- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Police to move on priest 'cover up'
There are fresh claims this morning three-of Australia's most senior Catholic Church figures concealed the sexual assaults of young girls in the Hunter Valley.
According to the Herald, police believe the trio knew of the actions of a convicted paedophile priest as far back as 1993, but didn't report him for ten-years.
The senior priests are accused of being involved in a secret and speedy operation to "de-frock" him in 2005, when learning of the abuse.
John Stanley on a landmark case that could expose the church to a new wave of criminal prosecution.
He speaks with Anthony Stevens, Brother in Law of John Pirona, a victim of one of the Hunter's most notorious paedophile priests, who took his life last week.
He is calling for a Royal Commission.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
More scandalous allegations have been aired in the case between parliamentary speaker Peter Slipper and his former staffer. Jason Morrison questions why the accusations are only coming to ground now.
Are human beings responsible for climate change? John Stanley with prominent sceptic Richard Muller who has now reversed course. He now believes that greenhouse gases are responsible for global warming.
Emmanuel, undoubtedly the lefties, Greens and other general God-haters will have their axes to grind. However, there is more to this protest against corrupt clergy than just a face-off with the above. Though it may disappoint you, it is a question of the rule of law in our society and not merely the sole province of the Catholic heirachy to dismissively Absolve abberant misfits from amongst their ranks, (if not otherwise merely as an ordinary institutional cover up exercise). Praise God that the civil authorities now have their lawful edicts to administer!cc Saturday 4 August, 2012 - 1:18 PM
The widespread cover up of paedophiles is clearly everywhere in many, many respected close circles, professions and groups and even within some families. There is an obvious agenda, a concerted attack on the anti-homosexual marriage and anti-abortion Catholic Church, by some sections of the hate Catholics, atheist media.Emmanuel Tuesday 31 July, 2012 - 12:18 PM