- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- Would you pay $580 for the Stones?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
Police to move on priest 'cover up'
There are fresh claims this morning three-of Australia's most senior Catholic Church figures concealed the sexual assaults of young girls in the Hunter Valley.
According to the Herald, police believe the trio knew of the actions of a convicted paedophile priest as far back as 1993, but didn't report him for ten-years.
The senior priests are accused of being involved in a secret and speedy operation to "de-frock" him in 2005, when learning of the abuse.
John Stanley on a landmark case that could expose the church to a new wave of criminal prosecution.
He speaks with Anthony Stevens, Brother in Law of John Pirona, a victim of one of the Hunter's most notorious paedophile priests, who took his life last week.
He is calling for a Royal Commission.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
More scandalous allegations have been aired in the case between parliamentary speaker Peter Slipper and his former staffer. Jason Morrison questions why the accusations are only coming to ground now.
Are human beings responsible for climate change? John Stanley with prominent sceptic Richard Muller who has now reversed course. He now believes that greenhouse gases are responsible for global warming.
Emmanuel, undoubtedly the lefties, Greens and other general God-haters will have their axes to grind. However, there is more to this protest against corrupt clergy than just a face-off with the above. Though it may disappoint you, it is a question of the rule of law in our society and not merely the sole province of the Catholic heirachy to dismissively Absolve abberant misfits from amongst their ranks, (if not otherwise merely as an ordinary institutional cover up exercise). Praise God that the civil authorities now have their lawful edicts to administer!cc Saturday 4 August, 2012 - 1:18 PM
The widespread cover up of paedophiles is clearly everywhere in many, many respected close circles, professions and groups and even within some families. There is an obvious agenda, a concerted attack on the anti-homosexual marriage and anti-abortion Catholic Church, by some sections of the hate Catholics, atheist media.Emmanuel Tuesday 31 July, 2012 - 12:18 PM