- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Police: no visible tattoos allowed?
A proposal to ban people with tattoos from joining the NSW police force is absurd, the state opposition says. Should police officers be allowed to have visible tattoos? Have Your Say!
Under the proposal being drafted for Commissioner Andrew Scipione, prospective police recruits with tattoos would be knocked back and current officers with tattoos would have to conceal them.
John Stanley with Assistant police commissioner Michael Corboy, one of the authors of the proposal, said the move was about professionalism and presenting the right look to the community.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Honestly i strongly think that Police should be able to. I believe they should because, as everyone else police have the right to get tattoos. Honestly you could be working in a bakery or a butcher and have a tattoo. So that is what i think. Police should have the right to be able to were tattoos without hiding themAndrew Wednesday 8 February, 2012 - 5:24 PM
Tattoos on Police is an insult to the position that should require respect. How much respect do you think you have with Hinges tattooed on you inner arms or LEFT and RIGHT tattooed on your knuckles, not to mention whites with Mauri inkJohn Archer Monday 30 January, 2012 - 3:48 PM
It's about time we got up to date with changing attitudes to tattoos. Body piercings would be dangerous for a police officer involved in any altercations but tattoos do not impair their performance. People need to stop judging a book by the cover and equating any tattoos with criminal, undesirable elements. As to 'normal people' finding them offensive, maybe you arn't so normal, get over youself and respect someone else's decision. Have you ever thought sharing a love of a tattoo might be some way of police relating to people on the street?Ben Monday 30 January, 2012 - 1:20 PM
I hate tattoos. They are always ugly to look at and do nothing to enhance appearance. When I was a child, tatts. were frowned upon and synonymous with criminals and were not socially acceptable. There are still plenty of people around today who hold that view.Jan Monday 30 January, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Police are meant to be perceived as a role model for society and need to continue to build on their great visual respect for the community to feel comfortable and approachable.
Marking yourself with a tattoo is a personal choice however proudly displaying for the community within a professional industry environment is completely out of line.
Tattoos are an intimidating source and sometimes related to gangs
I agree that professional standards need to addressed and upheld.Intimidating tattoos Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:24 AM
Large Visable Tattoos have No place in the Police force they look totally unprofessional.Glenn Logan Monday 30 January, 2012 - 7:36 AM