- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Police: no visible tattoos allowed?
A proposal to ban people with tattoos from joining the NSW police force is absurd, the state opposition says. Should police officers be allowed to have visible tattoos? Have Your Say!
Under the proposal being drafted for Commissioner Andrew Scipione, prospective police recruits with tattoos would be knocked back and current officers with tattoos would have to conceal them.
John Stanley with Assistant police commissioner Michael Corboy, one of the authors of the proposal, said the move was about professionalism and presenting the right look to the community.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Honestly i strongly think that Police should be able to. I believe they should because, as everyone else police have the right to get tattoos. Honestly you could be working in a bakery or a butcher and have a tattoo. So that is what i think. Police should have the right to be able to were tattoos without hiding themAndrew Wednesday 8 February, 2012 - 5:24 PM
Tattoos on Police is an insult to the position that should require respect. How much respect do you think you have with Hinges tattooed on you inner arms or LEFT and RIGHT tattooed on your knuckles, not to mention whites with Mauri inkJohn Archer Monday 30 January, 2012 - 3:48 PM
It's about time we got up to date with changing attitudes to tattoos. Body piercings would be dangerous for a police officer involved in any altercations but tattoos do not impair their performance. People need to stop judging a book by the cover and equating any tattoos with criminal, undesirable elements. As to 'normal people' finding them offensive, maybe you arn't so normal, get over youself and respect someone else's decision. Have you ever thought sharing a love of a tattoo might be some way of police relating to people on the street?Ben Monday 30 January, 2012 - 1:20 PM
I hate tattoos. They are always ugly to look at and do nothing to enhance appearance. When I was a child, tatts. were frowned upon and synonymous with criminals and were not socially acceptable. There are still plenty of people around today who hold that view.Jan Monday 30 January, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Police are meant to be perceived as a role model for society and need to continue to build on their great visual respect for the community to feel comfortable and approachable.
Marking yourself with a tattoo is a personal choice however proudly displaying for the community within a professional industry environment is completely out of line.
Tattoos are an intimidating source and sometimes related to gangs
I agree that professional standards need to addressed and upheld.Intimidating tattoos Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:24 AM
Large Visable Tattoos have No place in the Police force they look totally unprofessional.Glenn Logan Monday 30 January, 2012 - 7:36 AM