid of the Tasers and go back to the tried and true 9mm slug! A gapping chest wound takes the fight right out of a man!Peter Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:03 AM
It is a safe and non harmful way!! It is used widely for animal control and law enforcement, riots etc, etc. I thought the Ombudsman was changing all of this institutionalised rot that has set in the police dept with the use of these 'weapons.'Buy Taser Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:58 AM
Pre-election, the now totally failed NSW Police Minister an ex-cop Mike Gallacher was going to clean things up?? There are!!!Shirley Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:27 PM