- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Police: no visible tattoos allowed?
A proposal to ban people with tattoos from joining the NSW police force is absurd, the state opposition says. Should police officers be allowed to have visible tattoos? Have Your Say!
Under the proposal being drafted for Commissioner Andrew Scipione, prospective police recruits with tattoos would be knocked back and current officers with tattoos would have to conceal them.
John Stanley with Assistant police commissioner Michael Corboy, one of the authors of the proposal, said the move was about professionalism and presenting the right look to the community.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Honestly i strongly think that Police should be able to. I believe they should because, as everyone else police have the right to get tattoos. Honestly you could be working in a bakery or a butcher and have a tattoo. So that is what i think. Police should have the right to be able to were tattoos without hiding themAndrew Wednesday 8 February, 2012 - 5:24 PM
Tattoos on Police is an insult to the position that should require respect. How much respect do you think you have with Hinges tattooed on you inner arms or LEFT and RIGHT tattooed on your knuckles, not to mention whites with Mauri inkJohn Archer Monday 30 January, 2012 - 3:48 PM
It's about time we got up to date with changing attitudes to tattoos. Body piercings would be dangerous for a police officer involved in any altercations but tattoos do not impair their performance. People need to stop judging a book by the cover and equating any tattoos with criminal, undesirable elements. As to 'normal people' finding them offensive, maybe you arn't so normal, get over youself and respect someone else's decision. Have you ever thought sharing a love of a tattoo might be some way of police relating to people on the street?Ben Monday 30 January, 2012 - 1:20 PM
I hate tattoos. They are always ugly to look at and do nothing to enhance appearance. When I was a child, tatts. were frowned upon and synonymous with criminals and were not socially acceptable. There are still plenty of people around today who hold that view.Jan Monday 30 January, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Police are meant to be perceived as a role model for society and need to continue to build on their great visual respect for the community to feel comfortable and approachable.
Marking yourself with a tattoo is a personal choice however proudly displaying for the community within a professional industry environment is completely out of line.
Tattoos are an intimidating source and sometimes related to gangs
I agree that professional standards need to addressed and upheld.Intimidating tattoos Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:24 AM
Large Visable Tattoos have No place in the Police force they look totally unprofessional.Glenn Logan Monday 30 January, 2012 - 7:36 AM