- Savage brawl at Parramatta Westfield
- Christmas lights being knocked off?
- Believe in the power of prayers?
- Christmas naughty & nice list
- Ashes 3rd test ball by ball on 2UE
- Facebook's most popular of 2013
- Is cheerleading really a sport?
- Delivery deadlines need a re-think?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PJ on Why are Coalition behind in polls? One sentence; Labor Left OWN the media.Coalition has been blamed for the Spy scandal, Qantas and Holden. All problems ... more
- Jo on Are Sydney's trains too unreliable? Yes trains are unreliable but from someone who catches a bus 10-12 times a week or more buses are worse and something needs ... more
- peter on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I don't care if they are behind in the polls at least we don't have to listen ugly voice of Gillard I think it is funny how ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? People are probably realising that the 2013 vintage LNP are at least as big a bullsh#*ters as any other Governing party that ... more
- annette on Why are Coalition behind in polls? the fact that the liberals want to kill off our car industry and kill off our national airline , both should be bailed out. ... more
- rolland on Why are Coalition behind in polls? sick of all the lies from this govt the secrecy with hiding the boats, the attacks on our national broadcaster, christopher ... more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Robert the normal racist answer.Just because you think the racist white only policy was fine does not mean that all whites ... more
- Felicia on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Political analysis with Dicko. That'll do me. more
- Stew on Expect intense bushfires more often The professor has zero cred. Just look at his record....Glad he is off the taxpayers teat. History will judge him ... more
- peter on Expect intense bushfires more often gee you don't think the land clearing laws had anything to do with the scrub build up and the red tape you have to go ... more
- mick on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? You are a racist Ahmed, stupid claim. more
- Keith A Tudor on Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela Nelson Mandela - a thoroughly great and an outstandingly honest and capable man indeed. Except for John Howard and I ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on Aussie students are falling behind? I would also like to see their left wing Union abolished and replaced by a Management Board comprising Parents and a few ... more
- Robert on Mandela: lessons we can all learn @ahmed. The White Australia policy was fine. Our people didn't build this country with multiculturalism in mind. They built ... more
- Jenny Biddle on Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign? I agree that Alan Joyce and the Board of Qantas should go, It has been a downhill spiral since Joyce took charge. Virgin ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @ Jester4212, much larger, heavier and faster vehicle.Q.Why do they expose themselves to danger and death.A. They are stupid! more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela A great man who will go down in history as a great leader with wisdom, courage and fortitude. He will reap his eternal ... more
- Craig on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? @Ahmed, are we not all human beings first? And in saying that should we not treat all of our fellow human beings with ... more
Polls on increase for the Coalition
Labor has brushed of the latest opinion poll showing support for the Coalition has increased, despite the negativity surrounding Tony Abbott. Primary support for ALP dropped to 33%, Coalition increased to 45%.
Labor frontbencher Craig Emerson says the government's not taking the results too seriously.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Stuart Bocking seeks out Attorney General Nicola Roxon for personally intervening in the Peter Slipper sexual harassment case by briefing lawyers defending him. He looks at the latest newspoll results and the hypocrisy being shown by the parties.
The federal coalition says the latest Newspoll shows voters have seen through Labor's smear campaign against Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.
Deputy opposition leader Julie Bishop warns the government is using the same tactics as Queensland Labor prior to the party's devastating defeat in this year's state election.
Ms Bishop was responding to the latest Newspoll, published in The Australian today, which shows the coalition regaining its big lead over Labor. (AAP)
Federal Parliament resumes, without the Speaker. 7 months since he was in the chair and Jason Morrison asks, how much longer can this go on? Labor continue to support him in the role on full salary.
Nicola Roxon says the government won't back down in its criticism of Tony Abbott, who she maintains has an "issue with capable women". Paul Murray takes her to task for criticism of the Opposition Leader.
It is awful to listen to Labor in Parliament. They cant' talk about Policy because they have messed up everything. They are only interested in "milking" the government cash cow for themselves. We need our country back.Louisa Hawes Monday 15 October, 2012 - 1:11 AM
And what is it with this foolhardly woman Nicola Roxon about capable women? There is not one, repeat not one capable woman in this utterly failed, useless, rorting, rank incompetent left of left wing rotten damned Gillard minority socialist 'government.' Also Madame Bipolar go and wash your hair then your mouth out as well.Rodney James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 8:30 PM
I heard Gillard's rant against Abbott during today's debate. She's lost the plot. Her voice was that of a fanatic and her statements were of hate. Highly unparliamentary and, "It's Time".David T. Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 5:08 PM
It's a bit hard to get our country back when we don't own it anymore! Liebor has seen to it that our country has been sold off and invaded by hoards of phoney economic refuges!Peter Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 2:29 PM
These endless polls are just confirming the plain obvious. Labor do not care one bit and Labor are just using up every selfish minute, filling up their deep greedy $$pockets till they get booted out in about 12 months time. Everyone is sick to death of these over done daily polls and just want to vote these bullying treasonous Labor bastards right out ASAP and get our country back!!Kelvin Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM
Fantastic editorial!! You nailed the rank hypocricy of the Labour Party. (Loved your correct reference to the "hand bag brigade").Real Balance Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 9:45 AM