- Indian mum group founder speaks out
- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet headed?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dean on Fire takes hold at Barangaroo Quick lets close the airport, stop the ferries and evacuate the city just in case this thing kicks up some dust. No such ... more
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
Polls on increase for the Coalition
Labor has brushed of the latest opinion poll showing support for the Coalition has increased, despite the negativity surrounding Tony Abbott. Primary support for ALP dropped to 33%, Coalition increased to 45%.
Labor frontbencher Craig Emerson says the government's not taking the results too seriously.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Stuart Bocking seeks out Attorney General Nicola Roxon for personally intervening in the Peter Slipper sexual harassment case by briefing lawyers defending him. He looks at the latest newspoll results and the hypocrisy being shown by the parties.
The federal coalition says the latest Newspoll shows voters have seen through Labor's smear campaign against Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Deputy opposition leader Julie Bishop warns the government is using the same tactics as Queensland Labor prior to the party's devastating defeat in this year's state election.
Ms Bishop was responding to the latest Newspoll, published in The Australian today, which shows the coalition regaining its big lead over Labor. (AAP)
Federal Parliament resumes, without the Speaker. 7 months since he was in the chair and Jason Morrison asks, how much longer can this go on? Labor continue to support him in the role on full salary.
Nicola Roxon says the government won't back down in its criticism of Tony Abbott, who she maintains has an "issue with capable women". Paul Murray takes her to task for criticism of the Opposition Leader.
It is awful to listen to Labor in Parliament. They cant' talk about Policy because they have messed up everything. They are only interested in "milking" the government cash cow for themselves. We need our country back.Louisa Hawes Monday 15 October, 2012 - 1:11 AM
And what is it with this foolhardly woman Nicola Roxon about capable women? There is not one, repeat not one capable woman in this utterly failed, useless, rorting, rank incompetent left of left wing rotten damned Gillard minority socialist 'government.' Also Madame Bipolar go and wash your hair then your mouth out as well.Rodney James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 8:30 PM
I heard Gillard's rant against Abbott during today's debate. She's lost the plot. Her voice was that of a fanatic and her statements were of hate. Highly unparliamentary and, "It's Time".David T. Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 5:08 PM
It's a bit hard to get our country back when we don't own it anymore! Liebor has seen to it that our country has been sold off and invaded by hoards of phoney economic refuges!Peter Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 2:29 PM
These endless polls are just confirming the plain obvious. Labor do not care one bit and Labor are just using up every selfish minute, filling up their deep greedy $$pockets till they get booted out in about 12 months time. Everyone is sick to death of these over done daily polls and just want to vote these bullying treasonous Labor bastards right out ASAP and get our country back!!Kelvin Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM
Fantastic editorial!! You nailed the rank hypocricy of the Labour Party. (Loved your correct reference to the "hand bag brigade").Real Balance Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 9:45 AM