- Ebola virus just a plane flight away?
- US voices "deep concerns" to Russia
- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Angela Coombes on Being a smarter, not a faster country? Well, while ever we have the large number of people on the dole and undeserved so called 'disability' pensions, this country ... more
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
President Obama Re-elected
President Obama has won a second term in the White House. Former White House staffer Laura Schwartz joins Paul Murray from Chicago as the celebrations begin.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Obama is bailing out anybody and anything with borrowed money,$17 Trillion at last count. He is a fiscal and foreign policy lightweight who plays the divide and conquer game to a very gullible American electorate.
The American public deserve the next four years, god help them!Peter Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 10:25 AM
I can't help but respond to Peter Wednesday.
Dear Friend, Hugo Chavez is a socialist. In Venezuela, he nationalized the oil companies, he nationalized the banks, he nationalized the gold industry, all of which lost private ownership.
During the 2008-2009 financial crisis, the Unites States government bailed out private financial corporations like AIG, Bank of America, Citigroup. The Unites States government continued by bailing the auto industry and many others. All of which retained their private ownership in the end. What was done here is the complete opposite of socialism, and it was all done under the leadership of Barack Obama.
When Barack Obama was elected President, the word "socialism" was hijacked by the right for their own political gain, and then used against Obama during the current election cycle. It's no different than the word "gay" which was hijacked by the homosexual movement.
Barack Obama is not a socialist.
The United States has its share of problems, and from my own point of view, probably not the best nation to live in. Of all the places on the planet that I believe offer better conditions for people to be happy, the first would be the Nordic Countries and then Australia!
Be grateful for what you have down under.Jeremiah Johnson Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 5:34 AM
I cannot get over the Americans stupidity voting for this shifty charmer, smooth talker , no talent who looks and acts like a Hollywood pizza delivery driver aiming for a $tip. Not long now before the U.S. dollar is completely irrelevant and the new world superpower, mortgagee, China's powerful yen is leading the world. Bye bye American pie! After 4 years of damned Obama, America is now a basket case, yet they still love him in preference to Mitt Romney-how absurd? Maybe because Obama helped built a mosque at Ground Zero New York and he likes homosexual marriage and abortion for birth control etc. Sad to see a once great nation gone down the immoral and economic drain. However, sadly I think the same foolishness is happening here with Labor calling an early election and winning under the same fanciful guise as Obama. Bottom Line-watch this space in 4 years, Americans will be then gnashing their teeth harder and moaning why! The very thick voters are really stupid idiots and they will pay for it big-time and forever. I still can't believe it!! Good luck Australia.THE BOSS HA HA Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 9:47 PM
I once thought Americans were above stupidity! How do you vote a decisive bubbling socialist back into office?
Obama has placed the US into the path of fiscal ruin and it will become the laughing stock of the whole world, that is, the parts that are not already up shit creek!
It also goes to show you that the gulible will beleive the misogynist line everytime! Stupid Stupid People!Peter Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 4:45 PM