- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
President Obama Re-elected
President Obama has won a second term in the White House. Former White House staffer Laura Schwartz joins Paul Murray from Chicago as the celebrations begin.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Obama is bailing out anybody and anything with borrowed money,$17 Trillion at last count. He is a fiscal and foreign policy lightweight who plays the divide and conquer game to a very gullible American electorate.
The American public deserve the next four years, god help them!Peter Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 10:25 AM
I can't help but respond to Peter Wednesday.
Dear Friend, Hugo Chavez is a socialist. In Venezuela, he nationalized the oil companies, he nationalized the banks, he nationalized the gold industry, all of which lost private ownership.
During the 2008-2009 financial crisis, the Unites States government bailed out private financial corporations like AIG, Bank of America, Citigroup. The Unites States government continued by bailing the auto industry and many others. All of which retained their private ownership in the end. What was done here is the complete opposite of socialism, and it was all done under the leadership of Barack Obama.
When Barack Obama was elected President, the word "socialism" was hijacked by the right for their own political gain, and then used against Obama during the current election cycle. It's no different than the word "gay" which was hijacked by the homosexual movement.
Barack Obama is not a socialist.
The United States has its share of problems, and from my own point of view, probably not the best nation to live in. Of all the places on the planet that I believe offer better conditions for people to be happy, the first would be the Nordic Countries and then Australia!
Be grateful for what you have down under.Jeremiah Johnson Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 5:34 AM
I cannot get over the Americans stupidity voting for this shifty charmer, smooth talker , no talent who looks and acts like a Hollywood pizza delivery driver aiming for a $tip. Not long now before the U.S. dollar is completely irrelevant and the new world superpower, mortgagee, China's powerful yen is leading the world. Bye bye American pie! After 4 years of damned Obama, America is now a basket case, yet they still love him in preference to Mitt Romney-how absurd? Maybe because Obama helped built a mosque at Ground Zero New York and he likes homosexual marriage and abortion for birth control etc. Sad to see a once great nation gone down the immoral and economic drain. However, sadly I think the same foolishness is happening here with Labor calling an early election and winning under the same fanciful guise as Obama. Bottom Line-watch this space in 4 years, Americans will be then gnashing their teeth harder and moaning why! The very thick voters are really stupid idiots and they will pay for it big-time and forever. I still can't believe it!! Good luck Australia.THE BOSS HA HA Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 9:47 PM
I once thought Americans were above stupidity! How do you vote a decisive bubbling socialist back into office?
Obama has placed the US into the path of fiscal ruin and it will become the laughing stock of the whole world, that is, the parts that are not already up shit creek!
It also goes to show you that the gulible will beleive the misogynist line everytime! Stupid Stupid People!Peter Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 4:45 PM