- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Premier's church abuse inquiry
A special commission of inquiry will probe allegations made by a senior police investigator into child sex abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy in the NSW Hunter region.
NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell says the commission will be headed by senior counsel Margaret Cunneen and will look into claims made by Detective Chief Inspector Peter Fox alleging cover ups by police and the Catholic Church in the Hunter.
Mr Fox has publicly challenged Mr O'Farrell to launch a royal commission, writing an open letter to the premier and criticising the state government's continued failure to launch a judicial inquiry.
Mr O'Farrell says he has full confidence in police commissioner Andrew Scipione and the police force, but the matters raised are serious.
He says the inquiry will look at any allegations of interference in relation to investigating specific pedophile activity in the Hunter.
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray speaks with Nationals MP and Member for Dubbo Troy Grant, a former police officer who led the watershed paedophilia investigation of priest Vincent Ryan, said it was time for Cardinal George Pell to "fall on his sword" as Archbishop of Sydney, because the church had never managed to put the interests of victims before its clergymen.
The Premier has fended off criticisms of his decision to concentrate initially only on the Hunter Region a Special Commission of Inquiry into sex abuse within th e cathlic church,
It follows a letter to the Premier from a whistle blowing policeman, Peter Fox.
Premier Barry O'Farrell has told John Stanley the inquiry will be widened if necessary.
400 drivers have been booked for illegally using mobile phones across since the new laws were introduced. Harold Scruby from the Pedestrian Council says the penalties for the mobile offences are too soft.
China's president in-waiting Xi Jinping is about to become the leader of the communist nation. John Stanley looks at who he is, his upbringing and the new strategic road map ahead for China and the Asian region.