- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
Police Action over Taser Death
A coroner has recommended five police officers face disciplinary action over their “thuggish” role in death of a Brazilian student. Police Association President Scott Weber speaks to the Two Murrays.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I find it beyond belief, months ago we had anti American protestors bashing police, smashing police cars etc and not one was tasered. Yet here we have one unarmed man tasered more than 16 times, sprayed with two cans of pepper, choked and held down by more than 6 officers! Work it out?Darren Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:24 AM
And I would add that we taxpayers are being ripped off with the employment of these little female school girl police that cannot make an arrest because of their dimunitive appearance and their lack of physical strength. So called equal opportunity rubbish, the failed labor party and feminazism gone mad in my view.Jack Buse Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:31 PM
Well said Luigi! Roger Rogerson would be laughing in his beer at these rank amateurs masquerading in the cover of their fortress like police stations. What makes me laugh is you have some loud-mouth radio commentators and that idiot police minister who are always saying how the invisible inactive police are doing a good job on the streets and they deserve even more money, when the streets are being shot to pieces everyday, the complete opposite! I would sack the lot of them, reform and militarize the police so they can really fight the damned war on our streets. Furthermore the disloyal police working hours need to be audited bigtime!!! What with 4 days on and 10 days off with sickies in between and many working 2 jobs, then falsely bitching that they don't get paid enough, no wonder the place is a damned mess.Raymond Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:59 AM
Get rid of the Tasers and go back to the tried and true 9mm slug! A gapping chest wound takes the fight right out of a man!Peter Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:03 AM
It is a safe and non harmful way!! It is used widely for animal control and law enforcement, riots etc, etc. I thought the Ombudsman was changing all of this institutionalised rot that has set in the police dept with the use of these 'weapons.'Buy Taser Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:58 AM
Pre-election, the now totally failed NSW Police Minister an ex-cop Mike Gallacher was going to clean things up?? There are!!!Shirley Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:27 PM