- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- Court delay on Roger Rogerson case
- MH17: Putin behind the attack?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Premier's church abuse inquiry
A special commission of inquiry will probe allegations made by a senior police investigator into child sex abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy in the NSW Hunter region.
NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell says the commission will be headed by senior counsel Margaret Cunneen and will look into claims made by Detective Chief Inspector Peter Fox alleging cover ups by police and the Catholic Church in the Hunter.
Mr Fox has publicly challenged Mr O'Farrell to launch a royal commission, writing an open letter to the premier and criticising the state government's continued failure to launch a judicial inquiry.
Mr O'Farrell says he has full confidence in police commissioner Andrew Scipione and the police force, but the matters raised are serious.
He says the inquiry will look at any allegations of interference in relation to investigating specific pedophile activity in the Hunter.
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray speaks with Nationals MP and Member for Dubbo Troy Grant, a former police officer who led the watershed paedophilia investigation of priest Vincent Ryan, said it was time for Cardinal George Pell to "fall on his sword" as Archbishop of Sydney, because the church had never managed to put the interests of victims before its clergymen.
The Premier has fended off criticisms of his decision to concentrate initially only on the Hunter Region a Special Commission of Inquiry into sex abuse within th e cathlic church,
It follows a letter to the Premier from a whistle blowing policeman, Peter Fox.
Premier Barry O'Farrell has told John Stanley the inquiry will be widened if necessary.
400 drivers have been booked for illegally using mobile phones across since the new laws were introduced. Harold Scruby from the Pedestrian Council says the penalties for the mobile offences are too soft.
China's president in-waiting Xi Jinping is about to become the leader of the communist nation. John Stanley looks at who he is, his upbringing and the new strategic road map ahead for China and the Asian region.